Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Oasis Retreat

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline morphi [PM] Posts: 76 — Threads: 14
Signos: 310
Day Court Sovereign
Male [He/his]  |  8 [Year 503 Summer]  |  23 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 15  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Jarek
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here behind the curtain lies a darkness feeding
Pooled inside, in hunger cries, and still it's eating
Everything I had to hide is all on my sleeve
And behind the curtain lies my soul, I’m bleeding
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He had been standing beneath the waterfall for some time when the serenity was disrupted by a feminine voice. His ears flicked erect, he shifted forwards slightly moving his head from beneath the water. Piercing icey blue eyes opening to examine the situation before him. His instincts switched first to suspicion then relaxing slightly when he saw the form of a much smaller woman. It didn’t mean she was entirely to be trusted, but her manner and her greeting reassured his nerves slightly. 

“Good morning, I am Jarek, a soldier of the day court. You appear to have traveled far, I can see the way the sand is clinging to your skin” he chuckled softly and stepped sideways beneath the waterfall. Not letting his eyes rest on her form for too long. She was muscled and well toned for a mare, but he didn’t want to give the impression that he was being too forward. “Come, cool off, wash off.” he said simply beckoning her to join him beneath the cool water. The waterfall still hit his back, sending dribbles of water cascading down his mineralised hide. He had never met a mare with such markings before, she was unique. Her nervousness endeared her to him more than anything else. He felt his concern almost entirely falling away.

“It is a hard journey here, you have earnt a well deserved rest here in the Oasis.” he added gently, his tones were soft but his voice was gravelly. “You’ll see, the sand slides right off under the water and the cool against your skin will make you feel alot better”. She was beautiful, and lavender hued. He had not expected for someone such as her to find him here. Perhaps it was that even though quite different, her colours reminded him of the mare the Veil nebula. That the way her sweat clung to her form, showed him she had trekked some distance to arrive here. That she was capable of exerting herself. He wondered what her role in her day to day life was. 

There was a way where suffering was a great equalizer. Each man and woman in a similar fashion would find solace within the oasis.  He felt like this place was surely a gift from Solis. He was careful in his mind not to allocate too many thoughts of fate to any one meeting. Or too much of an assumption of what was supposed to happen in life. He had learnt the hard way of what happened when such a rabbit hole was entirely consuming. He had shaken himself free from the devils of his past to find himself in Novus. In this beautiful Oasis, with this divine looking woman before him. The marks upon hermade his mind wonder if she was a creature of the night or a creature of daylight. Surely it meant something that a mare with these markings arrived to meet him in such a location? “What name do you go by traveler?” he asked softly, his ears perked with interest.

OOC: <3

image by:https://giphy.com/Allyouneediswall

Messages In This Thread
Oasis Retreat - by Jarek - 05-16-2022, 05:11 AM
RE: Oasis Retreat - by Phoebe - 05-17-2022, 09:30 AM
RE: Oasis Retreat - by Jarek - 05-17-2022, 09:54 AM
RE: Oasis Retreat - by Phoebe - 05-17-2022, 11:00 AM
RE: Oasis Retreat - by Jarek - 05-17-2022, 06:57 PM
RE: Oasis Retreat - by Phoebe - 05-17-2022, 09:59 PM
RE: Oasis Retreat - by Jarek - 05-18-2022, 09:31 AM
RE: Oasis Retreat - by Phoebe - 05-18-2022, 07:47 PM
RE: Oasis Retreat - by Jarek - 05-20-2022, 01:26 AM