Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Not Quite To The Sea

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

B e l o w Z e r o
I don't care what they're going to say, let the storm rage on
the cold never bothered me anyway
Bel tilted her head slightly at the other, even as Yukime went back to ignoring the strange, frail mare, serpentile body pressed low into the gravel of the river where the sunlight did little to heat her scales. The iced serpent never did like the warmth if she could avoid it. As the mare took a step closer, Bel offered a reassuring smile though it fell with wide eyed alarm at the other's words, "Tried to eat you? Are you alright?" Bel asked in horror, her voice raising in pitch at the word eat. She shook her head with a frown, "Well, I'm sure it's always better to tread the water, and see where you're at, before diving straight to the depths. A smiling face can be full of fangs with a flip of a fin. Better to be cautious and not a shark's meal." The mare stated with a nod, before laughing softly, "Considering you were almost eaten earlier, I really can't judge you for that. Truthfully, I'm a little on the extreme side in appearance anyway, and you're not the first to mistake me for a predator from the waters." Bel admitted, albeit a touch awkwardly, "But, if it eases your thoughts, please consider yourself forgiven." Bel added with a grin.

At the shared casual comments on fish, Bel grinned faintly at the thought of being fed salmon if ill, "I know my mother was always pushing seagrasses on me when I was younger. Though if I was a little slower than normal, mother would usually find us Mackerel and you weren't allowed to go play with the other pups until it was all gone. I faked sick a lot to get out of eating seagrasses and seaweed when I could." Bel admitted with a soft laugh, before ginning slightly, "I love clams too though - but more for the fact that I think they're fun to open."

Bel smiled, dipping her head in greeting, "Well it's lovely to meet you Jane." She stated, before tilting her head curiously, "A land much further away? I can relate to that . . . . I'm part of Dusk now, but prior to my coming to Novus, I swam the oceans far up north, where the water is cold, and ice bops like floating islands. Although - my species comes from a place even further than that. But, my name is Below Zero, but please call me Bel. Most everyone does. And of course, Yukime is my companion, she's an Ice Carved Serpent. She comes from the same place my species comes from." Bel paused before flashing a playful grin in Jane's direction, "I guess when it comes down to it, Yukime's an alien, and I'm an alien born on this planet."

"Bel"
Yukime
@Jane
Notes:: Sorry I missed replying to this earlier but lookie! I replied finally!

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]

Messages In This Thread
Not Quite To The Sea - by Below Zero - 01-07-2021, 02:21 PM
RE: Not Quite To The Sea - by Jane - 01-21-2021, 04:55 PM
RE: Not Quite To The Sea - by Below Zero - 01-23-2021, 05:07 PM
RE: Not Quite To The Sea - by Jane - 01-27-2021, 05:38 PM
RE: Not Quite To The Sea - by Below Zero - 01-29-2021, 09:00 PM
RE: Not Quite To The Sea - by Jane - 01-30-2021, 11:25 AM
RE: Not Quite To The Sea - by Below Zero - 02-07-2021, 09:42 AM
RE: Not Quite To The Sea - by Jane - 02-09-2021, 02:12 PM
RE: Not Quite To The Sea - by Below Zero - 02-19-2021, 02:06 AM
RE: Not Quite To The Sea - by Jane - 02-21-2021, 02:43 PM