Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Passing through; on a memory

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Thread Modes

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 132 — Threads: 23
Signos: 6,637
Night Court Medic
Female [She/Her/Hers/We]  |  Immortal [Year 497 Spring]  |  15 hh  |  Hth: 32 — Atk: 28 — Exp: 70  |    Active Magic: Breath of Life  |    Bonded: Tiana (Soul-Spirit)

The fae had been doing well in the conversation, speaking casually, explaining histories, at least until he had reached out to her, and she'd been startled into movement. At his apology, however, the fae dipped her head, "No harm done, you had not been aware of my aversion, and I know it is uncommon for someone to be against actual physical contact - particularly we horses. We tend to be herd animals for a reason." The mare reassured with a quiet, if not awkward smile.

The fae would soon relax once more at his assurance, and she smiled gratefully, "I have no doubt in your words, unfortunately our pasts can alter our perspective and reactions - and my own tends to make kind intent in a touch the last thing I expect. But thank you, truly, for the assurances of not attempting to touch me with out permission. Your respect on the matter is greatly appreciated, too many would have attempted to argue the fact first." the ivory maned mare responded gently.

She tilted her head in surprise at the thought of him going to Solterra, a touch of a frown upon her muzzle, at the thought of even she warming herself in the warmth of summer. "I imagine my queen will rarely be with out Summer. If her magic has not set in yet, it someday will - in which she will be the absolute embodiment of the season, as her father had been before her. But if I ever am to see her, I shall suggest it." She snorts in amusement at the idea of him being able to get to the location of the Day Court without losing himself into the desert only thanks to her, "I imagine you would have been able to locate the Court eventually, there is no need to thank me, please. I assure you." She would need to get this man a book on 'what not to say to a faery.' Honestly, offering her gratitude, did he intend to make himself indebted to her? Apologizing first, and now thanking her.

He was lucky she was the forgiving type, and not the sort to take advantage of someone's lack of attention to their own manner of speech. He then questions her own plans for the day, and the fae smiles with a shake of her head that sends flower petals into the air as those locks dance in the movement, "Ah, not particularly, actually. I have merely sought some time explore some of the various locations within Novus. And yourself, Jarek?" She asked with a light, and curious laugh, wondering why he'd inquired. Perhaps he needed assistance with the location of medicinal herbs and wanted her keen eye?

“Talk.”
(Alternate color for thoughts).
Tiana, the bonded soul-spirit

@Jarek
Running out of fucks that I can give to you
But you can still be pretty on the inside, too
Your heart's so cold, but I love the way you lie
Should've seen the red flags, but for you I'm fucking blind
x | x

Played by Offline morphi [PM] Posts: 76 — Threads: 14
Signos: 310
Day Court Sovereign
Male [He/his]  |  7 [Year 503 Summer]  |  23 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 15  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Jarek
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here behind the curtain lies a darkness feeding
Pooled inside, in hunger cries, and still it's eating
Everything I had to hide is all on my sleeve
And behind the curtain lies my soul, I’m bleeding
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jarek enjoyed Caelum’s company, she was intellectual and worldly. She had already taught him a great deal about novus and given him further information that would have taken much time to collect on his own. He would of course remember this, kindness and warmth was something he liked to keep a personal note of. To ensure that when or if the opportunity arose that he would have something he could give in return he would. It kept a balance of the relationships benefit, but most of all it tended to draw people closer together. 

I can truly understand how our pasts shape who we are today. We all have our shadows that follow us.” his mind briefly feeling acknowledgement of his own demons.  They had been a continual struggle, but with each day he was becoming more capable. 

“It would be a fine sight to see a Queen of summer enjoying the sunshine nonetheless.” he said softly. In his mind's imagination she would sparkle where the light hit her flesh, how glorious a Fae Queen would be. This was likely ignorant and perhaps inaccurate, but it was the image his mind produced. 

He chuckled at her comment about him being able to find Solterra on his own. “Perhaps, but sand can be beguiling,  we are always better off armed with more knowledge.” he said simply, recalling some of the struggles in the past foreigners had in navigating their desert lands. How many arriving in an attempt to trade with the tribe had to be rescued from the sands? Many had to be guided home as well, to prevent loss of life. 

He stopped for a moment contemplating what his plans were. “To be honest Caelum, I hadn’t thought that far ahead. I simply craved a walk in the open air with full sunlight. There is much I don’t know about Novus, I'm sure there are mysteries out there that are yet to be discovered.” He stopped for a moment in thought before adding “Is there something in particular you are searching for?” his mind sparked with curiosity now.

image by:https://giphy.com/Allyouneediswall

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 132 — Threads: 23
Signos: 6,637
Night Court Medic
Female [She/Her/Hers/We]  |  Immortal [Year 497 Spring]  |  15 hh  |  Hth: 32 — Atk: 28 — Exp: 70  |    Active Magic: Breath of Life  |    Bonded: Tiana (Soul-Spirit)

The fae certainly did her best to make friends with all she came across. And while she and Jarek's first meeting had been awkward at best, she was finding his companion on more stable grounds to be far more enjoyable. Even if she was more of a teacher than anything else at the moment - providing him with the information he had been needing to help determine his place, his walk in life. She wondered, however; where that walk would lead him. Would he truly find comfort in the desert lands that would be so similar to the world he had come from before. The history, she had gathered from their last meeting, to be more than a touch painful for him. Would he merely survive in Solterra, or would he become able to thrive? She supposed only time would tell for that. But it would be something she would casually watch for.

She nods to his words, a faint smile touching her muzzle, soothing her worries a little, They do more than shape us, they stay with us. They are our memories that shape how we perceive the world around us. She agreed quietly, before her muzzle drips into a small frown, The shadows will always have a way of cropping up when one least expects them to. Even when you feel healed from them, they have a way of trying to strike back when you least expect it, to try to catch you while you are down, falling. It is the act of surrounding yourself with those who can help you chase away the shadows that truly help. Just how many of her friends had done that for her - But Caelum was also a rather solitary being. Spending a lot of time in her own home, alone; and she knew how painful those shadows can whisper the memories one wishes to forget.

At his words, the fae is startled to laugh, shaking her head faintly, My princess once told me that upon her ascension to the thrown, it would not be as many would expect. The royal who is endowed by the season - they bring the sunshine. The season of summer follows them. I saw it a few times, with our King; when he was alive. He could simply breath out and chase the cold out with the breath of summer. It was . . . magical to watch. One day, she too would be able to do it. She would have to accept it sooner or later, to be able to spread Summer where she was. To breath out the breath of the season.

That day approached too soon. She is distracted from those thoughts when he speaks again, calling the sand beguiling, and she can't help the slight giggle that comes at the thought, Perhaps that is true. I imagine you would not wish to be caught unawares should a sandstorm strike, either; no? She questioned before tilting her head when he stopped, his words starting out in such a way to draw her attention firmly onto him. No one starts a sentence with 'To be honest' unless it was serious. Her ears perked forward at the thought of someone not thinking their actions to far ahead, and she can't help the bubbling giggle that erupts from her, the sound carefree and merry, You simply craved a walk, in Amare Creek of all places!? She questions.

She shook her head, still trying to smoother her giggles, At least my ventures allowed me to search for herbs and other useful bits for my shop, but Jarek; in this location? A simple walk could have you walking into quite the unexpected pairing! You're rather lucky it was me you stumbled upon, and not an amorous coupling! She finally settled the giggles, her smile still easy, her chocolate eyes shining in her amusement, While there are many secrets and mysterious left to discover in Novus, I would recommend not looking for the in Amare Creek. Myself though? No, I cannot say I was searching for anything in particular. Sometimes, my wings just get the itch to be stretches, and Amare's creek provides a lot of nutrients to the herbs in the area, it was the perfect location to begin my travels, so I could collect some herbs for my shop before I allow myself to truly explore.

“Talk.”
(Alternate color for thoughts).
Tiana, the bonded soul-spirit

@Jarek
Running out of fucks that I can give to you
But you can still be pretty on the inside, too
Your heart's so cold, but I love the way you lie
Should've seen the red flags, but for you I'm fucking blind
x | x

Played by Offline morphi [PM] Posts: 76 — Threads: 14
Signos: 310
Day Court Sovereign
Male [He/his]  |  7 [Year 503 Summer]  |  23 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 15  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

J A R E K
I heard from God today and She sounded just like me
What have I done, and who have I become?
I saw the devil today and he looked a lot like me
I looked away, I turned away

Her company felt light and warm; like the first embraces of spring. Conversations with Caelum were engaging to follow, she made it easy for him to feel comfortable. There weren’t many who he could say the same about. He didn’t have the insight to understand that, at least partially;  it was his social blunders at fault.  He would have been proud if a child of his had grown to become someone like Caelum. He hadn’t stopped to think of children, and of the future in that sense before. Previous life experiences made him wary that he wouldn’t make a good parent - after all his own parents had been a poor fit for the job. 

Considering her words carefully he replied “I think we revisit some of these shadows from time to time, to see if our perspective has changed. A lot can be learnt on reflection, as long as we don’t focus too heavily upon it.” he said softly before adding with a smirk “I believe a wise mare once told me to not let the past be consuming.'' He was of course referring to Caelum’s previous advice to him, given in the cave system.  “It is important to know who is partially adept at chasing your particular shadows,” he said with a soft chuckle. 

He stopped for a moment transfixed on the concept she had spoken. They could simply push away the cold? Shed warmth and light on the world. This was staggering. “That would be a sight indeed.” he said simply, his mind still imagining how breathtakingly remarkable that would be to see. “A sandstorm strike? No, that would not be very good at all. Sand would get…everywhere” he said with a warm laugh. 

His ears swiveled at her next sentence and he whispered “Well, I didn’t know that was the purpose for this place, until I got here. It is lovely though.” he said, chuckling further. He could feel the warmth in his gut at all this laughter and joy.  He snorted after hearing her next words spoken, “I had no intention of disturbing anyone.” His tone is light and genuine. “I can certainly see why they chose such a place for such a thing. But why come all the way here? There is surely no privacy, as you have pointed out anyone could wander in anytime.” he shook his head briefly wondering how and why this custom had been started. 

“Well, should you ever find yourself wanting a walk in such a place and don’t feel comfortable alone. I would happily accompany you anytime.” he said softly with a smile stretching his body out and enjoying the sunshine. He had not felt this relaxed in a very long time. It was an enjoyable experience to simply be.

Arms wide open
I stand alone
I'm no hero
And I'm not made of stone

@Caelum | speaks

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »