Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Never too Late

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline morphi [PM] Posts: 76 — Threads: 14
Signos: 310
Day Court Sovereign
Male [He/his]  |  8 [Year 503 Summer]  |  23 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 15  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Jarek
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here behind the curtain lies a darkness feeding
Pooled inside, in hunger cries, and still it's eating
Everything I had to hide is all on my sleeve
And behind the curtain lies my soul, I’m bleeding
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sunshine continued to lay its rays upon his flesh, in a way stroking his weary soul. He had traveled so far to find out that his previous experiences had been shambles sold by false prophets. That in his naivety he had begun to preach the same messages. “In hindsight I can see how close to destruction I stood, even now without as much time passed. How close I could have come to poisoning this place with falsehoods. This experience allows some insight into the challenges of accepting what is “normal” and how blind we can all be to what is plainly in front of us. Balance is something I must learn” He was speaking to Veil, but he was also speaking to his own soul. Seeking some element of silver lining to it all. 

He knew that the warmth above didn’t mean that Solis chose him. Veil's words only further solidified this in his mind. In truth it showed that even without divine intervention there were experiences to enjoy. The warmth beating down on his back was enough to know that there was hope. If Veil had taught him anything at all, it was that paths were not locked in stone, that he had choices and he could make changes. 

He would live his life and make the best choices he could. Taking into account what he wished for in the future and what had already occurred in his past. Knowing exactly what he wanted for his future was still something he found difficult to grasp. The grains of sands of his desires, simply slipped by each other. It would take some time before they would mound themselves together into something significant. 

His mind meandered back to her apology. She was after all just like any other creature beyond the fact that she had a heart for a star. Or was it that she said she was a star? The details themselves he had struggled to grasp. “Do you ever miss the sky?” he asked in a soft graveled voice. “Were the gods, you know up there?” he contemplated shifting his head to the side. 

He stopped for a moment his mind contemplating the vastness of the world they had come to inhabit. What were the chances of their meeting? Nothing was fate, but that just made the special things that happened all the more important. What were the chances of Veil being in this exact moment to stop his crash and burning trajectory. “If there is something in the sky above, is there anything below the surface of the earth?” he asked, keeping his voice hushed in the sacred place.

@Veil Nebula

image by:https://giphy.com/Allyouneediswall

Messages In This Thread
Never too Late - by Jarek - 04-15-2022, 12:21 AM
RE: Never too Late - by Veil Nebula - 04-25-2022, 12:44 AM
RE: Never too Late - by Jarek - 04-25-2022, 05:08 AM
RE: Never too Late - by Veil Nebula - 04-28-2022, 07:07 PM
RE: Never too Late - by Jarek - 05-01-2022, 11:34 AM
RE: Never too Late - by Veil Nebula - 05-18-2022, 12:42 PM
RE: Never too Late - by Jarek - 05-19-2022, 09:54 AM
RE: Never too Late - by Veil Nebula - 06-05-2022, 07:02 PM
RE: Never too Late - by Jarek - 06-18-2022, 05:58 PM