Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Passing through; on a memory

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline morphi [PM] Posts: 76 — Threads: 14
Signos: 310
Day Court Sovereign
Male [He/his]  |  8 [Year 503 Summer]  |  23 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 15  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Jarek
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here behind the curtain lies a darkness feeding
Pooled inside, in hunger cries, and still it's eating
Everything I had to hide is all on my sleeve
And behind the curtain lies my soul, I’m bleeding
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He listened to her carefully and watched how she seemed to be somewhere else in the moment as she spoke. He dared not make the assumption about exactly who she was talking about, but the nature of her speech gave him some hints. Either way this wasn’t an identity she seemed eager to take ownership of in discussion with him. Jarek knew Caelum superficially and it was understandable that she was not ready to reveal every secret in its most raw state. He dared not push her, but he longed to encourage her to embrace the sunshine of summer. It takes light to cast a shadow, there is always hope. 

An electric shock of panic slid up his spine to her reaction, once more he had made a mistake. He stepped back giving her space, he dropped his head slightly and apoligised; “Please forgive me Caelum the fault is mine.'' His voice was sincere in its tone. Even with the best intentions he had made her uncomfortable. He would make note of this interaction, tucking the piece of knowledge of social interaction away in his brain. He had no intention of possessing or taking control of Caelum. This was not like before, this was different. So he told himself. 

He had merely felt a sincere appreciation and wished to share that connection with her. But he had been wrong to assume that she would feel this mutually. He struggled to say anything else, as though it would somehow make things worse. Others had touched her without kindness, this made his stomach sink. “I will never touch you without a kind intent, and I will never touch you without your permission. I promise.” he felt like this wasn’t enough, but that the pledge made sense to him. He had no assurance that she would believe him however. 

As I mentioned before I am going to go to Solttera and see if there is a place for me. Should you ever see your queen and she wishes to warm herself in the summer’s warmth, I shall be there. Thanks to your guidance I may actually get there without being consumed by the desert itself.” he said with a soft chuckle. The danger of the sands of the desert was not something to scoff at, the sands would consume any creature given the chance. “Do you have any other plans for today?” he inquired softly his icy blue eyes focused on her with warm interest.

image by:https://giphy.com/Allyouneediswall

Messages In This Thread
Passing through; on a memory - by Caelum - 04-14-2022, 08:44 PM
RE: Passing through; on a memory - by Jarek - 04-14-2022, 11:40 PM
RE: Passing through; on a memory - by Caelum - 04-18-2022, 11:50 PM
RE: Passing through; on a memory - by Jarek - 04-19-2022, 06:40 AM
RE: Passing through; on a memory - by Caelum - 04-25-2022, 01:18 AM
RE: Passing through; on a memory - by Jarek - 04-25-2022, 04:52 AM
RE: Passing through; on a memory - by Caelum - 04-26-2022, 12:47 PM
RE: Passing through; on a memory - by Jarek - 04-27-2022, 04:10 AM
RE: Passing through; on a memory - by Caelum - 04-28-2022, 07:36 PM
RE: Passing through; on a memory - by Jarek - 05-01-2022, 10:52 AM