Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Never too Late

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 103 — Threads: 12
Signos: 125
Vagabond Monk
Female [She/Her/They/Theirs]  |  8 [Year 503 Summer]  |  15.1 hh  |  Hth: 46 — Atk: 14 — Exp: 69  |    Active Magic: Stellar Divination  |    Bonded: N/A

visions of your pretty face send me into hyper space
caught up in a planetary world
Progress seems to be continued in her efforts to see him become something that mars doesn't watch closely for war to break out. To see the universe not glare upon him. But progress is never easy. It is never simple. It is never with out fear of the changes - which is why she doesn't just turn away from him. Giving him someone to support his progress to change would be detrimental in his ability to change, and keep changing. So she offered stories of her own Patron: Tempus, and his children who helped guide his desired flow of time. She made sure to offer all the advice she could, to help him see aspects that could aide in his future becoming successful, become something he could be proud of. Let him see the wrongs in his way so He would not aim to possess women, or at least, not her Torielle who was far to wild to be possessed and held in containment.

And she was seeing such progress coming to successful terms as he commented on his desire to not impose his will on others, that he now has control of his choices, and to not bother himself with fate. He comments of simply being worried of Torielle due to Veil's own concern. She does offer a gentle smile, and dips her head in soft understanding, Please do forgive my concern for my friend's well being. I've made very few friends that I am as close to as I am to Torielle, or to my earthly sister; Jane, and I find myself rather protective of the both." She apologizes, before tilitng her head when he spoke of coming to the temple to do better, to learn about the gods here. Find a place to give up the shreds of his past, and suddenly Veil finds herself frowning.

Jarek, of the deserts. Her voice isn't necessarily firm, but rather soft to gain his attention, Please, do not think me as being back-and-forth in my guidance; but understand . . . leaving your past, giving up everything that connects you to it is never a good idea. Our pasts shape who we are, and it is that shape that we must grow from. While it is certainly a good idea to not live by those distinctions, you should not turn your way from it completely, because it has made you who you are, and it is important to recognize the affects it will have on you. I, for example; will always be a star first. I may act mortal, I may eat of the fruit from this planet, but my chest holds a star, not a heart. And my history as a star guides my life still. I may no longer aim to return to the skies, having stopped living by those aspects of my former life; but it's imprint remains on my soul. I still fear darkness with no light. I still feel the most comfortable beneath the stars. Because those aspects of my life remain.

You want to learn from your past, not give up every last bit of it - or you will stop learning from it. Your past will still guide your decisions - it always will. It's using it to guide you to make the right decision that is most important.
The Star explained, before moving to press her forehead to his, her next steps of instructions being gentler, meant more to ground him, to help himf idn a comfort and acceptance in the place despite his anxiety running rampant. He breaths on her instruction, and she smiles, stepping back as he seems to relax his muscles, feeling the warmth of the sun above despite the altitude. As she waits for him to open his eye, she smiles softly, The world works in balance to the gods, but this land is their most sacred. When we ignore what we see around her, we can begin to feel their power in this place. But do be careful to not mistake it for the God or Goddess's direct touch. They have many duties, they leave their emblems to touch our daily lives. The warmth of the sun. The light of the dawn. The beauty of the dusk, the peacefulness of night. Those are some of their daily gifts to us. Be careful to not fall victim to the assumption the Gods will be right beside you, or always embracing you - for the Gods are busy themselves, and falling victim to such beliefs can leave you struggling when you try to turn to them to realize they are not there in that moment. They may be always watching, but they will not be always present, for they have many children to look out for, and it's our duty to love them regardless to how often they walk among us.

She felt that need to quickly make sure he didn't fall into the assumptions that any of the gods had chosen to walk with him, to gentle the thought that he could potentially be 'chosen' or chosen, or that the warmth of the sun was an actual embrace; least he assume more of the Gods then what she had noticed they had given. He fell too deeply into the demons of his past -- his gods who he felt led him into such a dark path. She didn't want him putting those same thoughts into the assumptions of one of the Gods of Novus. She heavily believed not all of those aspects, those whispers he spoke of coming from the Gods of his Homelands where actually from those gods. How many of them where the whispers of the way he was raised, that he just automatically believed in. No, she wanted him to develop the relationship with the Gods of Novus slowly, correctly. Rather than trading one God he's assigning values to that led to his own destruction; all onto a new god.

She wanted to see him prosper, not repeat his fall.

“Talk.”
(Alternate color for thoughts).

@Jarek
breathin’ in you give me air, I’m living on your solar flare
could you be my super nova girl?
x | x

Messages In This Thread
Never too Late - by Jarek - 04-15-2022, 12:21 AM
RE: Never too Late - by Veil Nebula - 04-25-2022, 12:44 AM
RE: Never too Late - by Jarek - 04-25-2022, 05:08 AM
RE: Never too Late - by Veil Nebula - 04-28-2022, 07:07 PM
RE: Never too Late - by Jarek - 05-01-2022, 11:34 AM