Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- [AW] Kaleidoscope Glasses

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline EighthWonder [PM] Posts: 21 — Threads: 5
Signos: 1,990
Dawn Court Medic
Intersex [He / Him / They / Them]  |  7 [Year 504 Spring]  |  17 hh  |  Hth: 11 — Atk: 9 — Exp: 10  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

LISELI

I can heal you and you can be whole, because that is who we are.

T
he colors, the warmth, the light and chatter all around! What an exciting place to be! It was a clear night as the shinny copper splash equine made his way through the crowds. The liveliness of the place brought to him a sense of excitement and a bit of nostalgia. He walked with his head high, heterochromatic eyes darting to and from the different booths and beings. Some tents were the essence of luxury, elaborate and extravagant while others were of the more humble variety. A bit ironic, Liseli thought, how usually the later seemed to be the postings surrounded by the most laughter. Liseli was just excited to take it all in, he’d seen little like this in his whole life. 

Liseli had spent the better part of the following year in isolation, traveling through the forest and over the lands to reach Novus. Through the few encouragers he’d had with various fellow travelers he now new that he had been in Novus for some time, just in a place generally reserved for those called the vagabonds. It was also though his encounters he’d learnt about the kingdoms of Novus as well. Once he’d helped a deer clean and mend a flesh wound upon the mountainside, where he learned about the kingdom of Delumine and the equids of the Dawn Court. These fancy terms meant little to Liseli, but he did know they were looking for new blood. Liseli figured someone with his gifts could be useful to them. 

It was to the castle upon the hill that was his original destination, but the crowds here tugged at his curiosity enough for him to deviate from his original path. He wasn’t entirely sure what he’d hope to find here but it was tantalizing to the senses. All of the gathering reminded him of the fires of his family when he was young, everyone would gather together and dance. Embracing the warmth and company of one another, words carrying stories or world long gone and those from far beyond. He listened now as he walked around the dizzying maze of tents and allies created by them, equines sharing stories of all the ways they’ve lived. It would come in bit and pieces but Liseli would lie to himself if he didn’t admit a part of him missed it all.

As Liseli ventured through the alleyways the lights from the various lanterns and fires was setting his coat alight. All the copper areas of his body had this metallic sheen over them reflecting off in soft violets, bold periwinkle and blue hues. Though his wings were tucked he was growing used to the slight bumps and soft passing rubs from the other festival attendants. A few individuals yelled at him a passing compliment, though he just smiled politely and continued on. He assumed that some, if not most party goers were doing just that, partying. While he tried to keep his wings small his horns were another matter. It wasn’t long before he had been lost in his own observations that he accidentally entangled them for a moment in some low hanging fabrics. As he shook his head gentle trying to wear off the threads he was brought back to reality. It had been so long since he’d had any type of fun and this seemed like the type of place to indulge himself, even if just a bit.

He headed to the nearest opening where he quickly tried to find a less populated area on the fringes,  but somewhere that the larger bonfire in the center’s light could still reach him. He’d almost forgotten what genuine heat felt like after so many weeks in the forests. He stood easily upon his long legs, allowing his crown to dip forward and watch as the other equids dance around joyously. Though it was so loud, Liseli thought he could almost fall asleep. It wasn’t because he was bored he was just at peace and happy. His curious mind thought that he should dance with some of them, but his wall flower nature was still overcoming him. I am having fun.

“Speak”|Thoughts|@ALL WELCOME (first post with my first character)

https://i.postimg.cc/x84VKSkF/Table2.png; width=100%

Played by Offline Elidhu [PM] Posts: 55 — Threads: 14
Signos: 40
Dawn Court Soldier
Female [She/Her]  |  10 [Year 500 Winter]  |  17 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 16  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Meira

maybe then
I'd feel alive without you

T
he usually quiet streets of Delumine have roared to life with the announcement of the Spring Festival. There are so many bodies swimming through their streets, and on their borders now. Meira can't be sure if Sebastien will show his face here. The vile man never could resist a party, but at least her daughter was safe. Callynite made sure of that, just as she was making sure that things didn't get too rowdy. In a few moments though one of her fellow soldiers approached her and announced that her shift was over. The slate man encouraged her to join the fun, and she offered him a faint smile. Fun was the last thing on her mind since her daughter had been born. All she had the time to do anymore was make sure she was safe and far far away from Sebastien. Illia was somewhere safe, at least when she had to attend to duty she could be sure of that. The doe Sovereign had convinced her that Dawn would be safe. It might not ever feel like Solterra, but at least it was still home. 

As Meira hit the streets she spotted a stranger who had gotten tangled up in some of the fabrics dangling carelessly into the street. Decorations or not that seemed like a hazard. The striped mare gave a slight shrug of her shoulders and continued on in the same direction as the stranger. She hadn't anticipated that they'd had the same idea in finding a more secluded spot outside of the bustle of the festival. Her blue eyes studied the stranger a few moments as she arrived at the lonely bonfire shortly after him. There was an awkward silence that passed between them, with Meira unsure of if she was supposed to strike up a conversation. In the distance, she heard Illia's giggle and her head swiveled to find her daughter playing with someone else near another bonfire. Another child of Dawn she'd recognized at least. Her racing heart settled and relief seemed to cross her face momentarily. Meira peered deeply into the base of the fire as the warm tones lit up her face.

The striped soldier let her gaze flicker back to the stranger. It would be nice to talk to someone who didn't know her for once. "Pesky fabric back there, eh? It's pretty but not very practical." Meira offered in an attempt to be friendly. The words tasted foreign on her tongue. Meira wasn't known for being a diplomat, or even friendly. Loneliness was insidious.

@Liseli I hope you don't mind Meira dropping in here <3 I love Liseli (totally didn't stalk his profile :D) and how you write him <3 <3

Dawn Court Medic
Intersex [He / Him / They / Them]  |  7 [Year 504 Spring]  |  17 hh  |  Hth: 11 — Atk: 9 — Exp: 10  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

LISELI

I can heal you and you can be whole, because that is who we are.

A
S the flames from the fire roared quietly and Liseli rested his body for a moment. But instead of being a little alone despite being in a crowd still he’d noticed a stranger had come nearer to him. Liseli was never really one to assume others to come near him for any real reason so he sighed softly and let the brief moments of silence pass assuming that it was just a placement of convenience for the mare. Regardless of that convenience, Liseli couldn’t help but take a second glance. She was in eye line after all, like when someone could choose of all types places to settle and inadvertently become neighbors. 

Liseli watched her a bit through his side vision, not wanting to outright stare at the stranger or cause any dis-ease in them. Liseli after all wasn’t a malicious creature by nature and at this point in his life was simply okay with just existing. Really it was just his kind of zen, and maybe he could’ve stuck to it is he wasn’t so helplessly curious. He watched the mare, glance around the festival her body a bit strained under a lovely striped coat. It was by chance that he’d caught a glimpse of what she seemed to be staring at as well. A filly, also striped. It didn’t take a genius to put together that this stranger was obviously her mother, especially after the way her tension seemed to ease after getting the filly in her eye-line. It reminded Liseli of his mother all those years ago.

The mare looked back at the fire and so did he. Liseli closed his eyes for but a moment before his ears slowly flicked to the direction of the double horned mare. Oh, she’s talking to me. Liseli loosened his gaze from the fire and turned his crown to look at her more directly. She was talking about the fabric incident. Funny he thought he’d been so caught up in taking in his surroundings he had some how failed to see he had a bit of a spectator. He laughed roughly but small, more a snort in response and then spoke, ”Yeah, I suppose they can get in the way…” He tailed off for a moment, ”Art is a funny thing. The type of beauty that often has no need for practicality.”

Liseli sighed and dropped his head a bit lower his forelock falling gently over his green eye and cocking his back leg put to bend in a more relaxed position. ”I think your daughters gonna be alright, I am told its safe here.” Maybe he shouldn’t have brought it up, but he more-so thought it was a bit of an attempt at humor. After all she’d obviously seen him tussle with the fabrics, he’d maybe watched her a bit too in return. 

“Speak”|@Meira
Notes: Not gonna lie, I did a bit of stalking on Meiras profile too while I was waiting for him to get approved and thought dang that’s a cool character so I am pleasantly surprised you responded to his thread, didn’t think in a million years he’d play something out with a character of her caliber.

Played by Offline Elidhu [PM] Posts: 55 — Threads: 14
Signos: 40
Dawn Court Soldier
Female [She/Her]  |  10 [Year 500 Winter]  |  17 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 16  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Meira

maybe then
I'd feel alive without you

T
he man was quiet at first, and seemed to pause a moment when she began to speak to him. At the very least he wasn't offended by her observation. Meira wouldn't have been terribly surprised if he was, she wasn't exactly known for her finesse in conversation. If she was known at all that is. So far it seemed to be Callynite and Illia that her days revolved around. The doe had promised her safety and so far her life had been quiet save for the one brief encounter beyond Dawn's borders. The man commented on the fabric getting in the way and then went on to say that art was not often known for its practicality. Not art specifically, but beauty. Meira contemplated his words for a few moments, her blue eyes trained on his forelock that was now loosely hanging over his eyes like an awning. "I'll admit I'm not someone who really understands impracticality in any form. I'm not one for the arts unless it's the art of war." Meira answered him with a slight shrug. Her candid demeanor surprised her slightly. 

"Then again... beauty isn't always impractical. It serves its purpose at least sometimes. I think most find their mates beautiful... or attractive.. same with other animals I would imagine?" Meira thought out loud, even though she wasn't much of a scholar. This was at least something she considered obvious. The striped soldier hadn't realized he'd been watching her in nearly the same way she'd watched him. The man commented on how he thought her daughter would be fine because Dawn was safe. There is a darkness that grows in the corner of her lips, and her bodice shrinks instinctively. Dawn was safe for now. The Sovereign was behind her, and as far as she knew cared as much for Illia as she did. Even the soldiers she stood beside cared for the young Delumine child. The child that Oriens loves. It was a love Meira would never know.

After a few moments of silence, she decided to answer him. "The safety of Dawn isn't what I'm worried about. It's what's outside of Dawn, and what could come into Dawn that worries me. It's harder when you've got a flighty daughter who is insatiably curious about the world outside. There are monsters out there that can walk in the light too." Meira warns him as if he needed a warning. The stranger doesn't need to know about Sebastien in detail. She doesn't have to relive every memory that sets her soul on fire. Meira allows another pause before she tries to change the conversation.

"My daughter's name is Illia, and I'm Meira... Are you new to Delumine?" She asked, there was no edge in her voice. Her eyes remained guarded, but it would hopefully be obvious she was just curious rather than suspicious.

@Liseli Aw thank you so much! <3 I'm looking forward to this thread!

Dawn Court Medic

Liseli

The stripped unicorn beside him seemed a little less intense now that a few words had passed between them, though anything said until this point was just that, words. That was at least until the mare seemed to have a response to his comment of the nature of art. Liselis focus perked up a little, though his movement slightly upwards was done slowly. Though the words seemed harmless, he still sensed the mare’s anxiety and he didn’t want to alarm her though he never thought of himself as very intimidating to begin with. Regardless, Liseli couldn’t help but twinge his maw in to a slight smirk as the mare spoke of not understanding impracticality and it’s relation to beauty. He said nothing for the moment to let her finish speaking but his eye did wander a moment to the delicate sliver earring through her ear then to the metallic adornments upon the tips of her two horns. He could see those in use in terms of war as she insisted, but the earring… 

The mare did have a point. Beauty did have it’s place in the world, but the idea of beauty itself was so fickle. The equines seemed to be the one’s most obsessed with vanity, otherwise they wouldn’t have things like tapestries. Liseli chuckled quietly to himself over his joke and he would’ve left that section of their conversation to the wind. The mare however did pose a question and well it was unlike him to not-answer, considering the amount of sheer time he’d actually had studying subjects like these from his time in wilderness."For some, yes I do suppose you are correct. Perhaps the raccoon’s white dress is the darkest eye stripe. But often I have thought that they perhaps seek something else in each other entirely. But I guess that type of attraction could happen for beings like us as well, though it seems we all are much… less skilled at it."

With his mention of her daughter, Liseli could see the moment of relief vanish again from the mare. Not in a state she was previously, but still back on edge. After what she said, he didn’t blame her. To ease her tension Liseli looked away from the mare’s blue eyes a moment, surveying the others away from them sharing their own interactions before returning his gaze to the fire. The wolves he’d observed in the woods would use this to break the tension between one another, it was the thing that made sense to him at the moment. Though his gaze was off the mare directly again her words made him smirk. For a second, he thought back to his own mother and how he’d often abandoned her for his “more important” youth-consumed whims. But his smile quickly vanished when the mare spoke of monsters, yes, those he knew. 

"I used to run from my mother too, though we had little worry. Must be a condition of the youth…" Liseli took the opportunity to draw his breath before changing his tone to something a bit more serious in acknowledgement of the mares less light-hearted statement, "I do not know all, but I do think that the young ones are the way they are because they have yet to learn of the monsters out there. It must be exhausting to be a mother. I’ve seen creatures wither under the weight, sacrifice themselves, anything really. The monsters that are the scariest are often those who walk within the souls of the selves." The last sentence did not bring peace to Liseli and like the mare his body tensed a little. He’d watched Niele die over even the possibility of motherhood, but her soul had been dead for a long time afterwards. Her monsters got her.

Liseli shook his head a bit trying to shake off the brief hurt, visible across his face even in his one blind-looking eye. He did look back to the mare now, she introduced herself. Miera… and Illia. Liseli repeated the names in his mind, he’d not met anyone in a long time or at least long enough to hear another name. Perhaps he was just making sure he’d actually remember it, it was not uncommon for him to loose some information over time. "I am Liseli. It is nice to meet you Miera," he said kindly. "I am… new, I suppose. I come for a land far away, my family has no name for it, or for themselves really. It was only recently we’d ever settled. But I came here because I guess it was my …nature. I’ve heard of Dawn from only passings, and it sounds as though there there was some help needed here. Though I am inclined to say I don’t have much of a role yet I suppose, though I can do some pretty odd things I think. I have also heard the the sovereign here is a doe…" Liseli raised his head upright and looked to his large darkened antlers humorously, swaying them slightly back and forth as to not bump in to the unicorn beside him. "So I do say if I ever were to cross paths with them, I supposed we might have something in common."

"Speech" | TAGS:  @Meria |  NOTES: I feel like Liseli is gonna get on her nerves but like in a good way lol.