Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Oasis Retreat

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline morphi [PM] Posts: 76 — Threads: 14
Signos: 310
Day Court Sovereign
Male [He/his]  |  8 [Year 503 Summer]  |  23 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 15  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Jarek
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here behind the curtain lies a darkness feeding
Pooled inside, in hunger cries, and still it's eating
Everything I had to hide is all on my sleeve
And behind the curtain lies my soul, I’m bleeding
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Her gentle touch caught his attention. The fluttery feelings in his guts were unfamiliar. It stirred deeper, more than what he could truly understand. He wouldn’t let his mind utter thoughts of fate and of destiny. That was not reasonable. That's not how the world worked. There was no way that it had been crafted in such a manner that they would meet at this time, for the benefit of them both. The prophetical mare had said in fated meetings both parties would feel the touch of it. It seemed that Phoebe was not frightened by his revelations. He felt accepted. 

He had felt so used to previously filtering himself to be more acceptable. In the days of his previous life. Everything had to be proper and in place. How quickly that had fallen to shambles when he had started his journey across the desert, not a single grain of sand had felt truly in place. Now standing in the oasis with Phoebe the world felt somewhat brighter, more hopeful. Each step since meeting the mare Veil nebula had felt clearer and more decisive. 

He would not be possessive of Phoebe, he knew this deep in his bones. But he would not let her slip through his grasp like grains in an hour-glass. As much as he knew fate wasn’t something for him to worry about, he felt this connection with her. It was as though his deepened blackened hide was the absorption of the warmth of the sun itself, and she bathed in the colour of the sunset was his match. Together in their contrast they matched perfectly. She would maybe be the balance he had sought for so long. 

He listened to her story, careful to reserve any judgment as she had done with his. She had killed no one, she had harmed no one. They had harmed her. His irritation rose quickly directed towards her family. “It is foolish to not train each and every soul to defend themselves. Those who desire training should be allowed to have it. Parents who wish to protect their children should train them from a young age. If they desire more that should also be embraced. I can see the fire in your soul Phoebe, there is more to skill than size. It takes all kinds to have a balanced court. I am sure you are quite lithe and fluid in your movement, and if you haven’t mastered that; it will come in time. I can see your potential.” His tone was warm but serious. He felt his own passions on this very topic rising. Now was not the time for a lecture of his personal beliefs about warfare. 

At her last comment he couldn’t help but chuckle. “They would be foolish to not be supportive of you. In a land not dedicated to fighters you are precious.” he smiled warmly. 

When she spoke of both of them being exactly where they needed to be. He sighed softly and reached to gently press his large forehead against her own. This was the same way in which he had been comforted. It felt natural and normal, and he desired this connection with Phoebe. He would be the sun and she would be the sunset. Perhaps this was what fate felt like?

OOC: <3

image by:https://giphy.com/Allyouneediswall

Messages In This Thread
Oasis Retreat - by Jarek - 05-16-2022, 05:11 AM
RE: Oasis Retreat - by Phoebe - 05-17-2022, 09:30 AM
RE: Oasis Retreat - by Jarek - 05-17-2022, 09:54 AM
RE: Oasis Retreat - by Phoebe - 05-17-2022, 11:00 AM
RE: Oasis Retreat - by Jarek - 05-17-2022, 06:57 PM
RE: Oasis Retreat - by Phoebe - 05-17-2022, 09:59 PM
RE: Oasis Retreat - by Jarek - 05-18-2022, 09:31 AM
RE: Oasis Retreat - by Phoebe - 05-18-2022, 07:47 PM
RE: Oasis Retreat - by Jarek - 05-20-2022, 01:26 AM