Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - as the world caves in

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Gray [PM] Posts: 6 — Threads: 3
Signos: 255
Dusk Court Citizen
Male [He/Him]  |  10 [Year 500 Winter]  |  16 hh  |  Hth: 15 — Atk: 5 — Exp: 10  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

i wanna fly,

The speckled light of the moon cast a silver hue over the spotted brute. There was no chill in the air yet still, as a breeze came, bringing with it the sweet scents of summer, Creamsicle shivered. He sighed softly, turning his face up toward the starry heavens, watching the fiery balls of light twinkling in the clear sky above. He loved nights like this, where the sky was so clear you could see straight across the universe - or so it seemed. He often found himself wondering about what lingered out there, way beyond the stares. Was the universe endless, expanding into nothingness, much like the ocean seemed to do? He had seen many oceans in his lifetime. He had seen the way the sea and the sky met at the horizon, becoming one, a partnership that must be eternal. Forever. It must be nice, that kind of love, that kind of companionship. He doubted he would ever experience anything like it, for what was he but just a young man who had been a nomad for the majority of his life? He had no special skills. No special abilities. He was quite plain compared to some other equines he had met in his travels. He wasn't ugly, but he also was not extraordinary. He was simple. A simple man with simple wants and needs. He just wanted one thing - to be happy. Of course, he had to go and pick the hardest thing in life to ever achieve. Happiness evaded him. At least he was good at pretending...

A strange sound caught his attention then and he looked down from the sky, looking around him. It sounded like wings fluttering rapidly, large wings. Horse-sized wings. It had not been often that he and his family had run into equines with wings, so he was curious and eager to meet this potential winged equine. Yet even with the soft flutter of wings warning him of their approach, when he saw her, he still spooked slightly. He jumped, stumbling over his hooves, but despite the fumble, a polite and warm smile spread across his face. He took his sadness and shoved it down. Swallowing it down into his belly, the taste bitter. It weighed heavy in his stomach, making him feel sluggish and slow, but at least he could get himself to smile. "Oh, greetings. I was not expecting to come across another while traveling. I hope I have not startled you, I did fly up out of nowhere after all." Her voice was soft and sweet, polite in her greeting. "Oh, it's quite alright," the stallion replied with a light chuckle, "What's life without a few surprises, right?"

He watched her lower herself from the air, watched her land on a rock within the creek and balance herself upon it. He grinned, bright emerald eyes twinkling in the moonlight as he quietly observed her. "My name is Caelum, a medic of Denocte. Might I inquire your name?" He nodded, introducing himself warmly. "My name's Creamsicle." He paused, his head cocking to the side slightly. He'd not heard of Denocte. That must be one of the Kingdoms here or something, he figured. "Forgive my ignorance, but what is Denocte? Is that where you live?"

@Caelum | "Speech" | notes

Messages In This Thread
as the world caves in - by Creamsicle - 08-09-2021, 02:31 PM
RE: as the world caves in - by Caelum - 08-10-2021, 07:54 PM
RE: as the world caves in - by Creamsicle - 11-01-2021, 07:36 PM
RE: as the world caves in - by Caelum - 11-12-2021, 11:25 AM