Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Worship  - with your blessing

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 137 — Threads: 30
Signos: 1,020
Night Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 496 Summer]  |  16.1 hh  |  Hth: 32 — Atk: 28 — Exp: 85  |    Active Magic: Pyromancy  |    Bonded: Solaris (Phoenix)

I thank you for the promises you broke
For always watching, watching while I choke
I thank you for teaching me
Yes, I thank you for your hurting

“I did it.”

The words fall freely, yet quietly. A pale shape lingers in the flickering firelight of the chamber, solitary as she stands. It’s pale kiss caresses along the woman’s curves, touching along the ivory color of her coat and blending with the golden accents that frame her. Vermilion eyes catch in the shifting light like glittering rubies, bloodied pools of keen passion staring upon the dias belonging to her patron goddess.

“I do wonder what you would say, if you could. Would you be disappointed? Furious? Or intrigued? Was this not what you had in mind when I last left here?” Israfel paused in her musings, an ear tilting forward as her head cocked, mulling over the implications of her own inquiries. “I left here with your blessing. You knew what I was going to do. Would you be incensed that I challenged him? Or do you understand why I did it?”

Silence stole her tongue once more. This would be much, much easier if Caligo would actually show herself, but instead all Israfel could do was stand here and talk to the stone faced visage of the Court she now ruled over.

Queen.

Of all the things she had expected to happen within her second lifetime, becoming a Queen was not on the list. Queen of Denocte… The title seemed strange, but it burned sweetly within her breast. A small, crooked, wicked grin stole over rose-kissed lips at the thought. She remembered the last fire mage who held such command over Denocte, and how very much Israfel had detested everything she was. A whiny little thing, that woman had been… And her rule had been pathetically short.

Good. The Night Court was better off without her.

Yet, she was not here to think of the past failures of others. Inhaling deeply, the Sun Daughter let herself relax, finally releasing the tension that had plagued her since the moment she had decided to challenge Ira for his crown.

“I’ve come back as your Queen, Caligo. I’m not an idiot, though; I know I won’t be your Queen forever, but… In this time where I am, where I have the ability to make a difference, I want to do right by you. Despite our conflicting natures, we’re very much the same. We want the same thing. We want salvation for our people, we want to protect them and their ways of life. We want to provide sanctuary for those who do not belong anywhere else.”

A moment passes silently between them, and Israfel shifts. She sighs, pondering what was next for her. Returning to Denocte would be the first step after this meeting, and then she would find Luvena and tell her what had happened. Unbidden, her heart raced a little quicker with thought of the thinly woman who awaited her back home. Home. How wonderful it was, to have a home and truly feel as though it was just that, a sacred place of sanctuary and respite.

This was the most holy place within Novus, this mountaintop of Veneror, but it could not offer Israfel sanctuary and solace quite like what she felt when standing at Luvena’s side.

“I ask your blessing once more, Caligo, my dark mistress. I am not sinless; I know my arrogance can be my downfall, my pride is my enemy’s spear. I am not perfect, I am fallible… But your court has always been full of imperfections, and to me, that is why it is perfect. I just hope that someday, you will bless me with more than what you already have. There are so many things in this life that I hope to achieve, Lady, and I hope you will guide me to see them through.”

Israfel then knelt, her knees upon cold, rough stone, and bowed her head. “With your blessing, Caligo, I will champion your name into a new era.”

"Speaking."

Tags, OOC, etc.

Please Tag Israfel in all Replies!