Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- [AW] Kaleidoscope Glasses

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Elidhu [PM] Posts: 55 — Threads: 14
Signos: 40
Dawn Court Soldier
Female [She/Her]  |  10 [Year 500 Winter]  |  17 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 16  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Meira

maybe then
I'd feel alive without you

T
he man was quiet at first, and seemed to pause a moment when she began to speak to him. At the very least he wasn't offended by her observation. Meira wouldn't have been terribly surprised if he was, she wasn't exactly known for her finesse in conversation. If she was known at all that is. So far it seemed to be Callynite and Illia that her days revolved around. The doe had promised her safety and so far her life had been quiet save for the one brief encounter beyond Dawn's borders. The man commented on the fabric getting in the way and then went on to say that art was not often known for its practicality. Not art specifically, but beauty. Meira contemplated his words for a few moments, her blue eyes trained on his forelock that was now loosely hanging over his eyes like an awning. "I'll admit I'm not someone who really understands impracticality in any form. I'm not one for the arts unless it's the art of war." Meira answered him with a slight shrug. Her candid demeanor surprised her slightly. 

"Then again... beauty isn't always impractical. It serves its purpose at least sometimes. I think most find their mates beautiful... or attractive.. same with other animals I would imagine?" Meira thought out loud, even though she wasn't much of a scholar. This was at least something she considered obvious. The striped soldier hadn't realized he'd been watching her in nearly the same way she'd watched him. The man commented on how he thought her daughter would be fine because Dawn was safe. There is a darkness that grows in the corner of her lips, and her bodice shrinks instinctively. Dawn was safe for now. The Sovereign was behind her, and as far as she knew cared as much for Illia as she did. Even the soldiers she stood beside cared for the young Delumine child. The child that Oriens loves. It was a love Meira would never know.

After a few moments of silence, she decided to answer him. "The safety of Dawn isn't what I'm worried about. It's what's outside of Dawn, and what could come into Dawn that worries me. It's harder when you've got a flighty daughter who is insatiably curious about the world outside. There are monsters out there that can walk in the light too." Meira warns him as if he needed a warning. The stranger doesn't need to know about Sebastien in detail. She doesn't have to relive every memory that sets her soul on fire. Meira allows another pause before she tries to change the conversation.

"My daughter's name is Illia, and I'm Meira... Are you new to Delumine?" She asked, there was no edge in her voice. Her eyes remained guarded, but it would hopefully be obvious she was just curious rather than suspicious.

@Liseli Aw thank you so much! <3 I'm looking forward to this thread!

Messages In This Thread
[AW] Kaleidoscope Glasses - by Liseli - 03-15-2022, 07:45 PM
RE: [AW] Kaleidoscope Glasses - by Meira - 03-16-2022, 09:23 AM
RE: [AW] Kaleidoscope Glasses - by Liseli - 03-16-2022, 03:34 PM
RE: [AW] Kaleidoscope Glasses - by Meira - 03-19-2022, 11:40 AM
RE: [AW] Kaleidoscope Glasses - by Liseli - 03-21-2022, 04:39 AM