Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Fade to Black  - and to you I give my heart [ elain ]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Kaiju [PM] Posts: 11 — Threads: 2
Signos: 780
Vagabond Citizen
Male [he / him]  |  Immortal [Year 499 Fall]  |  23 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 18  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

YOUR PRAYERS ARE POISON
your pleasure is pain

So it had come down to this . To a bubbling fear that coursed in his veins with the thrum of anxiety , the looming immortality that threaded into his very bones . He didn't want this , and yet here he was again . Immortal . Cursed to live the lifetimes that he thought had shaken away from him at last , only for them to drop back onto his shoulders again . He loathes it , and somewhat fears it . Would he lose Elain now , too ? As he had lost everyone else ? As he had watched all of it burn away ?

He draws in a breath , and forces it out through his lips again , shaking his head a little before he lowers it , gently nosing in against the pale kirin's neck instead , closing all of his eyes as he focuses on her instead . On this moment . Now isn't the time to worry about the far future . The near future , maybe .

" You aren't scared ? " He won't hurt her , and he knows he won't . But he still wants to make sure she's okay with this , and it shows in the intricate way his wings touch her , gently pressing against her sides , wrapping around her , around both of them . He runs his muzzle with a gentleness against her neck , touching steely scales with tender lips , and exhaling slowly .

Ears flick back , and he feels his heavy tail lift , curling toward her , resting against her legs , a gentle tap . Another exhale , and the worries of his immortality melt away as his tongue loosens . As his world narrows down to just her . He doesn't have to fear what happens , not right now . It's all just ... them . Only them .

" I love you . " A murmur , soft and sweet , against her ears as he presses in close , letting her be aware of every inch of his entire frame . All encompassing . Protective . Possessive . Loving .

@Elain

Played by Offline Briallu [PM] Posts: 21 — Threads: 3
Signos: 1,440
Dusk Court Citizen
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  8 [Year 502 Winter]  |  16.2 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 21  |    Active Magic: Dark Matter Manipulation  |    Bonded: Eomer (Eastern Snow Dragon)

“How wonderful; how strange.
To be loved by something that hates all else.”

Had she been alone Elain would have been far more cautious than usual, especially given she could hear the sounds of water running over rocks; telling her that the ground could be unstable. Instead she is only her ''normal'' amount of cautious, careful in her steps and listening to the sounds around them. The thing she can hear the most though is the nervous beating in her chest, it's an all consuming sound in her ears that only goes away when Reliquary touches her neck.

His question makes her ears twitch, sensitive to the sounds of his voice. She smiles softly with a shake of her head while his wings wrap around to hide them both from the world. "No." Elain presses gently into him, a comfort and feeling of safety washes over her. "I'm never scared when I'm with you." An ear tips back when he touches her scales, slightly nervous that he'll somehow get hurt on the copper metal scattered over her. There's a deep feeling of peace and love, the pale kirin is sure that it's deep enough to rival the oceans.

Resting her head against him, her eyes closed, and breathes deeply. She makes the deliberate decision to mimic his tail's action with her own, gently tapping it against him. Elain stills for a moment when he says that he loves her, freezing at the words with the feeling that time has simply stopped for her. Reliquary has pinpointed that feeling that's been bubbling up in her chest since the first second. Opening her eyes the albino turns her face towards where she's sure his is. "And I love you Reliquary, my giant dragon."

"Talk."
Thoughts
Eomer

Tags » @Reliquary
Voice » Lily Collins
OOC » I'M SO SORRY THIS IS SO SHORT AND ADSJH

Mild force & magic permitted within reason
Gather courage like wildflowers

Played by Offline Kaiju [PM] Posts: 11 — Threads: 2
Signos: 780
Vagabond Citizen
Male [he / him]  |  Immortal [Year 499 Fall]  |  23 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 18  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

YOUR PRAYERS ARE POISON
your pleasure is pain

Love is a fickle thing ; Reliquary has felt it only twice in his entire existence spanning millennia after millennia . This is something new once more . It never feels the exact same , and with it , this time , comes the fierce bubble of protection that sits in his belly and veins .

An exhale , and he runs his muzzle along her neck softly , touching lips against hardened scales . They don't hurt him and he doubts they ever will . What will hurt , he knows , is if his immortality sticks to his bones again and does not leave him . He had been content without it , and now with it back , he wants to love and spend what time he can with Eirene .

A swallow , and he noses in closer , pressing kisses against her neck and nape , maneuvering himself . " Don't ever forget how much I love you ... please . " He's lost so much that for a moment , he falls wholly vulnerable to her , just as he gets closer to her . He won't forget her , and if he has to scour the lands in an effort to find immortality for her as well ? For their family ? He will .

--- FADE TO BLACK TIME ---

@Elain