Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - [Challenge] For Solterra!

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline morphi [PM] Posts: 76 — Threads: 14
Signos: 310
Day Court Sovereign
Male [He/his]  |  8 [Year 503 Summer]  |  23 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 15  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Jarek
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here behind the curtain lies a darkness feeding
Pooled inside, in hunger cries, and still it's eating
Everything I had to hide is all on my sleeve
And behind the curtain lies my soul, I’m bleeding
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since his arrival to the day court something had been pestering the back of his mind. The hulking beast that was said to rule these lands was not often seen. Nonetheless the court life seemed to progress without constant nurturing. This was testament to the hardiness of the souls that lived in Solterra, they were independent hard working types who just got on with it. They deserved more support and recognition for their struggles. Jarek fancied that with his background he would be in a unique circumstance to provide such support. 

With the sun rising on a new day he stood on ground level where he had seen the beast last. He would make it known that he intended to make things better. He would invest his energy into improving the standard of life for all. He would allow those who were not as well off to stand in the light if they wished. He would do his best to support them in their goals without forcing them into change. In his mind he had several different investments that would perhaps also boost the activity within the court. 

“I, Jarek, challenge the leadership of Solterra!” he shouted hoping to catch the ear of the king. He would win this fight, and then he would go on to work actively with the people of Solterra. He would listen to their needs and do his best to make sure their interests were taken care of. 

His mind couldn’t help but think about Phoebe. He would need to find her and inform her of all this. Would she come to Solterra if he was the sovereign?  He didn’t wish to rip her from her world, but the longer they were apart the more he needed her by his side. He needed her presence and her kindness. As moments passed from their meeting he was all the more sure they were fated. That this was truly fate. He hoped that Solis and Vespera would approve their union and that he would see her very soon. He would ensure it. 

He also couldn’t help but think about his father and where he had come from. How one man truly ruling by himself could easily become misguided. Jarek would seek the support of the people of Solterra to ensure that the goals they would work on were mutual. He would not become his father, lest someone else lop off his head too. He would do better for Solterra then what his father ever did. He would work hard and dedicate himself to Solterra. 

He sighed deeply, stretching his neck as he awaited his fate before Solis and the rest of Solterra.

OOC: @Leviathan 
image by:https://giphy.com/Allyouneediswall

Played by Offline Kaiju [PM] Posts: 42 — Threads: 17
Signos: 215
Day Court Merchant
Male [he / him]  |  Immortal [Year 496 Summer]  |  19 hh  |  Hth: 18 — Atk: 22 — Exp: 36  |    Active Magic: Heat Manipulation  |    Bonded: Enyo (Indoraptor)

IT MUST BE LONELY
when you're up there looking down

He hasn't budged , it feels like . Hasn't moved from a stagnant position ever since gaining a crown that was heavy with the sins of the past Sovereigns . Stained red and cold , resting upon his head like the weight of the world . Gaining the leadership of Solterra had done nothing . He had been met with push and pull at every turn , with resistance no matter how hard he waved his olive branch .

Now Leviathan can hear a cry of challenge . The old him would have risen up without hesitance , but now he merely feels the crumble of the last of his resolve . He had wanted to leave anyway , hadn't he ? Wanted to step down , stay down . Belong deep under the ground with the caves and roots that had been his home so many years ago . Perhaps take his family with him , a nice secluded place he would no longer worry about .

Large ears fan forward and he steps with heavy thunder , the peer of yellow eyes over his head as Enyo snorts softly . She's massive , seven feet tall and seven feet long , and she's grown so well under his care .

" You may have it , Jarek . The crown has worn me to my bones with the resistance that came , and I've poured too much of myself into this land with no return . So long as Solterra thrives , then she is yours . " His voice booms as he appears within sight , blinking slowly as he draws such even breaths .

He never thought he would see the day where he wouldn't rise to a challenge . But he is so very tired .

@Jarek

Played by Offline morphi [PM] Posts: 76 — Threads: 14
Signos: 310
Day Court Sovereign
Male [He/his]  |  8 [Year 503 Summer]  |  23 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 15  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

J A R E K
I heard from God today and She sounded just like me
What have I done, and who have I become?
I saw the devil today and he looked a lot like me
I looked away, I turned away

He listened carefully to the booming reply of the other stallion that echoed back towards him. What resistances had he felt? “It seems there is much we could discuss before you leave. I wish to know of your struggles and what resistances you faced. Know that your soul can rest safely here.” His voice was kind and warm. He had expected much resistance, he had expected blood shed. He had felt the movement and the life within the city's walls. This place already felt like home. It  felt like a place where he could become better and do better. He wasn’t entirely sure what his guides would have to say about this decision to pick up leadership of a land. But he was determined to grow into the position. The dry and harsh landscape had drawn him in like a lure. 

He would keep the city safe. He would build Solterra to be more alive than ever. 
“I will take care of Solterra,” he said with determination and conviction. He only hoped that her people would accept him as such.  That Solis would embrace his darkened body and warm his flesh. He would do whatever it would take.

Arms wide open
I stand alone
I'm no hero
And I'm not made of stone

@Leviathan | speaks