Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - We always start with good intentions but lose ourselves along the way

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Briallu [PM] Posts: 14 — Threads: 4
Signos: 10
Night Court Citizen
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  15 [Year 495 Fall]  |  17 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 21  |    Active Magic: Clairvoyance  |    Bonded: N/A

It always seems to be like this in the beginning; she talks the most. When she was younger her first words were almost always in the tones of pure concern or a honey sweet introduction, everyone was her friend, everything was peaceful, and she existed in a world of nothing but flower fields. Now that she's older though Io has a tendency to open with statements, an introduction, and (of course) her ever present concern for others; she dances around in the same way except now it's just to a different tune.

A curled ear twitches in interest at his words, she would have expected someone in Novus to be upset about her yelling at Gods. Something between a scoff and a laugh escapes from her lips at the idea of the statues having souls. "It wouldn't matter if someone was around a deities statue, soul or not no God wants to answer anyone. You could beg for your life and they'd let you bleed out, it's just how they all are. None of them..." She pauses for a moment and the images of Atara, Acrux, and Hemanta come to her. "Rather the majority of them don't care from my experience." She knows how jaded she sounds, how atheistic she sounds, and it's right. At this point Io has given up on trying to follow another God, her homelands Goddess had rejected her, Hemanta had abandoned her, and only Acrux had seemed to be the one who cared for her. In Elysium when she began to die he had taken her into the sky's, made her a constellation, yet he had also granted her just enough strength to come back from the brink and to walk out of those lands where immortality had cursed her. Curled ears tip back in frustration and she shakes her head with a groan "Ignore me and the ramblings of an old jaded mare." At his name she gives a gentle smile, grateful for the shift away from her frustration with the almighty powers that be. "A pleasure to meet you Liseli." Io's tone has shifted into a kinder one, an aged and somewhat tired softness is hidden somewhere in it.

Golden eyes watch him carefully, waiting for some kind of answer to her curiosity about his age. Instead of a simple answer he gives her a philosophical statement that both surprises and amuses her. In the deep back of her mind though it puts a bit on edge, she's beginning to feel that this pegasus is a bit too perceptive. He may see too much and she's not exactly ready for a stranger to give her the same treatment she had gotten from Luvena. "So you are philosophical scholar it appears? And at such a young age too." Io's brow furrows as she thinks for a moment of her own age, somewhere along the way she'd forgotten how many years she's existed. Truly it hadn't been that long but after her last bout of immortality she just stopped counting. "If I recall correctly my body is twelve though I have been around for longer, too many run ins with immortality to keep track I suppose." She's still thinking about how old she really is when Liseli's mention of the cliff stops her breath for a second before a laugh that she can't stop forces itself from her chest. "Lemmings you say? Well...One day I'll be one. I'll tell you a secret Liseli, one that only a friend far away knows. I already know how I die and it's at the bottom of a cliff." Her tone, face, and eyes are far too serious for it to be a joke. She's known since she left Isilme, the moment she went through The Nethien Passage she'd seen it. In every land she'd gone if she had her clairvoyance she'd see it; granted she isn't even sure she has magic here but if she does she knows it's a matter of time. Everywhere she went that future followed her, at the bottom of a cliff with someone she loved standing above. Io doesn't know if they kill her or if she just jumps off of it. "Someone will kill me or I will do it, I don't know which yet but I know I'll find my way below a cliff one day. Maybe I'll be immortal when it happens and be 200 years old, maybe it'll be tomorrow, or maybe I'll change that fate; though I doubt I can change it given how long I've known about it. I suspect I'll begin to slip out of reality like my father and that will be the reason for my death." Io knows that she's simply talking now, he hasn't asked anything but she'd be the first to admit that she's needed to get that off her chest for a while. The gold mare can't help but chuckle at the thought of herself as a lemming. "A lemming...If that is my future than a lemming I shall be." She means it more for herself while she looks out over the cliff but it's loud enough that Liseli would also hear it, she doesn't look at him for some time.

She finally looks at him when he offers to take a walk with her to see the bottom and Io smiles with a nod. "This golden lemming would enjoy that, I am never one to turn down company. Should we go down the short way or the long way?" Maybe it's in bad taste to joke about her eventual demise but if Arcann isn't here to laugh with her she'll have to see if Liseli would laugh with her. "After you kind Liseli, I've rambled enough that at least you won't have to hear me if you're in the front."

"Talk."
IO'S NATIVE LANGUAGE, HOVER OVER ME
Thoughts
Chandrakant

Tags » @Liseli
Voice » Liv Tyler as Arwen
OOC » <3

Roaming through this darkness I'm alive, but I'm alone
And part of me is fighting this but part of me is gone

Mild force & magic permitted within reason
Io's moon marking is on her left hip only and her burn scar on her right shoulder
I sing in Greek and I pray in Latin,
I ache in a language so old that even the earth no longer remembers; 
so dead that it has returned to dust.

Messages In This Thread
RE: We always start with good intentions but lose ourselves along the way - by Io Kairavi - 04-25-2022, 12:17 AM