Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Interactive Quest  - Lay Your Head Down And Stay Awhile [Private]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 22 — Threads: 4
Signos: 15
Dusk Court Entertainer
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 502 Spring]  |  14.3 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 21  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Rosario (Rose Hivemind)

swallowed up in the sound of my screaming
cannot cease for the fear of silent nights
oh, how i long for the deep sleep dreaming
the goddess of imaginary light

Valan always held a sort of . . . trepidation when it came to her little flower, and somewhere down in her heart she'd taken to considering the little flower as hers. Her friend. Her treasured friend who would brave the lion to thee the thorn in her paw and free her of the pain her existence caused her. Perhaps one would humor it was a fang in her paw. But, there was always that sense of worry, that one day Thomasin would see her for the monster her species was. Would cast her away from her, sentence her to loneliness once more.

Would she hold still if Thomasin was the one aiming the stake to her heart?

What Valan had no way of knowing was that it wasn't just her status as an undead bloodsucker that brought worry to the little flower. But Valan herself that was the cause of the doe's hesitation. In another life time, would they have caved to this unparalleled attraction. When even in Valan's youth, Rafie hadn't stuttered her heart like Thomasin did. Rafie, sweet Rafie that she had grown up with, promised to run away with. Was like a forgotten sentence amongst a saga where Thomasin had been cast the lead.

Did the doe think on how she effected the lion? How the moonspun eyes gleamed into Valan's memories, like her own promised touch of moonlight. Or the way Thomasin's carefully controlled curls made Valan ache with the need to pull them free, and bury her face to see if the baker's scent would be more thickly buried there. Would she still smell of herbs and bread fresh from the oven, and flour. Or in those bound back waves, was there a hidden treasure trove of scents just out of Valan's reach.

Did the little flower know how her lean, delicate body, with the flora growing from her song like Valan's own personal Garden of Eden? Who needed Heaven, when you'd found the promised land in soulful eyes, and a shy, tender smile.

Valan was so careful to keep these thoughts at bay, even as she speaks about Rosario, introducing the two with a fondness for the rose plant, but the thoughts are never far from her mind, a constant wondering of where such emotions had bubbled up from the delicate dame with an oasis in her chest, "I think you're beautiful." The words come without forethought and immediately the vampiress is struck by what just left her muzzle; as her head snaps up, briefly hoping she'd spoken too low to be over heard, searching for a way to spin it around and save face before she is buried by the weight of embarrassment, "You're kindness shines for you to think so." It's not the best save, but playing it off as a response to the compliment seemed the safest bet.

She'd explore her outburst later. Instead she continued to focus on Rosario, even if her gaze would trail to the interactions between the two. Unfortunately, the address of her cloak soon becomes a point of conversation, and Valan head ducks with shame as the cloak hiding the wounds from the sun are exposed. The whispered breath against her ear causes her to suck in a breath, but she nods as she buries the attraction down further, "I'm sorry to cause you alarm . . ." She returns in a whisper, lifting her face, her soft rose eyes turning towards the smaller mare, her muzzle bumping against Thomasin's gently - ever so lightly, before she turns her head to observe the heatened, chapped skin, burnt and split and "It shall heal soon enough. It is not the first time I've attempted to outwit the sun."

She smiles however as Rosario is the one who is playfully told to keep an eye on her, but it is the possessive touch of 'our lady' that has Valan's chest suddenly feeling tight. Through that bond the image of soldier at attention, affirmative acceptance of orders are sent, even as one vine salutes at the top of the rose's petals, "He has accepted your order as if you were his general." She muses softly, as she watches Thomasin hang the cloak, and even as the mare returns to her previous spot, Valan is already missing her presence beside her. Would it be too forward to stand and approach her, to sit beside her.

Yes, most likely. So instead the vampire continues the conversation, smiling gently with a nod, "We have received an invitation at the manor. I plan to attend once the sun has set." Her gaze pierces across the distance, her long lashes hooded over pale pink eyes, "If you intend to take part in the bonfire and dance - perhaps you could save me one?" She asks softly, a faint smile to her muzzle, "I'd be sure to attend if I was permitted time to spend with you, little flower." Where had that moment of bravery come from - she could only pray it wasn't her undoing.

@Thomasin
in my field of paper flowers
and candy clouds of lullaby
i lie inside myself for hours
and watch my purple sky fly over me
x | x

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lay Your Head Down And Stay Awhile [Private] - by Valan - 03-05-2022, 04:39 PM