Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- [P] Red Antlers and Black Horns

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline EighthWonder [PM] Posts: 21 — Threads: 5
Signos: 1,990
Dawn Court Medic
Intersex [He / Him / They / Them]  |  7 [Year 504 Spring]  |  17 hh  |  Hth: 11 — Atk: 9 — Exp: 10  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Liseli

It had seemed like days. Days since Liseli came to the festival, but here he was yet again. Drawn in to the life swirling around the place, Liseli had found himself spending another nights coming back to the festival grounds. Somehow he he felt he still hadn’t managed to see all of the things the festival had to offer. Though he’d met a few other equines, fascinating in themselves, he still managed to spot the occasional odd individual.

The festival was an overwhelming flux of stimulation to Liseli’s previously lonesome existence. This is not to say that he ever felt lonely, he was content on his own, but the festival gave him a type of indulgence to his silent curiosity. The things to see the things to do, but he partook in little felling that he best not shake his fly-on-the-wall existence all too much. The creatures around him from all walks of life coming together for a moments peace and some memories best left unsaid the next day. Liseli did not judge them, in fact he was intrigued. Instead of outright ease-dropping, he’d listen to the tid-bits of stories echoing off of the tents and the various streets surfaces before continuing the stories in his own mind. The possibilities were endless.

Liseli was lost in his most recent story of a mage who’d climbed to the heights of Veneror Peak to complete some worship he’d been seeking. That is all he heard from the mage himself, before Liseli continued on developing the story in to his own. He climbed to the highest peaks to offer the roses he’d meant to give to his lover. Why he was there? Oh because he’d missed his lovers birth celebration and he was begging the god for forgiveness. Liselis face twisted in to his shy slime that he usually did every time he made himself laugh. He knew that that most likely isn’t what happened, but it was a good starting point for a little humor. 

It had been sometime wandering about the festival before Liseli happened upon a rather large tent, adored on the inside with heavy sewn red tapestries of intricate designs. There was a bar to the back with a tender who seemed oddly familiar to him, but he paid little mind. What he was interested in was the prospect of a place to sit. The couched and coffee-table like things filled the tent. Here and there equines gathered together, it wasn’t as loud in here and the slight ache in his legs pushed him in to the tent. Unlike the rest of the festival the lanterns around the top of the tent seemed enchanted, flames bright enough to see but tinted glass gave them a nice ambiance. 

Taking a table near the far back corner Liseli settled on to a deep emerald green type of couch. After adjusting his rather large wings and making sure his antlers didn’t hit anything, the cushions seemed to consume the part of his body in contact with it. This was perhaps the softest material Liseli had ever felt and it was nice. As Liseli settled a bit he noticed a piece of literature on the table before him, he glanced around briefly, checking to see if the owner was in attendance. He reached his head forward towards the piece adjusting the smaller lanter next to him for a bit more light so he could see. The purple from the last urns glass made the reflections on his copper coat shine particularly bring for such a semi-dim room. 

He began reading quietly lost in his mind as he usually was. It was like his observations in the forest, just in very different environment.

TAGS: @Fever | NOTES: Let it begin lol 

Played by Offline nastyalicorn [PM] Posts: 37 — Threads: 8
Signos: 2,210
Day Court Entertainer
Female [she / her / hers]  |  9 [Year 501 Summer]  |  16 hh  |  Hth: 7 — Atk: 13 — Exp: 33  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

temptable2

burning my cathedrals

cause i dont pray anymore
Snaking snaking, always serpentine in her wayward travels, forever in winding pursuit of the next morsel of excitement, a taste of danger, a sliver of anything to satiate her ruthless hunger of more. She is a sun-scorched wraith, and like the dunes of her homeland she is gritty and sharp, a flame too wild to snuff out. With a gluttonous appetite for anything that glitters, for war-hardened stories, for whatever adventures lie beyond the horizon where the sun lays in bed – she wants it all. 

Fever would always be a creature who was never satisfied.

It is difficult to find like-minded individuals – the very few she has encountered in her journeys seem to disappear, blown away with the wind to whatever heavens await them. With the departure of the handful of those close to her, she now aimlessly slithers to the next person who might give her a high. “Friend” was a dusty word, sitting high up on the shelf in the library of her vocabulary.  

The catacomb of her mind is dark in contrast to the light she emits – there she carefully organizes all the faces she has ever encountered – most of them unknowingly sorted into the ‘potential pawn’ box. A few have been categorized as ‘feel-goods’ and she collects them for rainy days when she either needs her ego stroked or an old-fashioned spar to remind her what her own blood tastes like; She does hold a pair of eyes in the back of her mind – they are golden and gleaming, molten sunlight captured in an obsidian and ivory diamond patterned face.

But that portrait had been covered and left untouched, and it still paled in comparison to the shrine of her mother. Temper was the only thing driving Fever – sometimes to the point of madness – and yet nothing could replace her.

Satisfaction could be obtained if she found her mother.

Yet each day that passed was like a chokehold under water – her hopes of finding Temper were being drowned.

The speckled-snake saunters into a tent, sweat shimmering on her skin from her tiring dances, her gaze halfcocked as she simply asks the attendant for a glass of water. Performing for other courts was beginning to bore her, and she ached to return home where she could dance and sway with the gales of sand, to paint the adobe structures of her kingdom bright with her spirit. 

After getting her refreshment, she moves to the back where it is darker, somewhere quiet so she can quench her throat and enjoy the rest of her evening brooding in peace. 

Unfortunately, she wasn’t alone. The stranger was so quiet and wrapped in whatever head world his book had transported him to, deep within the literature, so still that they could have been mistaken for decorum. 

The stallion had chestnut-red hair spilling down his blanched face, soft eyes framed with lashes: one of jade and its brother azurite. There is a sheen to his coat, akin to Fever’s own metallic skin, yet theirs is opalescent – it dances with amethyst-hued pearls and dusk-blue sparkles. They reminded her of a copper statue, and what others might assume for tarnished, Fever instead thought them beautiful in an alien-like way.

“What’s wrong?” she purrs, her voice like silken nectar spilling from dark lips. “Don’t want to partake in any drunken festivities?”

@Liseli sorry its a bit of a mess!
CODE IMAGE

[Image: 45505141_kShAGp5UVRG2Lvt.png]

i am a forest fire; i am the fire and i am the forest
and i am a witness watching it

Dawn Court Medic
Intersex [He / Him / They / Them]  |  7 [Year 504 Spring]  |  17 hh  |  Hth: 11 — Atk: 9 — Exp: 10  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Liseli

Liseli’s heterochromatic eyes were fully fixated on the wine hued pages before him, still and fully encompassed it was unclear if he was actually alive or not in this state. Regardless of his body’s statue-esq existence in the fair sized tented tavern, his mind was elsewhere. Unannounced to him, the book he happened to pick up was not one of the regular 
Material one would usually expect out of a book. A chapter or two in the characters within started to become a bit more than just flirtatious with one another. Liseli really did question what kind of equine would leave this type of literature just lying about? He figured it was a festival after all and the festivities clearly drew in a drove of far-fetched individuals. 
With a quiet huff Liseli was about to close the text before him and replace it whence it came from when suddenly a voice. “What’s wrong?” The voice seemed to ask in a type of smooth way, though Liseli couldn’t help but hear the slight aggression behind it. He closed the novel in from of him and moved it back to the edge of the table closest the lamp where’d he’d found it in the first place. His head tilted slightly up to see the source of the voice, antlers tipping back. 

“Don’t want to partake in any drunken festivities?” Again a voice so smooth and femme, yet the aggression he was almost convinced he could hear it now. Aggression didn’t bother him much, but aggression could have a lot of forms. This one he felt was just a type of enthusiasm more than actual anger. He took a moment to clear his throat before responding to the chimera unicorn mare now in front of him. "Never really been one for it…" he trailed off momentarily taking in a bit more visually for the equine before him. Reds, ebony and ivory covered her body in a firework type pattern. Her coat was unique to look at though it was the gold that really offset the base colors. Liseli was never usually one for jewelry but she wore them well, better than he’d seen of most. 

"However.." He sighed slightly and looked a bit past the unicorn mare towards the bartenders area. "I don’t suppose I am above it." Liseli was never one to particularly indulge, he didn’t look down upon such things just never really engaged with such things himself. Perhaps it was the post-confusion from the book he’d stumbled upon that put him in a bit more of socializing mood, or maybe it was the assumed aggression from the mare that tickled him slightly in to a more engaged version of himself. After all he really hadn’t been partaking in any of the festival activities, rather drawn by the beings inhabiting it. It could prove useful to him to see where or what this type of behavior would lead him to. 

Liseli shifted his weight a bit to stand off the couch he really did find so lovely, but he wasn’t a rude creature and perhaps his attempt at seeming more sociable would be more well received. He looked back at the mare and lowered his head, gesturing to the empty space on the other side of the couch. "Would you like to join me stranger?" He cut off his sentence rather quickly to glance back to the tender away from the pair. Liseli gently nodded towards them and figured that in this type of place that was all you really needed to do to get a drink around here. Liseli smirked to himself in the way his face had done so many times before entertaining himself in his mind, but it vanished again as he payed his attention back to the mare.

She was shorter than him, but really who payed much attention to body height when the two individuals had such natural extensions upon their heads. Perhaps it gave them both a few inches. Liseli however didn’t want problems with this mare as he really never wanted or un-wanted with anyone, but either way the couch seemed to be calling to him again and he settled back in the spot he previously was after he stretched out his copper toned wings wings. With the hight of the tent it was lucky they didn’t touch the height of the ceiling, though just barely. His wings were in themselves a differential attribute, the copper hues on his coat encompassed his wings fully, there was no non-luminescent opal patches upon them. Liseli just needed a good stretch and even if the mare didn’t want to speak to him he’d already committed to this space. 

"Speech" | TAGS:  @Fever|  NOTES: Honestly don’t even worry about it I just love Fever.

Day Court Entertainer
Female [she / her / hers]  |  9 [Year 501 Summer]  |  16 hh  |  Hth: 7 — Atk: 13 — Exp: 33  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

temptable2

burning my cathedrals

Fever is accustomed to negative perceptions of her - and she doesn't blame them. Their apprehension is warranted, their sideway glances and pretentious scowls only fueled Fever's fire. While there is something inheritantly attractive about the abstract lady - she is crowned in sharp quills, dark aureate eyes sitting on black scleras acting as like midnight suns in an alien universe, her perfume is of foreign amber and exotic spice, an untamable length of black tail that would suggest she spends her evenings brushing it and singing to herself - yes, attractive certainly, but she cannot hide her snake-like tendencies. 

Like watching a snake charmer summon a cobra - you are enraptured but wary.

So it was a bit of a surprise when she wasn't shooed away but instead offered a seat and invited to stay. 

Fever blinked a few times, and soon a charming smile melted onto her mouth.

"How kind of you - " she muses, "I could use a rest from my performances."

As the stallion stretches out his massive wings, Fever feels a tad dwarfed by their intimidating size. As she reclines in the seat she had been given, she admires them, silently envious of the gift of flight. How freeing it must be to just be able to spread your feathers and fly wherever you please; no rules, no limitations, just endless sky and a world so wild and eager to discover. She takes a sip from her water, letting it roll on her tongue as she contemplates if wings would have saved her in her youth. 

She wonders what's beyond the ocean, if its possible to touch the horizon when the sun rises.

Her daydreams are interrupted as the bartender comes by and fills their drink, and she motions for something stronger in her next cup. "So tell me, stranger -" she turns her attention back to the opalescent paint, her grin as wild as the as the world she wished to discover, "Do you provide services at this festival, or are you a patron?" With a tilt of her head, she is suggestive of convivial company, yet she has begun to analyze the stranger, trying to pick-a-part his facial expressions and body language. 

The lady contemplates his profession: large and taut muscles might suggest he is physical in his day by day routine,  perhaps a blacksmith, maybe a warrior, yet his body is not riddled with scars, and the kindness in his baritones would have Fever leaning away from something so barbarous.  As she patiently awaits to hear more about them, she counts the pines on his antlers, curious if he wields them as decorum or guts his enemies.

A smirk plays on her mouth at the possibilities. 

@Liseli
CODE IMAGE

Dawn Court Medic

Liseli

Ah a performer.

Liseli had figured as much about the mare. Though he was glad his initial guess had been right about the stranger, it was the little things she did that gave her away. The charm in her voice, the outgoing curiosity to speak to strangers such as himself, her light movements and the little jewelers details around her body. Secretly Liseli found her fascinating, especially after her initial words to him and his subsequent invitation to her she seemed surprised. What an odd response for someone who initiated the interaction in the first place. 

Regardless, the mare now came to sit beside him upon the couch he’d come to absolutely adore. Liseli smiled back politely at the mare as they both seemed to settle in fine. The bartender he’d gestured to previously came near and filled their waters. The calico unicorn quietly gestured to them for a real drink upon their next return. Perhaps it was impolite for Liseli to forego drinking as well, and so he gestured for the same. He didn’t expect to turn stumbling, but perhaps it would help him relax in his new company.  

The mare began to speak to him again now, a smooth voice tantalizing to his ears as they flicked towards the mare. Even though Liseli wasn’t looking directly at her he could still see her general movements in his peripheral. His brow furrowed slightly for but a moment as he finished adjusting the lamps purple-hued light on the table to be just a little brighter. He looked back to the mare directly and smirked gently, adjusting himself to sit up a little better. Making sure not to disrespect the mares own space on the couch. They were close but he didn’t dare disrespect another’s physical space, this made his body a little tense.

"While it would be easier to claim one or the other, I suppose I am neither. I’ve just been observing the life around here just because I suppose. It’s been a long while in the woods." With the end of his sentence his face relaxed for a moment a when blank. The woods, the forest, his home for the last bit of time before he reached Novus. It was a peaceful time for him, but that was when his life had few variables. It was just him with his thoughts and the natural world’s lessons around him. But being in the festival surrounded by equine life was great too in its own way.

Liseli had caught a glimpse of the mare gazing at his antlers and him. His eyebrow raised in curiosity. Perhaps she shared the same predilections for observation as he did or maybe she was making jokes to herself about him too. It didn’t make him nervous in the slightest, he just thought it a bit funny to be on the reverse side of these studies. Liseli decided to ask as the mare smirked in a similar way he often did, "Have you found out anything about me yet?" He said it in a light-hearted way, not attempting to offend the mare but trying to make a joke. Though Liseli was generally pretty stoic he did like his gentle teases. Thankfully if the joke had been ill received, the bartender was back again briefly and allowed Liseli to break his head away from the mares direction for a moment again. He looked at the cup now before him and waited for her to speak.   

"Speech" | TAGS:  @Fever |  NOTES: N/A

Day Court Entertainer

temptable2

burning my cathedrals

The snake can’t help but tilt her head as she watches the way the other moves; he shifts his large and cumbersome wings, careful to not infringe on her space, trying to respect her boundaries and probably soothe his own need for room. Perhaps it was because she habitually chose the worst of company, but Fever couldn’t help but stifle her grin, somewhat and slightly charmed by this hulk’s respectful nature. Unfortunately, she was known for pushing boundaries and stepping over lines drawn between others, playing dumb and blind to mutual walls.

Beneath the veil of her mask her lips curl into a wild and mysterious smirk as he mentions his time in the woods – a hermit perhaps? She continues to try to decipher his body language and mannerisms and couldn’t help but blink twice in bemusement as he calls her out for her scrutiny.

Ahh, so he was observant like she was. 

A warm and full-bodied chuckle vibrates her lips, her smirk growing into a grin, the firelight twinkling in her gilded eyes as she admires his bold mouth.

“Mm, well, I do have a few theories.” She prattles softly, the spice in her voice akin to the flavors in her drink as she sets it down. 

“You mentioned living in the woods, I’m assuming secluded and alone – you were content in your own company reading that book and losing yourself within the pages. No one who relies on social interaction goes to a bar to read.”

She pauses, another drink pressed to her mouth before leaning forward and beginning to test his limitations of space. 

“I thought you a warrior at first, but you bare no scars.” Her eyes are unapologetic as she drinks him in, her gaze like a lone finger, first to trace along his jawline and then down the architect of his neck, his undecorated locks of hair and the opal shimmers on his skin.

She scoffs quietly, her stare returning to his face and meeting his eyes with unwavering attention, as if her stare demanded eye contact. “I think you’re smart, but domestic. Perhaps a librarian or a monk. Maybe a nanny -”

Fever finishes her musing with a tease, wondering how his ego might deflate or if he would continue banter. 

@Liseli
CODE IMAGE

Dawn Court Medic

Liseli

The mare laughed at his initial tease and challenge. It was a slight relief to him that it was well received and she pieced at him again with her darker golden eyes. He smiled now back at her, he had taken a few sips that the bar keep had easily swindled in front of him. That familiar but foreign warmth slowly pulsating from his chest. It was nice to feel warmth again verses the often chilly nights in the woods. Usually his frame was enough to keep him from the shivers but sometimes the wind blew just right. He chuckled back slightly turning back to look at her more. The purple dampened flame shone on her blood red patches. 

”Well I do have a few theories… He grew curious. Apparently the mare was also in to the drink before them taking the stronger of the two in his lips as well. She continued on, no one could say she wasn’t honest. As she spoke each sentence warranted some kind of growing amusement from him. Perhaps it was the warmth taking a bit more space within him or maybe he was glad to have the company. For this time it seemed just a brief back and forth. At her comment of being alone a stronger voice, "I do suppose you’re right… he settled his gaze a moment again on the book tossed aside on the table and smiled brightly, "That book anyway seems to be a bit promiscuous in it’s ways, more likely a true hermit was the one who had forgotten it in the first place."

The mare now etched closer to him, a contrast to the space he’d previously given her. A fearless move. She spoke that he was no warrior, which in part was true. He’d fought just not against other equines. But now this seemed to him a type of game and he, in his slightly altered state, was not opposed to playing. As the mare got closer and continued to speak, his body remained in place but he outstretched one of his wings closest to her up and around the back side of the couch. He knew not if some of the ends of his soft feathers had brush against her slightly. But now it didn’t matter he spoke again, "My scars are not visible."

He didn’t mean it any type of way just words at this point. He was quiet as the stare the mare was now giving him warranted one back. He looked at her in nearly a mirror type way. This was an interesting game and the heat from her body now closer to his was nice on his skin. As was his usual fashion, when in Rome seemed the appropriate saying. Either way he could not help by clench his body and his wing as he let out a hearty laugh when the mare suggested him a nanny. 

"A nanny, no. I am not much of anything, I am here I am there. Being alone is not the end of it all." He took yet another small sip of the sweet wine in front of him and glanced gently around the room just out of a habit. Clearing his throat he gestured back to the mare but this time a bit softer in his movements. "And you… the dances you must have done, the things you must have seen in others. Sorta seems you have your own coldness, despite being dressed in fire." He meant it in a solemn way seeing as this is the game the two have decided to partake in now. Where they’d go who knew, it was just a night at the festival. 

"Speech" | TAGS:  @Fever |  NOTES: 

Day Court Entertainer

temptable2

burning my cathedrals

Being a prickly-pear is hard; having walls erected around yourself in order to always protect your best interests is difficult to manage - and Fever is reminded this especially when in the presence of others whose company would try to coax her to relax and let loose. Liseli was nothing short of simple and easy company: the stud was intelligent enough to keep up with the chimera's banter - let alone charming enough to pull it off - and he effortlessly made Fever feel less like a viper, more of a whole person. He didn't seem to have any ill intent as he partook in their little game of prattle, yet she was not yet convinced that he was a simpleton. 

So what was his aim? This red and oyster-sheen stallion was convivial, mature, and warm just simply because? 

No one was ever nice just to be nice. 

Yet, here she sat, pleasantly surprised by his warm and benevolent nature. This didn't exactly align with her reputation of choosing wicked company - he must be hiding something. 

At the mention of the book, a giggling purr bubbles from her. "How I love good ol-fashion promiscuity."

She swirls the last bit of her drink in her cup, her eyes blink languidly as her invasion of his space was accepted. For a hermit, he seemed awfully inviting - the skin where his feathers brush against her quivers slightly, happy to experience a tickle of electricity between their very brief and light touch. 

Both ears were cupped in his direction as she listens to him about hiding his scars. Fever holds her tongue, her eyes open and close in a subtle yet understanding manner. But her face ignites with light as Liseli bursts with a hearty laughter - for some reason, it reminds Fever of stew on a winter day - his laughter warms her, and she can't help but place a charming smile on her lips. And yet, this smile doesn't last long, as it falters underneath her mask, a gradual metamorphosis into a quiet façade of contemplation. 

It wasn't often she was rendered a bit tongue-tied. 

The silence stretches between them; soft murmuring of other patrons, the clinks of glasses being washed, the occasional whisper-pop and snap from the fire of the lamps.

Almost out of character - perhaps her drink is getting to her quicker than she originally accounted for - Fever leans in just a little closer, and she tilts her chin up to this man she'd barely known, her eyes doe-like, desperate like a damsel in distress, suddenly matching the solemnity of his statement. She speaks softly, as if she is sharing a secret, as if whatever was to spill from her lips would ruin her if the rest of the bar could hear.

"Perhaps we are both experienced in hiding our scars. Tell me, aren't you tired of it? Being alone?"

She could pretend for one night, like she always does, that she is lovable and capable of meaningful relationships. But she knows better. And despite an alien ache in her heart for friendship and romance, she was not an animal made for it. She would always crave company, she would never wish to be alone, yet found it the most comfortable option, the most suitable for a wretch like herself.

Fever lingers in typical femme fatale fashion, she studies the way the flames lick and chisel the contour of his face and jaw, the way the lights dance in strange shapes in the colors of his eyes. She allows the heat to build between proximity of their bodies. He could be art - she decided - just in this moment. 

Alas, it is a fleeting moment, and she withdraws herself back to her corner of the couch where she originally sat when she had first invaded his solidarity. A sigh leaves her feminine frame, her shoulders relaxing as she returns to the coy and fickle creature she was always bound to be. She slightly lifts her glass towards him, a subtle cheer as she regains her composure. "To being alone."

The mare takes her last swallow, but is not eager to replace her empty cup as she places it at the table. 

"So," she drawls, redirecting the conversation, "Where do you call home?"

@Liseli
CODE IMAGE

Dawn Court Medic

Liseli

For a moment she let go, in any way that she could, in any type way that she’d let herself. It was the second for her pressing close to him against his chest. Something only fleeting. For him a sensation rarely given or felt. In that instant he could tell this was for either party of the interaction. Either way he was just fine with being that thing for anyone for a moment. But an object in the space, but a cushion on the couch. There was something softer about it for him, but he didn’t take it in any type of way. Perhaps. Perhaps it was the drink, the banter of mindless voices of those much more intoxicated than they leading to that moment. For him he allowed himself to be that sounding board for another. If but for that second, the charm, that game had finalized and peaked. But in this way there was no winners or losers… only participants.

As the mare gazed at him with her eyes the hue of riches and dragons hoards. He could’ve missed it if he hadn’t been equally dazzled in that single moment. He could see in to her for that minute. He knew she could see in to him as well. As she pressed closer to his chest a deep exhale escaped him, blinking loosely as if his mind was entering some kind of core memory in to it’s cold stone of logic. As his eyes fluttered open again he was over her slightly again tilting down and his expression one of the one he could see in her. She too knew what pain came from the actions of others and what it meant to be so lost in those feeling of fear. One could loose themselves in these things and they were just two strangers, in a bar, finding something neither had been prepared for. A second of trust. Nothing would come of it as is likely as it was, but it was written as such.

His expression was one of a type of friendly love, the way one looks at their physical momentos. Like nothing could understand more than the child as they wrapped themselves in their blanky. This was fleeting and soon he leaned a little closer as the mares voice dropped in tone and rapture. The first sentence would have been understood without it even being said, but a part of him was glad to know she saw the same thing in him as well. It wasn’t always the he got the opportunity to show his past through a moment. He was generally an open book willing to share and feel the things of others for their own healing, it was the way of him and his ancestors. But rarely, if ever, had he’d ever seen a moment where a small part of him was healed too through the equal suffering of another. What a beautiful thing.

He shared her solemness as he rested, but as he did he caught himself breathing lightly, enjoying the comfort of her closeness. He knew he should answer her, to understand and recognize what was probably very difficult for her, but he chose a different path one that wouldn’t probably ever be put in a whole sentence. He pulled his wing a bit closer around her touch soft and easy. He placed his muzzle higher above her forehead and gracing her ebony horns. He looked off in to the distance for a moment and closed his eyes. Just a hug, so simple and yet somehow more. He left her a moment later and watched as she moved to the other end of the couch. 

He figured it hadn’t been due to his actions, but it was in the habit-dictionaries that they were. So he understood when she proposed a cheer to the lonely essence. He followed her with a slow nod and finished his drink as well. A clank on the table and a drop to the side of the arm of the couch. He left his moment in the bottom of that glass, but he wasn’t unhappy about it. He was back to the one enigma he’d always been. But he did admit, he liked this mare. Perhaps they’d met somewhere along the way of the cosmos, at least this night of bond wasn’t for naught. He knew then the lesson he’d found here and he’d tell her before they’d part so that she may use it too.

She started on where he was from, and he was happy to indulge. His voice loose and careful out of natural tame, "I guess I am from the Dawn Court, but I digress I don’t really belong there… This is not the issue as I go as I go I come as I come. Being alone as you said is a hell of a thing. Being lonely is a different matter entirely." He cleared his throat and gestured loosely to the keep of the inn to clear the table before them. But he returned to her, turning his head and adjusting his antlers to hang back towards his mane. This was his interest and curiosity getting through though what he really wanted to say would come soon. "As is polite, I figure it to ask you the same question. But if I may dare, the fire the change… I would initially guess vagabond…. But that’s not right at all. Your dress…" He gestured softly to her ornaments around her body… "Desert. So Day?"

His wing remained relaxed and draped over the couch, hued feathers falling out behind them. This wasn’t meant to make her come back, it was just the way of his system. Though relaxed he told her. He leaned a bit closer speaking she had done minutes before. Perhaps it was a secret as she maybe had felt. "To revisit, being alone. The pain, the pain binds everyone. The joy, the joy of all is in the seconds of kindness, of joy, of new and of old. They are rare and for some few between but the world is not dark everyone carries the light within them. Maybe somewhere we both know our own lights’ too. "

"Speech" | TAGS:  @Fever|  NOTES: Lot’s to unpack here lol