Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Save A Dance For Me

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Scapeh [PM] Posts: 65 — Threads: 8
Signos: 675
Dawn Court Scholar
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  8 [Year 502 Fall]  |  16 hh  |  Hth: 16 — Atk: 4 — Exp: 20  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

TORIELLE

It's only me who wants to wrap around your dreams

Torielle had lost track of time. After she had broken from Veil to speak with Jarek everything had gone so askew. When she had needed the star most she had been walking away. The mare knew that it had to have been for a good reason, but the sinking that had swallowed her gut had been undeniable. It had only been the swift intervention of Vreis that had saved her. Even that, though, had been strange. She couldn’t quite place why she had felt so safe with him, but perhaps it was just her panic. He had been so kind to her, offering to protect her from Jarek interfering further. She was still holding onto the tome that he had bound for her, the veil he had made thrown across her shoulders. Though the fabric was feather-light, it weighed heavy on her. The scholar did not know what to do with these unexpected gifts, and the polite part of her said that she should just keep them, if hidden away so she need not look at them until she settled her feelings on the matter. 

Vreis had whisked her away to a hidden tent, cozy and comfortable and they had exchanged stories. She couldn’t help that now that she was away from the stag that he may have held his own motivations for spiriting her away from the crowds that surrounded Jarek. The mare shook her head as she walked, trying to clear the nonsense from her mind. Surely he couldn’t have been taking advantage of her. Though he had used up much of her time in the name of being sure that she would not encounter the obsidian encrusted brute again. 

The stalls were closing, the denizens of each court settling to their respective places as the bonfire in the distance started to burn low and slow. The moon shone high overhead now, bathing everything in a faint blue glow. Firebugs floated between the tents, as if guiding the mare back to the start of this whole venture. She just hoped she was not too late. 

Torielle had promised Veil a dance, and she was going to be sure that she had one, even if it was the last of the evening. The scholar broke from the line of merchant stalls into the open space set aside for the festivities, seeing only a handful of souls still lingering, most of them couplings, holding each other close as the musicians played soft melodies for them to sway to. The doe scanned the area, hoping to spy the starwoman first. Hopefully she’d not been waiting too long. The woman’s gut twisted at the idea of potentially having stood up her friend. 

Their day had already been so eventful, what with the shopping trip earlier that morning. Torielle’s heart lurched, remembering the flirtatious interaction, and how her mind and actions had wandered far beyond friendship. And yet, Veil still wanted to dance with her. After they’d had some time away for the afternoon, to eat and mingle with others, things had settled and, for Torielle at least, felt like they had gone back to normal. No strange tensions or desires bubbling just underneath the surface. Would Veil have changed her mind? Would she have seen all these pairings and decided that she could not dance with the antlered woman in such a way. The dappled mare wouldn’t have been able to blame her, of course. Perhaps the friend of hers had seen their earlier encounters and wanted to speak with Veil to tell her all the things that they had seen in Torielle’s eyes. What the meanings were behind her words, her actions, how obvious it was to those around her. 

As those thoughts of doubt crept in, the hope of seeing the star before the festival concluded for the evening started to dissipate. She had probably thought Torielle had wandered off with Jarek or else some other person and would not be returning. How foolish of her to have wandered so far with Vreis. To allow herself to lose track of time. How would she make it up to the star if she broke her promises? True, it was only for a dance, but if she could not keep up simple bargains, how could she be trusted with more severe ones? Torielle’s blue pools scanned the faces of those present, both dancers and observers alike, hoping to see the woman, but steeling herself for the very real possibility that Veil was no longer there, and she had missed her opportunity. 

"Speech." | @Veil Nebula 

art by the-day-of-shadow character by scapeh table by sunny

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 103 — Threads: 12
Signos: 125
Vagabond Monk
Female [She/Her/They/Theirs]  |  8 [Year 503 Summer]  |  15.1 hh  |  Hth: 46 — Atk: 14 — Exp: 69  |    Active Magic: Stellar Divination  |    Bonded: N/A

V e i l N e b u l a
Visions of your pretty face send me into hyper space
Caught up in a palentary world
The dusk had long settled into night, and there was small flutters of energy from within the star in her chest. Energy that sizzled and fluxed with her worries, her emotions, her fears. Torielle had been missing for so long now, and while the stars, the cosmos themselves promised the wayward doe was alright; Veil wouldn't trust it until she saw her with her own eyes. But, as the hours passed, as couples flitted away for night's embrace; and still she felt herself held still, waiting, worrying, wondering.

What if Torielle had gone off elsewhere. What if she wasn't coming back. What if she forgot. The clenching in her chest was unfamiiliar, as if her star had skipped a reaction sequence, as if it has sputtered, as if it had lost a degree of brightness. No, surely not. Torielle promised her a dance. Torielle . . . promised. And so Veil stayed as the number of couples dwindled until only the few remained, and Veil herself leaned against the side of a tent, practically blending into the night. Sister, sister. The whispers had the star looking up slowly.

As if guided by some unseen force, her gaze immediately landed upon the hesitant doe looking over the faces. The slowly sputtering star suddenly amped up, and the previously slow dwindle of only the minimal of star dust shedding was suddenly flushing out as her star went on hyper drive. She didn't pause to see if Torielle would see her. She didn't hesitate to see if perhaps Torielle was looking for someone else. Her wings unfolded, hooves pushing off and she covered the distance of the entire clearing through the air, to avoid weaving through the bodies that would take longer, that would keep her from Tori.

She didn't hesitate, hooves touching down, and already sending her into a trot that saw her crushing her still chest against that of Torielle, her head sneaking around the other mare's neck, clinging to her tightly, You gave me such a fright! I had the entire universe keeping an eye out for you, to make sure you were alright! The star gushed, finally stepping back. Her rose-hued gaze searched the blue of the antlered mare, before she brushed her muzzle against Torielle's, the movement seeing her soon having her cheek pressed to the other mare, puffing a breath of air, and reassuring herself Torielle was safe, she was fine, letting her scent soothe her.

It took seconds before Veil flinched, back, wrinkling her nose, You smell more of just Jarek, The star whispered in confusion, giving away the fact was clearly aware of the stallion who had caused the problem prior to this moment, The stars do not like him, by the way. Mars frowns upon him in contemplation. The star added, almost thoughtfully before burying her muzzle with out hesitation into Torielle's mane, where the scent was only Tori's, no mysterious stranger, Who hid you from me? She finally asked, The stars assured me of your safety, but they would not tell me where you were, and you smell of another. It wasn't a casual question, there was a certain touch of emotion to her voice, a green goblin rising up from her belly, the sharp sting of jealousy.

But Tori's scent had a way of soothing that monster and slowly the star's muscles untensed, her wings settling more neatly and she finally was able to take a step away, her gaze only then moving to the source of Jarek's scent on her Torielle. She didn't hesitate, her muzzle trailing down Torielle's neck, and plucking the ivory fabric from the other mare's shoulders. It was followed with the peculiar book being removed and both set off the side, not too nicely, but far enough away and with a distinct air of disapproval, I do not care for his scent on you. The star frowns as she says it, It makes my stomach hurt, and I do not understand why. But it's wrong, not right. More wrong that he felt when I originally spoke to him and asked where you were and if he'd done something to you. He was better after we spoke, but the Universe still watches him closely, but it doesn't explain why my stomach twists like this. 

She glanced over her shoulder, frowning still as she looked at Torielle, the bells and crystals tied into her mane chiming with her movements, the sway of fabric on her hip having been long familiar, after spending so much time meandering about. She looked every part the sort to stand beside the veiled and chiming doe. And now that the doe was here that frown softened, and she trotted back to Torielle's side, nipping gently at a strand of those locks that shimmered so temptingly beneath that veil, You promised me a dance, will you dance with me Torielle? She finally asked, a spark in those pretty pink eyes, and an almost shy smile on her muzzle. No Jarek to pull you from me, no Jane to pull me from you. Just you. and me. Dance with me. Because she needed her scent back on Torielle's pelt. She needed to touch her, to know she's alright, she's safe, she's happy.

She really just needed Torielle right now. Dance with me. She repeated, letting go of that strand of hair, twirling towards the fire, star dust wafting, refracting the light around her, lighting up her pelt like a sunset among the stars. She playfully bowed, a smile on her muzzle; and her heart in her eyes, Dance with me.

FROM THE MOUTH
INSIDE THE MIND
@Torielle 
Notes:: She's in a state haha
Breathin' in you give me air, I'm living on your solar flare
Could you be my super nova girl?

Artist Credit to Sephinta

Dawn Court Scholar
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  8 [Year 502 Fall]  |  16 hh  |  Hth: 16 — Atk: 4 — Exp: 20  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

TORIELLE

It's only me who wants to wrap around your dreams

A shooting star fell from the sky and crashed into her. The mare barely had time to register the galaxy coat that swiftly made its way towards her before suddenly they were chest to chest and she was being embraced by the star, a heavy sigh to her words, anxiety cutting through each word as she spoke them. 

Guilt hit Torielle in the gut like a freight train, and she held the woman close. “I’m sorry. So sorry,” she whispered, trying to reign in the spiral of emotions she felt brewing in her stomach. 

Within a moment Veil stepped back, seeming to have satisfied herself for the time being with Tori’s safety. The motion was so smooth that it sent the antlered woman’s head spinning. One moment she was sure that she had missed her opportunity, that she had broken her promise, and the next she was being held close by the star, fretting over her wellbeing. She barely had the time to breathe before the cosmos threw her another curveball. 

For the briefest of moments their velveteen maws brushed against each other, and if lightning could strike twice, it had well and truly done so already. With so much as a blink that touch trailed to the scholar’s cheek as the monk steadied herself. Torielle only just begun to process the moment when Veil reeled back in disdain, her nares wrinkling. 

She spoke about her distaste for Jarek, how the stars and planets themselves did not speak well of him. Her words came tumbling out before the doe could properly respond, the star breaking only for a moment to dive into the woman’s auburn mane, nuzzling her there for a moment before pulling away again to ask questions that sounded less like questions and more like accusations. 

Torielle went rigid, certain that if she tried to do too many things at once she would collapse into the star woman before her and all the thoughts that had clouded her mind earlier in the day would come to full fruition. Her mind was whirring, trying to piece together what Veil was doing with what she was saying. Though they had always been friendly, she had never touched this much before, nor in this way. 

“Ah..” the mare started, trying to pick out one thing to focus on. Though it had perhaps only been a minute or two since the star had crashed into her, so many things had transpired that sent Tori’s head spinning. 

“Vreis,” she settled on. “He… saw me speaking with Jarek, and when I stepped away decided to intervene so that he might not trouble me again. I lost track of time and… and…” Her words trailed off as Veil found the gifts from the brutish stallion and unceremoniously removed them from her person. 

As the galaxy woman spoke, a few things fell into place for the scholar. The way that Veil had, moved, the way she had spoken and then as she explained her thoughts and emotions suddenly started to make sense. Torielle recognized those things, as she had felt them the same way, just as sharply as the first day she had known what jealousy could be. Even if Veil did not have the words for it yet, exactly, there was some part of her that did not like to see the doe with someone else. At the very least, she did not like to see her with Jarek or another stallion. 

The wild birds that had roosted within the woman’s chest that morning came back with bright song as her heart thrummed against her ribs. She couldn’t help it, a bright smile and a laugh escaped her lips. It was all so clear now. Those touches and awkward conversations from that morning’s shopping trip had not entirely been in her own head. It was validating, in a way, though the mare knew that she would need to speak with Veil more properly. Just in case it was not jealousy, but a protective friend who knew that the stallions she had been associating with were no good for her. 

Veil took a lock of auburn hair, playing with the scholar as she teased Torielle with her own promises. As the star twirled away, all chimes and crystals and twilight, the musicians transitioned to a slow melody. The last few denizens of the courts gathered around the fading firelight held each other close. 

The mare smiled, her fears, while still resting in her gut, had shrunk to the size of a pebble- forgettable. She could, just for one dance, stop worrying about all the what ifs, and who saw, and if she was wrong or right. All that speculation could be done another time. After all, she had so many years ahead of her, so many future nights where she could pick apart every word and every caress. For now, she could enjoy the simple act of participating in a dance. 

The doe bowed her head, bells twinkling and catching the warmth of the bonfire in their worn silver.  “Of course,” she said, lifting deep blue pools to stunning rose. “Of course I will dance with you, Veil Nebula.” 

"Speech." | @Veil Nebula

art by the-day-of-shadow character by scapeh table by sunny

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 103 — Threads: 12
Signos: 125
Vagabond Monk
Female [She/Her/They/Theirs]  |  8 [Year 503 Summer]  |  15.1 hh  |  Hth: 46 — Atk: 14 — Exp: 69  |    Active Magic: Stellar Divination  |    Bonded: N/A

visions of your pretty face send me into hyper space
caught up in a planetary world
It was like the air had rushed back into the area as the vision before her seemed to come before her eyes - and it hadn't taken her long to go racing in the direction of Torielle, once she had arrived, embracing the antlered mare with all her worth. The whispered apologies drew a shark shake of her head. Hush, there is no need to apologize, it is fine. The star assures gently, even as she makes sure that Tori is safe, is alright, nothing is wrong. It didn't fix the fact that she didn't like Torielle smelling of Jarek, the odd items she held now, gifts from the odd stallion that the universe did not like.

And so she burries her muzzle into that soft wave, the scent of Tori being just her own scent, a promise that everything was truly alright, Tori was really alright. The warmth that blossomed in her chest. The feeling of that heat swirling like the chaotic energy of a star deep in her belly. Wanting to pull Tori into her own gravitational pull and never let her go. She, Torielle, speaks a new name - Vreis, commenting on how another had seen her speaking with Jarek, offered his intervention so Jarek would not trouble her again. That must have been the point of when Jarek had spoken of her leaving.

When she had been tangled up in fixing the relationship with her earthly sister, when she had abandoned Torielle, someone else had come to assist her. But then Toriele was smiling, laughing and Veil found herself relaxing at that sound, that one sound seeming to promise her that everything truly would be okay. Truly, it was only at that point that she truly felt that she can enjoy the time, enjoy the dance Torielle had promised her. And so she spun toward the last individuals who determination to close out the night with final dances inspired her forward.

Torielle followed her, bells twinkling in response to Veil's own decoration for this event. And Veil smiled beautifully, meeting those blue eyes that soothed her soul easier than any whispered words of the stars. You certainly owe me as much. She teased, even as she stepped back towards her best friend, her favorite individual on this planet. Brushing up close Torielle, she found herself falling into the steps, mirror the dancing of those around them, encouraging Torielle to follow suit, her smile never ending, her heart settled, and for this moment; she could forget about Jarek, about Vreis, about everyone around them. And she could just enjoy her time with Torielle.

“Talk.”
(Alternate color for thoughts).

@Torielle
breathin’ in you give me air, I’m living on your solar flare
could you be my super nova girl?
x | x

Dawn Court Scholar

A soft chuckle bubbled up from the mare’s lips. “I think I owe you a lot more than that,” she spoke softly, her expression gentle. The sway of the music meant that those still gathered around the smoldering bonfire were predominantly lovers, sparsely dotting the temporary cobblestone for the festival. Neither women seemed to mind, though, the whisper of silks passing between them and the delicate chime of bells and crystals as they circled each other. 

Elegant swirls of galaxy wafted from Veil’s figure and settled around Torielle’s pistons, and at a distance it would appear as though they were not dancing  upon the earth, but upon clouds of stardust. The bells wound between the woman’s antlers caught the moonlight, reflecting against their pelts like shimmering stars as they chimed with each step.  

“But a dance to start, certainly.” The dappled scholar watched the starwoman from beneath her lashes, the way the trinkets woven into her mane sparkled, the curve of her neck from where the braids she had placed there lifted her deep twilight locks. The way the veil draped across her hips and cascaded down her tail like a blanket of stars from which she was made. 

As the two mares continued to slowly circle each other in their dance, the doe moved in closer, dipping her tiara carefully to brush her muzzle against the monk’s dished cheek. “This is the best dance I’ve had in a long time,” she mused softly, staying close as long as Veil would allow her to. Her heart trilled in her chest, threatening to burst.

“Talk.” | @Veil Nebula
You’re the poet in my heart; Never change, never stop
x | x