Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- [P] Hungry dogs are never loyal

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Obsidian [PM] Posts: 189 — Threads: 28
Signos: 110
Night Court Battlemage
Male [Him/his/he]  |  Immortal [Year 500 Summer]  |  16.3 hh  |  Hth: 37 — Atk: 43 — Exp: 74  |    Active Magic: Shadow-Forging  |    Bonded: Thia (Shadow-creature)

tagged @Caelum

credit
1 / 2
tenebrae
let everything happen to you, beauty and terror, just keep going, no feeling is final

The hazy golden light of lit torches illuminating stalls, fought off the moonlight as it ran along the cobbled path. Light lived and breathed and swirled and danced over the path as hundreds of feet passed along between the vendors’ booths. Tenebrae moves with the tide. Though he has been released from his pledge as a monk and a soldier, there is no freeing him from a life which has ingrained the behaviour into him. So he passes every stall that gleams with jewels, mysterious wares, arts and magics and sweet foods. Children run around him with sugar coated lips, smiles widening their mouths. He does not look to any of them, but his shadows sweep in, a shawl about his shoulders, draping along his spine in perfect, veiling black. 

At the end of the row, pushed back, away from the fires, the dancing, the shouts of bartering, there is a line of stands. No, altars. Upon them are gifts to each of the five gods. There is only one that interests him and in ominous silence he walks to it. Jewels and foods and flowers all lie around her altar. He sees none of it. 

Tenebrae had not seen the stalls, the lights, the children, the trinkets, the altars… He sees, nothing. His silver eyes are sightless, filled brimful with Caligo’s punishing magic, bestowed upon him by his brothers. This was her curse upon a man who was supposed to love her and honour his brothers above all others. But the heart, he has learned, is a wayward thing. 

His shadows crawl to their creator’s altar, smother it in black. Like worship, like sorrow, like silent apologies. Before them Tenebrae stands sightless, trapped in the black of his own body. Always engulfed in his own darkness, his own shadows. In such darkness he can only think of her. That is why her monks took his sight. 

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 132 — Threads: 23
Signos: 6,637
Night Court Medic
Female [She/Her/Hers/We]  |  Immortal [Year 497 Spring]  |  15 hh  |  Hth: 32 — Atk: 28 — Exp: 70  |    Active Magic: Breath of Life  |    Bonded: Tiana (Soul-Spirit)

Caelum
I'm tugging at my hair
I'm pulling at my clothes
I'm tryna keep my cool
I know it shows
She moves peacefully through the crowds.

Her gaze is soft, smiling occasionally to those who know her, but she keeps her distance for the time being. She is moving peacefully, but she is also moving about with a sort of dis attachment. It's the only way she's getting through this festival that hurts her heart to watch the happy equine dancing about - knowing her people would have been delighted by such an event. Did the fae even celebrate anymore?

The unknowns for how her people where doing was by far the hardest part.

She looks around with a soft frown, her gaze quiet, peaceful despite the turmoil in her heart. Small flowers blossom around her hooves, the hycanith growing through out her mane in small bushels, trailing petals as she moves, just as much as she trails faerie dust. He catches her gaze after a moment, a still and silent form cloaked in black. Of course such a dark appearance would draw her eye - was it her way of always trying to spot any sort of remaking of her beloved Trey, the stallion of such dark origins, many couldn't fathom how it was possible for the two of them to have gone together.

Even now, she is aware her eye draws to those darker.

Tremaine. Calico. Vikander. Even Seb was a darker tone then her vibrant, lighter colors, like a spring day, bright and shining. Only Boleyn in his playful demeanor breaks that mold, friendly and poking at her buttons, as fiery as his personality. She doesn't think to hard on any such ideas. She'd written off romance long ago, after all; and even now she felt it largely hopeless. Something to forget, something to avoid. Odd how she forgets those desires when Seb approaches.

He had a magical presence.

One day such thoughts would haunt her memories. But for now she watches the cloaked figure approach the alters, shadows wrapping around Caligo, proving his allegiance. The medic herself was proud of her home in the Night Court, treasured Denocte above all else, but she had yet to imagine ever embracing the gods. Still his actions befuddled her and slowly the fae approached, steps light, wings folding against her spine, as she pauses a distance away to offer the other the comfort of her not being right over his shoulder. She valued personal space, and assumed others would too.

"Do forgive my intrusion . . ."

Her words are halting, uncertain, even as she tilts her head to the side, offering a kind smile that she is unaware he cannot see, "I do not mean to trouble you, but . . . I just wished to check to see if you were alright? My name is Caelum. Caelum Knoxx," The fae introduced herself. "Are . . . are you alright, sir?" Because something told the fae he likely was not.

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Tenebrae
Notes: She's just like 'is he . . . alright?'

I'm staring at my feet
My cheeks are turning red
I'm searching for the words inside my head
art by bingo