Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Changes and Challenges

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Thread Modes

Played by Offline Chaosy [PM] Posts: 76 — Threads: 15
Signos: 0
Night Court Medic
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  8 [Year 502 Summer]  |  16 hh  |  Hth: 8 — Atk: 12 — Exp: 33  |    Active Magic: Body-Water Manipulation  |    Bonded: N/A

Pol wasn’t as naive as she had once been. She knew that Bel was not saying something with the delay. But, the little mare wasn’t going to push it. Probably because she didn’t want to hear what the truth would have been. Her mother would probably have forced her in a different direction. Heck, she might not have ever thought of it had the past not happened. Instead, she smiled at the unusual serpent and the teasing relationship that the pair had. "I believe it is only troublesome if you are opposed to the behavior." She teased.

The words from her sister were unexpected, though welcomed. She pressed closer to her sister as she listened, letting herself breathe in the familiar scent. "Jiri?" She asked softly when Bel was done, her words still shaky. She wasn’t ready to address the rest of it, that mama’s death wasn’t her fault. Even with the reassurances, she still doubted.

Pol frowned softly. "She sounds similar to Caligo… but different. You say she gave you the magic that you’re so strong with. Would she gift any magic related to healing?" She asked softly, frowning as she remembered the sparkles in the youth’s blood.

Pol gave her sister a soft smile, laughing softly. "It is hard to stop when you know that you are so opposite of what your people wanted you to be. I am trying, I really am." She answered, pushing the emotional turmoil deep within her and breathing slowly.

Pol snorted at her sister’s words regarding Sol. "Why do I get the feeling that your conversation was less words and more actions when you finally discussed your feelings?" She teased, though her idea of action would probably be very different than what happened. "I did meet someone that has me… interested… Confused." She shook her head and sighed. "One little meeting and I haven’t been able to get him off of my mind. And he is Lu’s son!" She exclaimed with a laugh.

"Speaking"
@Below Zero
Notes: ---

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

B e l o w Z e r o
sister, i hear you laugh, my heart fills full of love
keep me please, sister, when you cry
i feel your tears, running down my face
Bel smiled faintly at her sister.

She shook her head at her sister's teasing, even as her gaze rested peacefully on Yuki, "Fair, I wouldn't trade her for the world." Then her sister had asked about the name she'd stated. She smiled warmly at the memory of the little filly who was growing too quickly, "Alfajiri. Sol's and my daughter. Kind of. Sol found her at the base of his god's statue and took her in." She explained, taking no hesitation in claiming the little girl she saw as her own.

Bel felt a warmth in her heart at the mention of her goddess.

She didn't know much about Caligo, but she nodded once, "I do not know much about the gods and goddesses of this land, but I do my trust in the Empress is resolute. I imagine she would though. The waters may harm, but they can also heal, after all. Look at hot springs for example." She offered with a reassuring smile before her ears perked gently, "I've learned, our people had lost their ways. If anything, Pol, we are already who our people had truly meant to be. So do not fear, alright."

Bel coughed in alarm at the teasing, eyes wide.

"HOW DID YOU HEAR ABOUT THAT?! I swear, I was just angry, I wasn't really going to stab him!" She promised quickly, feeling her face heating up, before tilting her head and grasping her sister's comment with wide eyes, "Oh, oh really!? Is my little sister falling for someone? Tell. Me. Everything." Bel stated with a smile.

"Bel"
Yukime
@Polar North
Notes:: Bel is just not sure what to do.

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]

Played by Offline Chaosy [PM] Posts: 76 — Threads: 15
Signos: 0
Night Court Medic
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  8 [Year 502 Summer]  |  16 hh  |  Hth: 8 — Atk: 12 — Exp: 33  |    Active Magic: Body-Water Manipulation  |    Bonded: N/A

There were emotions running over her sister’s face, something telling Pol that healing would not have been approved. Perhaps if things hadn’t turned the way they did, she wouldn’t have been pushed to learn the art of healing. Maybe she would be the warrior that her sister was. Maybe she would be a real treader. 

The splash of water from her sister’s bonded made the little healer laugh. "Troublesome is not always bad. It keeps you on your toes." She teased, feeling emotions still swirling around her.

A soft sigh chased the tears and she looked up at her sister. "That may be, but I can’t help but feel that things would be better if I hadn’t been around. You would have mama still…" Her words were soft, revealing the thoughts that she had been fighting all of her life. 

"Perhaps I should take the time to learn about the Empress more than I have in the past. Caligo can only do so much for me, has never been more than just a hope." She laughed softly, shoving the thoughts of the pod away as she took a good look at her sister. The fatigue was weighing on the older mare and Pol knew it was time to let her rest.

"I will take you up on that, my dear sister… but only if I let you rest. You need sleep." She remarked warmly, hugging her sister tightly before stepping away. "Sleep and regain your strength. We will talk another time when we are both a bit more ready for it." She said warmly, thankful for the sister that she had regained. With a nudge, she pushed on her sister’ shoulder to nudge her back to the waters. Once her point had been made, she took a deep breath and started back on her way to the inn where she had been living.

"Speaking"
@Below Zero
Notes: Closer on my end <3

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

B e l o w Z e r o
sister, i hear you laugh, my heart fills full of love
keep me please, sister, when you cry
i feel your tears, running down my face
It was painful for the female to admit of the troubles that she knew existed in the pod. She didn't want to admit to her sister what it would mean. How they would have frowned upon her choices. Even their mother would have been confused. But . . . The pod wouldn't have understood Bel's choices either. The pod wasn't warriors. They were just afraid.

She grinned towards the little dragon that was her world however, ears pitching forward, "Yuki definitely does that." She agreed before nuzzling the healer fondly, "You do as well." She teased, before smiling faintly, shaking her head. "Trust me when I say, you could never do wrong in mama's eyes, and she would never have blamed you for what had happened. The sharks came often. You weren't old enough to know, to understand, but that was the way of life. The real shock was that you got away." SHe argues gently.

Bel's eyes light up at the comment of the Empress, before laughing fondly, "You likely wouldn't have heard much about the Empress with the pod anyways. They have lost the connections to the old ways anyways . . . Yuki and I would be happy to help offer you what we know." She stated, before laughing when she's told to sleep, finally nodding, "You are right . . . I am growing weary from overworking my magic. Come visit me again soon?" She asks before nuzzling her sister one last time, before the mare dives back beneath the waters to sleep again.

"Bel"
Yukime
@Polar North
Notes:: Closer on Bel's side

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »