Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Not Quite To The Sea

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

B e l o w Z e r o
I don't care what they're going to say, let the storm rage on
the cold never bothered me anyway
Bel smiled as she watched the other seem to really, truly relax at Yuki's apparent dismissal. Not that it surprised Bel one bit - the serpent really wasn't a social creature, and while she distrusted just about anyone they met, she clearly saw nothing that was dangerous about this mare. She wasn't expecting the other's words on the mare that had alarmed her however. Her eyes blinked in confusion, "Bat wings? That's a new one, even for me. Although, my best friend is a giant of a stallion with two sets of feathered wings, and I'm quite literally an alien from a nearly aquatic planet - so perhaps I shouldn't be so surprised by how others appear in this land. There are certainly many types after all." She admitted with a soft laughing.

She did still pause over the bat wings, however, "Well, I can't say for sure if the mare you had met intended you any harm, but I'd be surprised if she were of the water if she had wings. Typically the two don't go hand in hand very well. While bat wings might be a little better in the depths than feathered, they'd be nearly useless beneath the waves." But it did bring to concern the ideas that perhaps not everything above the water's surface was friendly too. Did the surface world have it's own brand of sharks walking on hooves? Bel might have to look into this at another time, but it was definitely something to keep an eye on.

The talk continued, lightening as the other laughed, and she smiled slightly at the sight of the other, younger mare relaxing a touch more, "Oh, I'd have to agree completely, definitely aliens in our own ways. And I'm list of a literal sense than you might think. My people are aliens, yes, but I was born on this planet. Yukime, however, comes from our home planet." She admitted, causing the serpent to look up at her name, before blowing bubbles in the water after a moment, and laying her head back down in the relaxing currents.

The other's question did have Bel pausing for a moment, finned ears flicking, and a touch of sadness clouding her gaze, I can tell you the tale, but it's . . . not a very happy one." She offered, glancing up towards the mare slightly, offering a smile in show that she was willing to share it if the other wanted to hear it, "But the short version is that my pod did something I couldn't abide . . . and no begging or pleading to the triton of the pod would have him changing his mind . . . not even for me. I couldn't stay in a place like that any longer, and so . . . I left. Swam around for a while before washing ashore here. When my little sister popped up out of the blue in this land, it strengthened my decision to stay."

Not that she didn't miss the pod, her father . . . Shard. She was still angry with his decisions to abandon her sister to the elements and predators of the arctic, still hurt over his own dismissal of her feelings about it all - but she couldn't deny that she still missed Ice Shard greatly. It was just as equally hard to imagine that by this time they'd have likely been mated, little pups of their own growing up in the pod. Or, in that harsh climate, both could have been dead now . . . He might even be dead himself - he was rather reckless when in the face of danger (he had charged a polar bear for her once).

But she couldn't stay when he'd so callously sentenced her sister to death with little more than a I'm sorry, I know it hurts, but it's for the best. He'd proven then that the pod would come before even her, and she just had to get away from a place that would walk away from an injured pup barely 3 months old, with out so much as a second glance. And she wouldn't have been able to look him in the face knowing he'd made that decision, even if it had destroyed her heart. Novus might not be the arctic home she loved - but at least here horses weren't cast aside when they were deemed 'to injured to heal fast enough to keep up with the pod.' Here, that pain, and guilt had lessened.

"Bel"
Yukime
@Jane
Notes:: I always forget about this thread! But here's a reply for you <3 Bel is more than willing to tell her story - I know there's not many on Novus who know what really happened in the arctic circle that made her leave her pod :D

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]

Messages In This Thread
Not Quite To The Sea - by Below Zero - 01-07-2021, 02:21 PM
RE: Not Quite To The Sea - by Jane - 01-21-2021, 04:55 PM
RE: Not Quite To The Sea - by Below Zero - 01-23-2021, 05:07 PM
RE: Not Quite To The Sea - by Jane - 01-27-2021, 05:38 PM
RE: Not Quite To The Sea - by Below Zero - 01-29-2021, 09:00 PM
RE: Not Quite To The Sea - by Jane - 01-30-2021, 11:25 AM
RE: Not Quite To The Sea - by Below Zero - 02-07-2021, 09:42 AM
RE: Not Quite To The Sea - by Jane - 02-09-2021, 02:12 PM
RE: Not Quite To The Sea - by Below Zero - 02-19-2021, 02:06 AM
RE: Not Quite To The Sea - by Jane - 02-21-2021, 02:43 PM