Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - my anger will stain the morning sun

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Elidhu [PM] Posts: 17 — Threads: 4
Signos: 35
Day Court Merchant
Female [She/Her]  |  Immortal [Year 491 Winter]  |  13 hh  |  Hth: 8 — Atk: 12 — Exp: 17  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Cordelia

you are a vast forest
full of beautiful and vibrant stories

T
he sun hangs overhead, and brings warmth to the stone streets of Solterra. Solis is watching, he is always there a friend had told her not that long ago in her tea shop. The small devout woman had nothing left but her faith and friendship in the tea-shop owner who once thrust blades into the hearts of beasts and men. Now she hobbled along the hot stone streets alone, carrying components for new teas in the satchel at her side. The satchel rested beneath her sheer cape fastened to her shoulder with the pendant of a sun. Cordelia almost missed the equine tucked out of sight from the main thoroughfare. She had horns crawling out from her face and along her nape. Gold chains encircle parts of her bodice, painted in rich browns and ivory as white as snow. There is no mane on the stranger, but there is a very long beautiful tail.

Cordelia pauses her movements, her old body relishing in the moments of stillness as she studies the stranger. It seems like they need a friend, and what better friend to have than a brand new grandma? The small palomino woman with a crown on her head, which she wears for no other reason than she likes to feel like a princess at times, approaches the stranger pressed into the cool stone walls of Solterra. Cordelia drops herself right beside the beautiful stranger and tucks her legs carefully so as not to irritate them for later in the day. Despite the fact that she was immortal, Cordelia still got all the fun pains of being older because she did not stop aging until she was already 15.

The retired adventurer reaches into her bag and pries out a few of the apple turnovers she'd made earlier in the day and offers one to the stranger.  "You looked like you could use a friend. Have an apple turnover, I made them this morning." She speaks up with a warm smile and a look of adoration on her face. "I'm Cordelia. The resident tea-shop owner here in Solterra and my newest adventure is to befriend and adopt grandchildren all over Novus." She smiles, her warmth swells as she offers her goals to the stranger. "This dangerous world needs more love, don't you think? It ought to start with us. Consider yourself newly adopted. Now tell me what's troubling such a beautiful young lady like yourself. And what do I call you?" 

Cordelia was beaming, although she sensed a heavy sadness about the woman, she didn't mind. As delusional as she might have seemed to others, her treatment of everyone wouldn't change unless warranted. Cordelia would be the first to defend and protect anyone from bad actors. She was the cheerleader everyone needed every once in a while. That was just who Cordelia genuinely was.

@Fever
What a lovely character a;jd she's adopted.

Messages In This Thread
my anger will stain the morning sun - by Fever - 03-11-2022, 08:28 PM
RE: my anger will stain the morning sun - by Cordelia - 03-19-2022, 12:49 PM