Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Worship  - From Queen to Goddess

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Chaosy [PM] Posts: 77 — Threads: 21
Signos: 35
Dusk Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  11 [Year 500 Spring]  |  17 hh  |  Hth: 12 — Atk: 8 — Exp: 24  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Neema (Maned Wolf)

Uzuri

« Strong of Heart »

Uzuri was still shaken by the events that had passed since she had accepted and been voted to become the second sovereign for her beloved court. The fact that she was now the only one was something terrifying, something she wasnt sure that she was ready for. Even with her bonded telling her she would succeed, those reassurances only seemed to hit her skin. The fears were simmering deeper, something that was terrifying for the mare as she tried to look forward for her court. That was the reason that she was moving as early as she was. In her room in the citadel, Neema was sleeping peacefully.

Traversing the citadel, Uzuri made her way out and into the pre-dawn gloom. It was going to be a warm day, something that she loved. Yet there was a chill in her bones. Spreading her wings, the sovereign leapt into the skies to soar among the clouds. There was an icy chill to the morning, but it felt pleasant against her warm flesh. She had a mission, a place she wanted to go. A few words she needed to say. Well, perhaps more than a few.

The peak was easy to find, her wings carrying her forward as she began to angle toward the earth again. There was something in her that hated the idea of landing in the temple area, something that pushed her to land just down the slope and make the last stretch on her own four hooves. Her eyes found the statue of Vespera, a soft smile gracing her pale lips. Moving toward the statue, she dipped into a bow before the stone.

"Vespera. Goddess of my beloved court. I seek your guidance." She began before righting herself and gazing up at the chiseled face. "My heart has always been yours. It has been too long since I journeyed up the peak to speak with you. So much has changed in the last few years and I feel like I am in a whirlwind." She continued.

"It wasnt that long ago that I was a warrior, a champion. I fought with all I had to help my court and protect those that I loved. Then I became overwhelmed. I left to try to find myself again. And I did. I became a blacksmith and fell in love with the art that it was. I thought I was happy, I was happy... Then Liam came." Her words softened as she spoke, her eyes closing. She found herself pressing her warm flesh to the cool stone and watching as the sunrise colored the clouds.

"He said he hasnt spoken to you. My heart hurt at that knowledge. I would want to be in the favor of my goddess as the leader of my court. That is why I am here. I am certain that you know the events that have taken place. I accepted the role, won the vote... I thought I would have time to learn before being alone as the leader of the court. Now, Liam has stepped down and I have no one to turn to beside you. I find myself so blessed to know that I can turn to you." She murmured softly.

"I dont want to fail. I want to make the court proud, to make you proud. I am going to need help. I need a plan to move forward. While I do not expect your answer, I would love to hear what you think. Few are probably blessed enough to hear your words. I would imagine most simply see the statue and wonder why we care for the gods and goddesses that they represent. But I have loved you my entire life. All I ask is that you somehow direct me. Help me to be the best sovereign for Dusk. Help me to not fail, to not let you down. I dont think I could handle that knowledge." Her words were edged with emotion as she looked up at the statue. Words spent, she stood silently. The stone against her flesh warmed from her own body heat, but a small part of her wondered if it wasnt the goddess trying to reassure her.

"Uzuri"
"Neema"
@
Notes: after Liam's withdrawal from sovereign
Credit: Character by Chaosy, Art by LizzArtStudios