Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - That's the Spirit

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline morphi [PM] Posts: 76 — Threads: 14
Signos: 310
Day Court Sovereign
Male [He/his]  |  8 [Year 503 Summer]  |  23 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 15  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Jarek
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here behind the curtain lies a darkness feeding
Pooled inside, in hunger cries, and still it's eating
Everything I had to hide is all on my sleeve
And behind the curtain lies my soul, I’m bleeding
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There had been a few sun rises and sunsets since he had seen the sunset painted mare named Phoebe. His mind had wondered intensely since they had met, feeling the need to place a token to their meeting. It had to be a perfect item, something that represented the woman's unique spirit and something practical. Delicate and decorative gifts were appreciated too, he was sure. But he wanted this to be something else. Something that she would cherish and would improve her quality of life. He would be sending her more soap leaves that would be a minimum. 

He had spent the morning browsing the wares that were available within the Day court markets. The wispy smoke from baking and from incense had tickled his nostrils intensely. He had finally settled on an object both beautiful and practical. It had been difficult to find something suitable. It had to be a high quality to send the right message. He had found a gloriously bright platinum coloured armor, that would reflect the night sky, or the sun across its length. He hoped it would fit the mare snuggly and it would protect all the important parts without restricting her movement too much. He wasn’t sure exactly what the material it was made out of, but it was sturdy and strong. 

He had decided to place packets of the herb for washing within the helmet of the armor for her to discover. The helmet itself had a striking horn from the center of the head piece, it was truly appropriate in his mind for her fiery spirit. The head,neck, chest and back pieces were able to be clipped and fastened together - or removed as desired. He placed all the parts within the parcel, with light purple coloured paper and closed it up tightly.

He had thought about the best way to get the item to her. He thought about going up and giving it to her. But he wanted it to feel more special than that. He wanted her to return from training and find the mysterious package. He knew that when she opened it she would know exactly who had sent it.  It would be perfect. It would show her how much he had been thinking about her since their meeting. 

He needed the best kind of delivery person. Someone less threatening than himself, smaller and nimble.  Immediately the image of Swahili came to mind. Perhaps she would be willing to make the delivery for him. He found himself standing outside the ally wondering if she would be here. Meeting her at the castle seemed less enticing, he didn’t want to draw too much attention to himself at this time, let alone dealing with her controlling father.

OOC: <3 @Swahili

image by:https://giphy.com/Allyouneediswall

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 21 — Threads: 3
Signos: 125
Day Court Entertainer
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  7 [Year 504 Spring]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 14 — Atk: 6 — Exp: 19  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

s w a h i l i

take a drunk girl home
let her sleep all alone
leave her keys on the counter
your number by the phone
pick up her life she threw on the floor

The mare stood in the shadows from the other side of the road, watching the stallion who was standing outside the entrance into the alleyway. The stallion seemed to be watching, waiting for something, and Swahili had the sneaking suspicion that he was awaiting for her. What for, she wouldn't have a clue unless she talked to him . . . which required approaching to him. Sighing, she stepped from the shadows, the warmth of the sun alighting across her chimera pelt, warming the white markings upon her body as she approached him from behind, "Jarek. You wouldn't happen to be looking for me, would you?" The mare asked as she passed by his side, turning around when she was in front of him to lean against the wall on the other side of the alley opening.

She tilted her head as she looked at him in quiet curiosity. She didn't immediately say anything else, instead just watching the stallion that was still widely an unknown to her. The fact he was waiting outside the alley was just as odd - one she wasn't sure what to read into. It was highly unlikely he was awaiting for her to arrive for a romantic entanglement - they certainly didn't know each other well enough for that to be even considered. But what else could he potentially be here for. "Well?" She finally asked, staring him down curiously, "Are you looking for me? And if so why?" She asked with a slight hum to her voice, to simply wait and see what she wanted.

She remained quiet after that moment, simply watching, and waiting to see what this stallion was waiting outside the alley for.

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Jarek
Notes: A little awkward, sorry haha

Lineart © Vizseryn @ DA; Character/Design © Dyzzie

Played by Offline morphi [PM] Posts: 76 — Threads: 14
Signos: 310
Day Court Sovereign
Male [He/his]  |  8 [Year 503 Summer]  |  23 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 15  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Jarek
Here behind the curtain lies a darkness feeding
Pooled inside, in hunger cries, and still it's eating
Everything I had to hide is all on my sleeve
And behind the curtain lies my soul, I’m bleeding

Jarek's ears perked alert in hearing the familiar voice of Swahili, feeling the movement of her moving from behind him and past his side. He hadn’t expected for her to appear when he needed her but he was thankful for it. He had half expected to be standing here waiting for some time and having to find an alternative solution to the situation. 

He smiled warmly to her and replied “As a matter of fact I was looking for you, meeting you at the castle didn’t seem as…comfortable.” with a gentle chuckle he continued on. “You see I have a task of stealth I need assistance with. There is one I care about very deeply in the Dusk court and I wish to surprise her. However you can see how it would be impossible for me to move in such a way undetected. The whole surprise element to me is very important. I want it to be special for them.” he took a deep breath and smiled once more, he was excited for this moment. 

“Their name is Phoebe, they are a dusk court soldier - I want to deliver this package to them in secret.” he said motioning to the parcel that was neatly sealed. “I think you are perhaps the only one I know who would be truely capable of the job.” he said with a kind tone to his voice. He hoped she would accept. He needed this to be special for Phoebe, it was very important.

image by:https://giphy.com/Allyouneediswall