Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - A message in a bottle

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Chaosy [PM] Posts: 77 — Threads: 21
Signos: 35
Dusk Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  11 [Year 500 Spring]  |  17 hh  |  Hth: 12 — Atk: 8 — Exp: 24  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Neema (Maned Wolf)

Pure of Heart

She had stepped out of her safe place, left the forge behind. And the simple knowledge of that fact was overwhelming to the mare. She was eight years old and felt more lost than she had at four. That terrified the mare as she took to the skies to escape the memories of her past. The memories that haunted her in Dusk. Not that she would leave her beloved court, but she needed to have the push to get through them. To realize that she was still on her path even though she was no longer the mare that she had been when she seemed to be getting everything she dreamed of. 

The skies were cold, the bite a welcome distraction from the turmoil in her mind. She left Neema at home, not particularly wanting to watch over the youthful canid when she was trying to find peace and something new. Her strong wings beat through the thinner air, giving Uzi a momentary surge of happiness. There was peace and power in the fact that she was able to fly and use the muscles without having to train to be the warrior she once was. Seeing a clearing next to a river, she angled down and landed.

This was definitely not dusk, that much was certain. Gazing about her with chocolate eyes, she moved to the river to take a drink of the icy waters. The cold was shocking, enough that she managed to give herself a small moment of pain with a brain freeze. Groaning, she shook her head. 

Once the shock was gone, she pulled out a small bottle. Uzuri had taken the time to write the chaotic emotions and thoughts that were swirling within her heart and rolled them into a small package that fit into the glass. Dropping it into the water, she let loose a breath. "I am not asking to forget… just to let the memories not hurt as much…" She murmured toward the heavens, not even sure who she was speaking to at that point. Anyone… She had plead with the gods for any measure of peace with the changes that she had returned to find. 

Once the bottle had disappeared down the rapids, she stood and closed her eyes as she let herself breathe through the myriad of emotions. The pain, the longing, the hope that had been crushed. That was what she was trying to let go of. It was time to find herself anew, to become more than she was currently. Heaven knew that her current state was basically that of a recluse. 

"Uzuri"
"Neema"
@Torielle
Notes: <3

Played by Offline Scapeh [PM] Posts: 65 — Threads: 8
Signos: 675
Dawn Court Scholar
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  8 [Year 502 Fall]  |  16 hh  |  Hth: 16 — Atk: 4 — Exp: 20  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

TORIELLE

It's only me who wants to wrap around your dreams

The icy grip of winter dug deep into the spring, holding on with every last fibre of it’s being. Though the season had begun to change, the atmosphere clung to frost until the noon sun could disperse the chill. It seemed spring in Novus, true spring, would still be a week or so off. Torielle was simply grateful to see grass again, even if it continued to be dusted in fragile crystals each morning.

Delumine had been her home for the last few years, and all the while she had done very little to explore it, nevermind the world beyond its borders. While the strange encounter she’d had  at the end of winter was nearly forgotten, it had spurred in her a desire to travel, to seek more knowledge of the land she had been thrust into. It had occurred to the mare that she’d been afraid to become comfortable, that by intimately knowing the world she would have been relinquishing all ties to her former life. The wheels had been set in motion, even if she hadn’t wanted to acknowledge them, and now she needed to do something about it. 

Her dark pistons carried her across the Viride, the only part of the Dawn Court she felt at ease in. Rarely did her path take her to the edges of the treeline, and that was something she intended to change. The mare had heard the roar of the river long before she had seen the break in the foliage that indicated it’s presence ahead. The trees thinned, almost as if an artist had carved away room for the water to flow undisturbed, a hefty border of earth on either side of the feature. 

As the woman emerged from the forest, Torielle spotted a figure upstream.  At this distance she could not make out stallion or mare, but their build was hardy and they carried with them wings for flight. Their coat was unusual, a sort of bright blue branching from their topline across their neck and flank, breaking up the otherwise monochromatic colouring. The mare watched as the figure seemed to drop something to the roiling depths, speaking to themselves, or to their god, before returning to stationary. 

The antlered woman made a careful approach, the sound of bells in her antlers and rustling coins likely dulled by the sounds of the river. She stopped a cordial distance from the figure, who she could now tell was a mare. The winged mare appeared exhausted; whatever she had been doing seemed to have taken a toll on her. 

“Spring seems a little late in coming, doesn’t it?” Torielle inquired gently, hoping this neutral point of conversation would be welcome.

"Speech." | @Uzuri

art by the-day-of-shadow character by scapeh table by sunny

Dusk Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  11 [Year 500 Spring]  |  17 hh  |  Hth: 12 — Atk: 8 — Exp: 24  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Neema (Maned Wolf)

Pure of Heart

The voice was gentle, making the former warrior turn with a smile rather than a more withdrawn facade. "Definitely… though I find that the odd in between of seasons invigorating. It is too warm for true winter, but too cool for true spring. I can always feel the new life begging to break free and it makes me feel like I can make changes and move forward better." She answered, shaking her head. 

Taking a moment to look at the other, she took in the beautiful face and the striking antlers. "Where are my manners? I am Uzuri." She introduced herself with a smile, warm chocolate eyes traveling over the other mare as she familiarized herself with her features. 

"Do you belong to Dawn?" She asked softly, trying to strike up conversation. She had been a hermit for too long, too withdrawn from the world since she had returned. This was her time to push herself back into the civilized world.

"Uzuri"
"Neema"
@Torielle

Dawn Court Scholar
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  8 [Year 502 Fall]  |  16 hh  |  Hth: 16 — Atk: 4 — Exp: 20  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

TORIELLE

The pegasi appeared to welcome the conversation, turning her attention to the smaller mare with a gentle demeanor. Torielle nodded her agreement to the woman’s statement about the liminal space between seasons being a rather freeing existence. At this distance she could see now that the branching she had noted earlier was more akin to intricate tattoos, a delicate sky blue that matched several of the woman’s flight feathers. 

Curiosity begged the scholar to ask if she was some warrior queen or otherwise high ranking individual, but her manners held her tongue. Like the piercing that looped through the mares own nares signaled to others her status as a devotee of Gaia, there had been others of her homeland that adorned themselves in ritualistic ink to denote their standing within the guard or other such pursuits that required a razor sharp mind as much as honed strength. She had to remind herself that not all customs were like those she was used to, and it would be impolite to probe into the woman’s past so quickly. 

Instead, she offered a smile and a bright laugh, the bells woven through her antlers swaying merrily. “I suppose so, yes,” she answered. “It is where I spend my days recently, and I’ve not traveled anywhere else, so in that sense I would say I belong to Dawn.” 

The mare bowed her head slightly, a gesture of respect. “You may call me Torielle,” she said, lifting her deep blue pools to the winged woman as she righted herself. “It is a pleasure to meet you, Uzuri. I take it you are from one of the surrounding lands?” 

"Speech." | @Uzuri

Dusk Court Sovereign

Pure of Heart

The mare was striking and soothing in presence to the blacksmith. This was what she hoped to come to find when she was getting out of her forge and becoming the mare that she was growing to be. Shaking her multi-colored locks, Uzi settled comfortably and offered a smile to the other.

"I can understand that. I have been rather reclusive of late, preferring my forge to the world beyond the doors." She laughed, enjoying the sound of the bells ringing. 

The bow made Uzi blush, warmth staining the flesh under her pale features. "I am from Dusk. I was a warrior once, but recently have shifted to creating things in the forge. It has been an interesting transition, though it is allowing me to work through things that have plagued me since I was young." She explained, her words honest. "Oh! And it is a pleasure to meet you as well. It is nice to get out of my home and find a friendly face to converse with."

She tilted her head slightly as she gazed warmly at the mare. "What do you like to do with your days, Torielle?" Uzi asked, sincerely wanting to get to know the other better. 

"Uzuri"
"Neema"
@Torielle

Dawn Court Scholar

TORIELLE

The mare was pleased to see the faint pink hues colour the woman’s cheeks. Torielle did enjoy providing a bit of flattery, even if it was only in simple gestures like the one she had provided Uzuri. She was sure that if she spoke aloud of the pegasi’s beauty that her reaction would be much the same, if not tenfold. The woman must not have been used to the attention, or the respect. Perhaps it was a bit much for a first meeting between strangers, but the antlered creature did not know of a better way to make acquaintances. She had learned to show respect to everyone she met, until proven such niceties might be unwise. 

The image of Jarek, stoic, looming before her, proclaiming all the future had foretold of them, flashed before her eyes. She held the grimace from her face, but the expression would surely reach her eyes. Though it was in her nature to be polite, to give the benefit of the doubt to strangers (one never knew when they were in the presence of a wandering deity or creature of great power after all) perhaps she would be more careful with such things in the future. She’d hoped that her encounter with the stallion was merely a fluke. Her pelt shivered as a stiff breeze blew the visage of the obsidian man away. 

Uzuri was speaking of her life among the Dusk court, as first a warrior and then as a smith, a creator with fire and metal. The doe listened, tilting her head to one side slightly in curiosity. 

“I come from a tribe of artisans,” she spoke, “But I never had much skill for the craft myself. It takes a soul of a certain kind of mettle to forge things. Patience, resilience, strength of both body and mind. Your choice in occupation speaks volumes of your virtues, Uzuri.” The mare offered a warm smile to the woman before her. 

“These days,” Torielle chuckled. “These days I wish for the warmer weather. I am not from Novus, so I’ve been spending my time familiarizing myself with the lands of Delumine. Though I must admit, I have spent much more time among the trees and woodland creatures than I have the city and its people.” She bowed her head, looking away, a bit abashed. 

“It really is something I should rectify. And I intend to. I here there’s some festival set to take place once spring is fully in bloom and I mean to attend. Hopefully to have a better understanding not only for the denizens of Dawn, but for the other courts as well.” The mare lifted her gaze and gave the pegasi woman a bright smile. 

“If the rest of Dusk are anything like yourself, I’m sure they will prove to be quite pleasant to get to know.” 

"Speech." | @Uzuri

Dusk Court Sovereign

Pure of Heart

The words from the other mare made her blush further, her head dipping to her chest. "I can’t say that I have thought about crafting like that. Makes it seem more beautiful and less… i dont know… I dont see metalworkers that are mares as often, so I always fear that I will lose that side of myself." She laughed softly as she shook her head. 

At the change in the other mare, Uzi offered her a warm smile. "Being by yourself doesn’t make you less of a member of a court. I have found that there is a shadow of loneliness in those that have been in Novus since birth. A court should be made of unique individuals. Of those that fill different corners and make the court as a whole. If I know Cally, I am sure she thinks similarly at least. Though… her mate is a whole different bundle of chaos. Darn stag is a handful on a good day. Not sure that it is a better change than when he was the arrogant stallion." She snorted softly, thinking fondly of her brother and the chaos he tended to bring into everyone’s lives.

She beamed at Tori, taking a deep breath. "I can’t speak for them all, but those that I have had to have the pleasure to know are usually good souls. I am so very pleased to have met you as well. A good friend is something that is a challenge to find and something that should be cherished. I have been rather reclusive lately, so my time out is rather scattered." She laughed again before realizing that she was babbling. Yeah… she tended to do that when she was feeling uncertain. Definitely something to work on as she got herself out of the forge more often.

"Uzuri"
"Neema"
@Torielle
Notes: Sorry about delay love <3