Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Never too Late

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 103 — Threads: 12
Signos: 125
Vagabond Monk
Female [She/Her/They/Theirs]  |  8 [Year 503 Summer]  |  15.1 hh  |  Hth: 46 — Atk: 14 — Exp: 69  |    Active Magic: Stellar Divination  |    Bonded: N/A

V e i l N e b u l a
Visions of your pretty face send me into hyper space
Caught up in a palentary world
There were few places in Novus that filled Veil with the sense of Home. The first was anywhere with Torielle. Something about the mare settled her nerves and just made her feel warm, and fuzzy -- and well, wonderful. The other was this very mountain top, among the temples, and before the gods. Perhaps it was the subtle power in the air, the hum that remained behind in a place of power and worship. Perhaps it was the sense of something more than mortal that made her feel of home among the stars, more like who she was, who she had been, who she suspected she would be once more.

The star, no matter the way she found it - she felt it - this land, these temples, this peak sung to her far more lovely than she could ever begin to describe, and it wasn't uncommon to find her lost in prayer and worship when not beside Torielle. Even now, her limbs were tucked beneath her, the galaxies wafting off her pelt and mane seemed to shimmer like a blanket around her, as her head was bowed before Tempus, as if he had frozen time with her in that state. Unmoving, unbothered. That is until her ears flinched in surprise at the sound of hoof steps approaching.

The stars were instantly whispering to her, her own magic associating their whispers with images, feelings, cluing her in on the approaching individual even before he had entered the building. She doesn't open her eyes, nor move from her pose, but she does speak, Jarek, of the deserts. I see you have found the temples of Veneror Peak. Only then does the star open her eyes, turning her head towards him as he enters. She stands her hooves slowly, her head tilted to the side, appearing far plainer than the first time he had met her. The fancy garb of the festival had been removed, dressing her in simply the dust of her nebula, Welcome to Tempus's sacred domain. She adds, her gaze turning back to the effigy with an obvious fondness for her preferred and chosen patron. As a Vagabond, she wasn't pulled towards any one deity - and worshiped them all equally - but it was Tempus she was drawn to, it was in him she paid homage.

Her gaze returns to the stallion, a celestial form in front of the statue, as if she herself were a goddess among her peers. Torielle had joked about her being such before. The star offered a polite smile, but the rose tinted orbs, with galaxies trapped in their depths, stared forward; as if judging him by his decision to come here. It was surely the first move in the right direction, or so she hoped. And so the star approached him with measured steps, her wings tucked loosely at her side, her steps smooth, as if walking on air, And have you been well, are your demons no longer controlling your actions?" There was true concern there. But for who remained open for interpretation. For the stallion who had been following a life of deception by those he trusted. For her best friend he foolishly thought he could own. For both? It usually did come back to Torielle for her, of course - but Veil was an emotional being - and her concern for the stallion certainly held true . . . she knew what it was like chasing for home and being held back. She was merely held back my gravity - he had been held back by monsters shaping his mind.

Hopefully his arrival here was proof they held less control now.

FROM THE MOUTH
INSIDE THE MIND
@Jarek
Notes:: <3
Breathin' in you give me air, I'm living on your solar flare
Could you be my super nova girl?

Artist Credit to Sephinta

Messages In This Thread
Never too Late - by Jarek - 04-15-2022, 12:21 AM
RE: Never too Late - by Veil Nebula - 04-25-2022, 12:44 AM
RE: Never too Late - by Jarek - 04-25-2022, 05:08 AM
RE: Never too Late - by Veil Nebula - 04-28-2022, 07:07 PM