Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Never too Late

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline morphi [PM] Posts: 76 — Threads: 14
Signos: 310
Day Court Sovereign
Male [He/his]  |  8 [Year 503 Summer]  |  23 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 15  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Jarek
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here behind the curtain lies a darkness feeding
Pooled inside, in hunger cries, and still it's eating
Everything I had to hide is all on my sleeve
And behind the curtain lies my soul, I’m bleeding
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The frigid embrace of the cold air even in the warmth of summer felt like magic in itself. It was unnatural and unnerving, why should a place such as this break the cycle of what was natural? He could only fathom that it had something to do with the elevation of the temple. Perhaps whoever resided here preferred it that way. It wouldn’t have been his first choice for a temple. 

As he saw who was waiting for him within the temple he couldn’t say he was surprised. It seemed like he was blessed this day with perhaps finding the one other creature that understood his plight in full. That she would be here when he happened to seek out the temple was a blessing for sure. “Good morning, The Veil Nebula” he said, feeling as though some weight of the mystery of the place had been lifted. At least a familiar face was waiting for him, at least he wouldn’t be alone. 

He stood still as she approached him, taking slow calm breaths. Doing his best to not let anxiety build within. He could feel safe with Veil here right? He could relax, surely she wouldn’t let any harm come to him. His world turning to a complete shambles had made him mistrustful of those who had not proven themselves to be loyal. He felt as though he was standing in a place that wasn’t for him, the cold biting into his skin seemed to agree. 

He stopped for a moment to consider her question. “ I have rid myself of them while awake, they haunt my dreams. Threatening me, threatening to come after those who I have felt a connection with on Novus. I see them reach for Torielle and yourself in my dreams, as ghastly black tarred limbs. I have been very worried since the festival, I do hope you found Torielle and that she is ok. I am relieved to see that you too are ok. I suspect it’s remnants of the devils trying to further threaten me. It is only once the sun is up and the warmth of the morning wakes me, that they go away again. I won’t let them take me again.” He felt his speech was pressured and his anxiety rising. He looked around nervously in the temple. “Is it ok to talk about this here?” he questioned as softly as he could with a graveled voice.

@Veil Nebula

image by:https://giphy.com/Allyouneediswall

Messages In This Thread
Never too Late - by Jarek - 04-15-2022, 12:21 AM
RE: Never too Late - by Veil Nebula - 04-25-2022, 12:44 AM
RE: Never too Late - by Jarek - 04-25-2022, 05:08 AM
RE: Never too Late - by Veil Nebula - 04-28-2022, 07:07 PM
RE: Never too Late - by Jarek - 05-01-2022, 11:34 AM
RE: Never too Late - by Veil Nebula - 05-18-2022, 12:42 PM
RE: Never too Late - by Jarek - 05-19-2022, 09:54 AM
RE: Never too Late - by Veil Nebula - 06-05-2022, 07:02 PM
RE: Never too Late - by Jarek - 06-18-2022, 05:58 PM