Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Interactive Quest  - Lay Your Head Down And Stay Awhile [Private]

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 22 — Threads: 4
Signos: 15
Dusk Court Entertainer
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 502 Spring]  |  14.3 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 21  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Rosario (Rose Hivemind)

swallowed up in the sound of my screaming
cannot cease for the fear of silent nights
oh, how i long for the deep sleep dreaming
the goddess of imaginary light

When was the last time she felt excitement like this, not including when Thomasin had so indeed stated she was not a monster? But while Thomasin gave her butterflies and made her feel alive again . . . Rosario was home. He was everything she had left of who she was. And to feel his consciousness start to rise, to feel his touch gently probe her mind, the soft movements of his vines climbing up her leg, over her shoulder, wrapping around the curls of her hair. The nuzzle of his petals against her neck and the quiet hum of contentment as he slowly woke up.

It was odd to think he was so much more than just a flower. But rather a creature that had been formed through the tragedy of the fire that had ransacked her ancestral home. He was all that was left of her, her beloved Rafie, her parents, everything before that fateful night . . . when she had died among a bed of flames and smoke. Even now, when the fire is open, more significant than the flicker of a candle, she gets antsy. Bonfires were a desperate fear that would leave her heart pounding against her ribcage if it still moved.

Would Thomasin smooth her hair and promise her it would be okay if she saw that side of the delicate vampire. Or is Thomasin merely counting the ways to hurt her, to turn on her . . . no, her little blossom was nothing like that, a flower beginning to bud, but she knew Thomasin's soul was more pure and beautiful than the rarest rose in the world. She couldn't deny the desire to approach, to show her Rosario, to introduce her to her bonded. One day she'd do the same when her master came home from his travels, eagerly introduce the two most important people in her life to one another. And so, she knocked upon the door.

Valan hears the soft movement, almost imagine that her favorite flower was peering through a peep hole, and removing her hood so as to not frighten the lost lamb she had taken to calling her own. A creature so pure, so innocent; at times Valan felt dastardly for claiming her friendship.

A brief call of 'Just a minute!' had a small smile touching the slender vampiress's muzzle, and she could only assume she'd startled Thomasin with her arrival. Not that the little dove could have been prepared. In fact, Valan herself had braved more than just reject by approaching. Even now, with the light of the evening, she could feel the sting of heat against her face, and she carefully shifted herself further into the shade, out of the rays.

The door suddenly unlocks, and Valan forgets to think as a nymph greets her, hair wild even in it's braid, perfect in all of her inperfections. A sudden desire to sweep the little flower close and hug her until time could stop fills the vampire and she stomps such a desire down. The whisper of her name was nearly her undoing. So long of being alone, how was one small creature able to make her still, and dead heart flutter anew. "Oh, little flower, you should know. Not even the sunlight could keep me from you." Her words were soft, teasing, gentle, ignoring the fact she had literally braved the sun to travel to her, had hiked the mountain, crossed the lands when the sun was at it's zenith, just to see this little creature.

Suddenly she wished she'd come sooner, but fear was a taxing demon and it had weighed heavy upon her thoughts. That Thomasin wouldn't be happy to see her. That she'd come this way to find Thomasin busy, put out by her interruption. In rare moments that told her all too well of what this fondness for the small mare was, she feared she'd come upon Thomasin hosting another, wrapped in their embrace, and laughing at her distraught face. She knew, in her heart; none of these reactions would be the real Thomasin . . but fear and anxiety could ruin one's mood with just the wrong 'what if' delivered at the worst moment.

She gave into temptation, her muzzle brushing against the cheek of the coffee-stained flower, wiping those tears from her eyes, "I'd have come sooner, had I known I would make you cry. I'm sorry." Her words were more sincere, more soft and gentle upon her precious treasure, before she smiled to see Thomasin look towards the flower. Valan shifted, silently encouraging the flower. As Thomasin stepped aside, Valan gently walked through the threshold as permission was given, even as the vampire smiled, her fangs carefully hidden, a closed lipped smile, "No need, I should be alright. The setting sun isn't as dangerous as the sun at it's highest point. As long as I avoid being in direct light, I should be alright."

She chose to keep her cloak in place, to obscure the red patchy bits of skin, from where the sun had touched her in her mad dash out to Rosario's plot in the garden early that morning. Even the slight tinge of pink to her cheek was proof of the sun's effects however, the risk she'd taken to see Thomasin now. The risk her heart was already aware she'd take again. The apology was cute, and Valan took the moment to look around, even as she settled down in the comfortable, homey atmosphere, her gaze soft, "It's alright. I like it, your home is . . . well, warm and comfortable . . . like you are, Thomasin."

Her attention turned then, as she gently prodded the little flower, "Come now Rosario, I know you're still tired, but I have someone I wish for you to meet." Sleepy vines lifted slowly, wrapping around her muzzle, the largest of the roses separating from the bunch as it clung to her face. Valan gently set him down at her folded knees, and the little flower seemed to lift slightly with his vines as limbs, the flower opening a little more with each moment he grew more awake, more aware. There was a soft reach of one vine, gently reaching out to the odd creature his bonded wanted him to meet, "Rosario, this is one of my dearest friends; Thomasin. Flower, I'd like you to meet my bonded, Rosario." The rose seemed to shake, and despite having no face or head, it obviously turned back towards Valan in surprise before turning once more to the one he was being introduced to.

He sluggishly moved, still obviously tired, before he merely wrapped himself briefly around the leg of the little mare his bonded was apparently taken with, nuzzling his petals against her in greeting, before happily returning right back to Valan's embrace. "You'll have to forgive him, he's still not fully awake yet." Valan added apologetically. "I am sure you have many questions."

@Thomasin
in my field of paper flowers
and candy clouds of lullaby
i lie inside myself for hours
and watch my purple sky fly over me
x | x

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lay Your Head Down And Stay Awhile [Private] - by Valan - 01-26-2022, 01:46 PM