Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Oasis Retreat

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Played by Offline morphi [PM] Posts: 76 — Threads: 14
Signos: 310
Day Court Sovereign
Male [He/his]  |  8 [Year 503 Summer]  |  23 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 15  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Jarek
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here behind the curtain lies a darkness feeding
Pooled inside, in hunger cries, and still it's eating
Everything I had to hide is all on my sleeve
And behind the curtain lies my soul, I’m bleeding
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When he awoke this morning he hadn’t thought he would have found himself in this position. Bathing with a beautiful sunset coloured woman, who appeared to be enjoying his company. It was in a way, soothing. In recent times his attractions had found himself into a world of trouble. That was however, indeed due to his misguided belief in the desert devils. His mind had been given a clarity after the visit with the prophetical mare the veil nebula. It was pleasant to simply enjoy the moment with another soul. 

Despite their staggering stature difference there was much they had in common. She clearly cared to better her own abilities in much the same way he did. She was a soldier with a duty, a lifestyle he had always embraced. A lifestyle that was blessed by Solis. Valued and embraced by his new court's priorities. It was a moment that tasted almost too sweet to be true, the ever niggling paranoia tickling at the back of his mind. He pushed this aside almost immediately, he was enjoying himself far too much. 

He felt alive and invigorated. It didn’t matter that they had just met, correct? There was in some nature a primal connection that he could feel. He hoped that this wasn’t his mind once more building something to inappropriate heights of obsession. These grooves that were deeply grinded into his brain from his previous experiences, left him emotionally wounded. Vulnerable to his own over-thinking. 

The buzz of the insects and the splattering of the water was the only sound around them. The spoken word seemed to hang thick in the air, heavy with weight and intention. He was in no rush to make decisions that he could come to regret. He would simply enjoy the moment with Phoebe. “Well, they work quite fast, even when my hair is terribly tangled.” he said with another soft chuckle. 

When he had been a young colt his hair had been wild and unwieldy. The nursemaid's of his fathers court had tied it in tight braids to save the hours of brushing tangles and twigs from his mane and tail. It was a habit that had continued into his adulthood, it was not practical to have hair all over while one was trying to fight. Or well, trying to look rather serious and intimidating. He wondered how it might have been different if he had experienced the ongoing nurturing touch of his mother. 

He stood still, letting the mare broach the distance between them. He didn’t want her to feel pursued or chased. This was a setting to relax and simply be. If something more developed from this meeting in the future, well that would be ok too. 

“Phoebe, I'm glad you chose to train in the sands today.” he said with a smile, his ears perked and his eyes focused on her. Watching her in the water, watching the way it touched her sides. 

OOC: <3

image by:https://giphy.com/Allyouneediswall

Messages In This Thread
Oasis Retreat - by Jarek - 05-16-2022, 05:11 AM
RE: Oasis Retreat - by Phoebe - 05-17-2022, 09:30 AM
RE: Oasis Retreat - by Jarek - 05-17-2022, 09:54 AM
RE: Oasis Retreat - by Phoebe - 05-17-2022, 11:00 AM
RE: Oasis Retreat - by Jarek - 05-17-2022, 06:57 PM
RE: Oasis Retreat - by Phoebe - 05-17-2022, 09:59 PM
RE: Oasis Retreat - by Jarek - 05-18-2022, 09:31 AM
RE: Oasis Retreat - by Phoebe - 05-18-2022, 07:47 PM
RE: Oasis Retreat - by Jarek - 05-20-2022, 01:26 AM