Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Oasis Retreat

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline morphi [PM] Posts: 76 — Threads: 14
Signos: 310
Day Court Sovereign
Male [He/his]  |  8 [Year 503 Summer]  |  23 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 15  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Jarek
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here behind the curtain lies a darkness feeding
Pooled inside, in hunger cries, and still it's eating
Everything I had to hide is all on my sleeve
And behind the curtain lies my soul, I’m bleeding
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He didn’t move as he could see she had turned slightly from him. In his eyes between warriors there was little need for modesty, but he could understand that not all had been raised in this manner. It wasn’t their genders that was significant, it was their station. Two soldiers relaxing in the oasis, the electricity of the moments between them didn’t change this. He could hear the slight swishes of the water with her movements and scrubbing. 

When she turned back to him in response to his speech he dipped his head slightly, “they are readily available around this oasis, you should take some home with you.” he said, maintaining his soft speech. He was capable of loud bellows and shouting, of deep and hoarse speaking. But it was all unnecessary, he’d rather those he speaks to need to pay attention to the words then get drowned out amongst the loud noises of the world. In this oasis the only sounds were those the horses made and the insects, such projection wasn’t needed. 

She commented that the neatness of hair wouldn’t last. He let another chuckle escape his lips at this thought. “Well, I believe I can assist with that as well” as he took a few steady steps towards her, closing the distance with ease at his natural long strides. “When you combine the hair in a manner that it doesn’t freely fly about it is easier to manage. It often also makes it clear to others that you value a practical appearance, and makes it safer when training.” 

“Let me show you.” he said softly, with telekinesis reaching to pick up strands of her mane. He combed them, pushing some of the water from the strands. He started to work it into a fine plait. Then procuring a band from his collection of things at the water side, he worked the plait into a shape that held it together off her neck. It was rounded in shape and held together well. It would take some time to perform this with her entire mane, but he was convinced to show her the benefits of it. 

As he worked at her hair he listened to her next questions. “Well” he said softly, capturing the next section of her hair with his mind. “It all really begins with my family and my birth.” he stopped for a moment to think of how best to phrase this history. “My father was a foolish man with more wealth than sense. My mother was a spirited creature who down on her luck ended up with my father. I am thankful for her fiery spirit and her bloodline.” The image of his mother was in his mind at this moment, sleek and agile. 

“I was being raised to one-day replace my father. Our tradition supports warriors as leadership, so they would lead a band to war or peace as appropriate. So it was imperative that I was able to fight well to be fit to lead.” He continued to work on her hair as he spoke. He did contemplate for a brief moment if it was worth finishing the story, as this had answered her question. 

The next question answered the one in his mind. “I was, however, not perfect for this role. I was still really a colt when the revolt had begun. My father had been a vile stallion, he was not only incompetant but reprehensible. The people had called for my fathers blood, and I spilled it and ascended the throne. My attempt to fill the space in an already dissatisfied tribe was unsuccessful, and in my youth I made many mistakes resulting in my exile. I had been impulsive, reckless and explosive.” he felt some shame in admitting this, but it was part of who he was. He realized he had yet to really tell anyone on Novus in great detail about his previous life. 

He shifted to begin working on her tail, his rough side brushing against hers briefly. The warmth of her skin was welcome and comforting as he had just revealed part of his demons to her. He began gathering sections of her tail. “There were factors at play that led me to Novus, and we can discuss those if you wish. What experience do you have of gods? Or of men who have been misled by them?” The distraction of working on her hair had made it easier for him to speak freely. He would tell her the rest of it if she showed interest, about the desert devils and his mistakes. He had hoped she wouldn’t judge him too harshly for ending his fathers life. The man had been violent and unruly for some time. He was thankful that he had been given a second chance on Novus.

OOC: <3

image by:https://giphy.com/Allyouneediswall

Messages In This Thread
Oasis Retreat - by Jarek - 05-16-2022, 05:11 AM
RE: Oasis Retreat - by Phoebe - 05-17-2022, 09:30 AM
RE: Oasis Retreat - by Jarek - 05-17-2022, 09:54 AM
RE: Oasis Retreat - by Phoebe - 05-17-2022, 11:00 AM
RE: Oasis Retreat - by Jarek - 05-17-2022, 06:57 PM
RE: Oasis Retreat - by Phoebe - 05-17-2022, 09:59 PM
RE: Oasis Retreat - by Jarek - 05-18-2022, 09:31 AM
RE: Oasis Retreat - by Phoebe - 05-18-2022, 07:47 PM
RE: Oasis Retreat - by Jarek - 05-20-2022, 01:26 AM