Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Don't threaten me with a good time

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Scapeh [PM] Posts: 75 — Threads: 6
Signos: 645
Night Court Medic
Male [He/Him/His]  |  11 [Year 499 Winter]  |  18 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 22  |    Active Magic: N/A & N/A  |    Bonded: Noor (Irish Elk)

G A R E T H

The distance between the plains to the base of the mountains had taken almost twice what Gareth had thought it would be. Partially because he kept stopping to gather herbs along their path, knowing full well that he’d need them to help keep Pangaea reasonably comfortable and infection free if she’d allow him close enough to her wounds. Noor had been healing well, though it looked like his hind quarters would scar in ugly knots. The elk had already expressed this displeasure with his companion, but the stallion had decided not to pass that information down the line. The mare already felt out of sorts and that knowledge would do her no good anyhow. 

At least I think my foliage will grow back in. Perhaps the lichen will cover most of it, if I’m lucky. Noor craned his head back to itch at a particularly red looking patch of healing flesh, letting the fingers of his antlers do most of the work for him. 

Gareth looked at him in annoyance, but said nothing. Noor was healing well enough; he was less concerned about the state of his wounds than the ones of the mare who drifted lazily above his head. It had been days and while the stallion had done his best to fetch small animals for Pangaea, he still hadn’t built up enough trust for her to allow him to touch her legs. At least she was keeping them clean, which was becoming easier as they neared the mountains, frost and snow beginning to accumulate. 

As if summoned by his thoughts of her, the large frame of the winged woman began to descend, wide circles at first, then tightening up as she neared the ground. Gareth stopped short, trying to gauge how much room she would need to land comfortably in front of them. Thankfully, he hadn’t needed to get her attention to call her down and she had come on her own. It must have been part of her lineage or some sort of unknown magic that allowed her to speak at great distances- Gareth held no such ability and so trying to attract her while she was in flight had proved to be troublesome at best. A smooth landing it was not as her legs buckled under the sudden stress; this was precisely why he had wanted her to walk in the first place. 

As if reading his mind (or perhaps just the concerned expression on his face) she spoke immediately to reassure him, her tone gruff. He shook his head, chuckling at her bravado. 

Noor gave him a quizzical look.  She does understand how medicine works, right, Gareth? The words were pressed to the stallions mind with the tone of disbelief and annoyance. He waved the thoughts off with a flick of his audits and turned his attention to Pangaea, as she had managed to right herself and was making her way towards him. 

He cast his gaze skyward and in the shadow of the mountain he could see the clouds she spoke of. Thick, gray beasts that promised to be laden with snow. He frowned, watching as they moved across the sky in a deceptively slow current. It was likely that it would begin to snow as they reached the peak of their trail, if not before then. “They can get bad,” he said, returning his amber pools to the mare. “Let us hope that this is not one of them.” 

Unlikely. The elk’s thoughts pressed to the stallion’s mind once more. You know how the winter gets, Gareth.  Noor shook his pelt, stepping anxiously. Listen, I’m fine for the time being. I’m already walking far better than I was, and I can walk trails that you and her,  he flicked his hot gaze to the predator mare, Can’t. I can meet you at the base of the mountain on the other side ,if not at home, before that storm sets in if I travel on my own.

Gareth turned his attention to his friend, mulling this over for a long moment before finally nodding. “Alright,” he relented. “If you are sure.” He moved over to the elk and carefully bent his large head over the creature’s shoulders, pulling him to a short embrace, mumbling, “Be careful, friend.” 

The stallion released the cervidae from his grip and stepped away, nodding once more before turning back to Pangaea who seemed to be surveying the area with uncertainty, her posture alert. “Yes, lets. You and I have a long way ahead of us. Noor is going to take his own path, and he knows this mountain as well as I, if not better. He will meet with us again at our journey’s conclusion.” 

The earther brute then turned his attention to several mountain passes in front of them. A lot of trails on the Arma were false trails, leading to dead ends forcing you to circle back in the best circumstances. They would lead you right off a cliff at their worst. He chose a well-worn and fairly wide trail, motioning for the mare to follow him. It was the path that he took when he was in need of a long walk. Though it was not his preferred trail, it would be gentle enough on the injured woman and that would suffice for now. He did his best to discreetly clear large stones and branches from in front of them so that her discomfort on the uneven ground would be lessened. 

"Speech" | Noor | @Pangaea |

Messages In This Thread
Don't threaten me with a good time - by Pangaea - 01-23-2022, 01:04 AM
RE: Don't threaten me with a good time - by Gareth - 01-26-2022, 01:12 AM