Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Experience Earning  - up&up

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline reli [PM] Posts: 28 — Threads: 8
Signos: 565
Night Court Scholar
Male [He/Him/His]  |  11 [Year 499 Summer]  |  18.3 hh  |  Hth: 8 — Atk: 12 — Exp: 20  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

s
caling one of the many precipices of the Arma Mountains, the stallion places a large hoof forward, settling his weight as he lowers his head to inspect a sprig that peaks out from between the rocks. With his attention absorbed elsewhere, he doesn’t notice the stone falter beneath his foot, trembling from his weight a half second before it gives way completely.

The large rock is suddenly ricocheting down the mountainside, leaving Fang off balance and lurching forward. Thrusting his wings out, he is just able to catch himself from falling and following the stone as it continues to plummet to the ground.

Watching it land far below with a final reverberation of sound, Fang can’t help but exhale a breathless chuckle. “Woah. Close call,” he shakes his head, “Let’s be more careful, shall we?” He mutters to himself, ridding his skin of the prickle of nerves as he refocuses his attention. He has come to the mountains in search of supplies—more specifically, plant supplies. Perhaps it is a habit, or maybe nostalgia from his talents with magic; in any case, the red stallion finds himself comforted by the simple task.

Side-stepping onto a more worn part of the path, he resumes his search, humming softly as he does so.

tag; @Caelum
“…”
Courage,
dear heart.
x | x

Lost boys like me
are free.
please tag Fang in all replies; magic and force are permitted

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 132 — Threads: 23
Signos: 6,637
Night Court Medic
Female [She/Her/Hers/We]  |  Immortal [Year 497 Spring]  |  15 hh  |  Hth: 32 — Atk: 28 — Exp: 70  |    Active Magic: Breath of Life  |    Bonded: Tiana (Soul-Spirit)

It was a day for exploration, or so she had decided early on. Now she was quiet hum of dragonfly wings among the quiet mountain, her gaze searching for the items she couldn't so easily cultivate for her medical supplies at her shop. Plus the fae wished to explore the island before the risk of cold setting in would return, as she knew it would. Stretch her wings out to enjoy the sunshine while their was some.

A noise soon caught her attention however and delicate wings carried her close enough to see a mammoth stallion of red slip among the rocks and stones of the mountain, "Careful Fang," She called out, her tone light and playful as she approached, Tiana hovering in a ball of red energy above her shoulder. Caelum's gaze was curious upon seeing the red stallion, however; "Might I ask what you are doing?" She then offered a smile with an explination, "Maybe I can offer my assistance?" It certainly would beat out her simple explorations of no purpose.

“Talk.”
(Alternate color for thoughts).
Tiana, the bonded soul-spirit

@Fang
Running out of fucks that I can give to you
But you can still be pretty on the inside, too
Your heart's so cold, but I love the way you lie
Should've seen the red flags, but for you I'm fucking blind
x | x

Played by Offline reli [PM] Posts: 28 — Threads: 8
Signos: 565
Night Court Scholar
Male [He/Him/His]  |  11 [Year 499 Summer]  |  18.3 hh  |  Hth: 8 — Atk: 12 — Exp: 20  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

w
ith the mountain air whistling gently in his ears, Fang does not catch the nearby hum of fluttering wings, or notice the blue mare until she calls out to him. He is startled for half a second—thinking he is alone among the rocky bluffs, hearing another voice is the last thing he had expected—but recognizing the familiar figure of his friend and her shining companion, his expression brightens immediately. “Caelum! And Tiana! I didn’t notice you up there. Hello,” he offers a warm smile.

I am gathering supplies…for the Court, I suppose,” the boy shrugs at the last bit, his tone hovering between casual and abashed. He hadn’t anticipated anyone sharing this simple task with him (it is simple, right?)—

His heart tells him to stop lying to himself.

He continues quickly. I am searching for any plants that might be of use. I’m still familiarizing myself with this world, and I think this is a comfortable way for me to do that,” the embers of his gaze sweep briefly over the stones that rise and fall around his feet. “Just maybe not the safest,” Fang laughs. He has never been known for his grace, but that has never stopped him. Beckoning Caelum closer with a flick of his chin, he gives her a playful smile. “I would enjoy your help, if you’d like to join me.”

tag; @Caelum
“…”
Courage,
dear heart.
x | x

Lost boys like me
are free.
please tag Fang in all replies; magic and force are permitted

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 132 — Threads: 23
Signos: 6,637
Night Court Medic
Female [She/Her/Hers/We]  |  Immortal [Year 497 Spring]  |  15 hh  |  Hth: 32 — Atk: 28 — Exp: 70  |    Active Magic: Breath of Life  |    Bonded: Tiana (Soul-Spirit)

The dame can't help the soft and amused smile when she catches his off guard, ears perked forward in merriment as he calls out a greeting not just to her, but the red ball of energy at her side. Tiana twirls forward, the sphere of energy circling him twice and flashing in brightness in a silent greeting.

Caelum listens as he explains his task, gathering supplies and search out plants useful to aid the court, and using the taskbto to familiarize himself with Denocte as well. She smiled, though the smile falters as more rocks rain down, "Well, do be careful. Last thing you want is a rock slide that knocks you off the edge. Wings or not, rocks hurt." Despite the playful smile, her tone betrays her concern, even as she flies closer at his beckoning, "Of course I can help, but you will find most of the plants here spare. The loose rubble makes it harder for them to grow. I would recommend looking along the cliff face, rather than the looser rubble here." She suggested, even as she quietly wove vines through the rocks he was standing on, the help keep them from tumbling out from under him.

“Talk.”
(Alternate color for thoughts).
Tiana, the bonded soul-spirit

@Fang
Running out of fucks that I can give to you
But you can still be pretty on the inside, too
Your heart's so cold, but I love the way you lie
Should've seen the red flags, but for you I'm fucking blind
x | x