Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - From the skies above

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline nickel [PM] Posts: 1 — Threads: 1
Signos: 230
Night Court Peddler
Female [she/her/hers]  |  6 [Year 504 Winter]  |  16.2 hh  |  Hth: 14 — Atk: 6 — Exp: 10  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

RHEA
"I am, in the end, exactly what you made me."

She supposed they were imperfections, those marks, but they didn't feel that way to her; they were a history, cut into his body: the map of a life of endless war.

Many months had passed since the fall of her previous life which left the dark maiden on the hunt. A search for something to call her own once more and perhaps find a little meaning to the thing they call life. Things had changed and time moves on as it always does taking no prisoners. Who you once were matters not to the hands of time, you either adapt or die trying to survive in the unforgiving darkness that consumes its unsuspecting prey whole. Too many had fallen victim to their own downfalls and mistakes yet her she was flying high above the rest. A soul that refused to bend and be shaped by the tragedy of it all. There were much more important things on the girl's mind then to just lay belly up be consumed like so many others, surrendering was no option she would ever consider. 

Blackened wings carried the fae through the darkening clouds while the wind howled about swaying her course here and there as it willed. There was no destination in her mind so she fought the currents as her icy optics scanned the lands many miles below her searching for something to pull her from the skies. The chilly air sent shivers down her spine and it wasn't long before she felt her wings growing heavy from the added moisture the wind drew in from afar. A storm was beginning to blow in from what she could only assume was the frigid bodies of water she had glimpsed upon earlier that day. Stretching her wings out into a glide she began her descent from the clouds in search of shelter and perhaps some warmth to get her through yet another night.

Touching down brought with it a shower of icy particles as her wings finally gave way to let her long legs take over the burden of her sleek frame. Shaking herself to rid herself of the ice she turned her eyes to her surroundings scanning every last detail until she was sure that she was alone. A soft sigh escaped her lips as her posture relaxed slightly and her wings folded into place at her sides. One could never be certain as to what they might be dropping into especially with the impending darkness, it was vital to always be on your toes in a matter of speaking. 

A creek bubbled nearby as the wind blew through the few trees that managed to grow a few meters away. For now things seemed at ease but it was still a gamble to guess at what mighe be lurking around the next corner. Dropping her head to allow her lips to touch the surface of the cold water she drew in a few gulps shivering as the frigid liquid passed down her throat. This could be a long night.

eirianstock@deviantart

Played by Offline nastyalicorn [PM] Posts: 37 — Threads: 8
Signos: 2,210
Day Court Entertainer
Female [she / her / hers]  |  9 [Year 501 Summer]  |  16 hh  |  Hth: 7 — Atk: 13 — Exp: 33  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

temptable2
rip and smash through the hornet's nest

do you understand I deserve the best?

but you'll do what I want, do what i please

and do it again til I get what I Need
Indeed, one could never know what kind of trouble they would be dropping into.

Fever would be admiring the black bird from afar, her scent enticing on the wind of a promising storm. Envy would taint her stare, her mouth fixed in a straight line, cold despite her Solterian blood coursing through her veins. The outlands were full of dastardly creatures: rouges, thieves, pillagers. All heathens, all forsaken.

But not Fever, she was just dancer, an entertainer for those who chose to make their home in the shadows. They were inspiration for her wicked arsenal, though their words cut like razors and their eyes were loaded guns, she would always smile in their company, flirting with chance that they might turn their blades to her.

She welcomed their knives.

But this woman didn’t seem rough around the edges, and as the abstract viper would snake her way closer, unafraid of being heard or spotted. The bells on her leg would chime with her arrival, glittering and molten eyes curious at the shape of this stranger.

“I’m jealous,” she announced, her voice leaving her mouth like a wisp of smoke as she scrutinized the fractal pattern on the mare’s underside. “How freeing it must be to spread your wings and go anywhere you wish?”

Freedom was all Fever wanted – she just wasn’t sure what it looked like or when she would know she had achieved it. Her rage weighs her down, and she would never be free from it.

@Rhea
CODE IMAGE

[Image: 45505141_kShAGp5UVRG2Lvt.png]

i am a forest fire; i am the fire and i am the forest
and i am a witness watching it