Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Experience Earning  - run wild!

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Nikkayla [PM] Posts: 13 — Threads: 5
Signos: 1,815
Night Court Soldier
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  11 [Year 499 Winter]  |  8 hh  |  Hth: 12 — Atk: 8 — Exp: 12  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Karsi (Polar Bear)

Below her, not far but a decent ways, Karsi was finding his own path and, from time to time, throwing a look upwards to see where his bonded was.

She was higher, climbing and leaping across gaps that others might find too treacherous. And the way she moved made her look like she was truly made for this. Her grandsire had told her when she had met him, that his kind called the mountaintops home. They lived their entire lives up the top, rarely descending below. She was less like him than her father, but she was far more like Minas than Nylah ever had been.

And it showed as she laughed as she leapt. Scree fell as Ciaran’s movement ruptured the shale she’d been standing upon, her previous place she had been standing disintegrated as it slid down the mountain. Ciaran heard it but was not alarmed. She had made her way to a safer precipice, one that was lit by the sun and warmer her deep into her bones. The wind came surging up the mountainside, her feathering flattening against her head as it shone in the sunlight.

Ciaran looked around. It seemed this place was a path more regularly used. It was a safe path, she knew, but Karsi would find her again on the other side. She looked out behind her, Novus extending out beyond where she could see, and then to the front. Denocte opened up, ringed by these mountains, the Arma Mountains, and where Ciaran would more than likely find she preferred to be.

She grinned as she looked upward. There was a path opening to her eyes, made of rock and shale. For now, she recovered her stamina and drank some a small pool formed from water as it ran down in small rivulets and creeks along the mountain’s flank. It was cool and tasted somewhat stagnant but it was water none the less.

As she finished the drink and looked up, she smiled to herself.

contact is welcome - please tag in all posts

Played by Offline Lullivy [PM] Posts: 225 — Threads: 37
Signos: 1,285
Night Court Sovereign
Female [She/her/hers]  |  15 [Year 496 Spring]  |  15.3 hh  |  Hth: 3 — Atk: 3 — Exp: 51  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Picoro (Sloth)

The stars are alive, child! Did you know that? Everything out there is alive, and there are grand purpose abroad!

For a while I had been finding time and strength to descend the mountains every few days, taking an acolyte and carefully picking my way down the steep trail beside them, trying to teach Yara and Mithra at the same time, so that eventually I can have them help me instead. I hate to admit it, but it's embarrassing, to ask for aid anytime I feel like leaving the mountains atmosphere.  I haven't left them in a while though,  my trip to the desert had taken a greater toll then expected, and I'd ended up spending a few days out of commission.  

I was taking it slowly for now, daily walks through the easier mountain passes, Picoro on my withers, the girls by my side. They grew bigger every day, both of their personalities growing at an even faster rate. Both ran ahead of me, though they'd look back every so often. Picoro too had finally warmed up to them, though it had taken him a while. He still liked to pretend that he didn't, but I raised him, and I know when he's lying to himself. 

Suddenly though they came running back to my side, growling at something up ahead. I pricked my ears, doing my best to hush them both, though admittedly, my efforts did not yield great results.  I saw the bear before I saw the girl,  and for a moment I was struck with fear, but as I noticed her I was relieved quickly. clearly they were bonded as one.  "good morning!" I called, glancing at the pups as they finally calmed themselves, tails now softly wagging.  Carefully I picked my way over towards the girl. She smelled like everyone else from night, but we had not yet met. "Luvena" I introduced myself 

@Ciaran

@Luvena

Night Court Soldier
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  11 [Year 499 Winter]  |  8 hh  |  Hth: 12 — Atk: 8 — Exp: 12  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Karsi (Polar Bear)

Very little came to surprise her at any time anymore. It had been a long while, since she had been a child, when something had made her feel alarmed. So now, as Karsi had finally found his way to her side after finding his own trail up the mountainside, Ciaran was taking pause and drinking, and drinking in the view from the precipice where she had drifted to. Karsi remained far from the edge, with no desire to peer over and perhaps find himself sliding too far.

Ciaran, on the other hand, often pressed her luck too far. She felt the ledge shifting a little and stepped back and it was in this movement that she saw she and her bonded were no longer alone. With her feathered crown resting atop her head and pressed back by the wind, she turned her blue eyes from the canine to the woman who had come up the mountain path.

“Hello to you, and to those with you,” she brightly greeted them all, as Karsi flanked her.

“I am Ciaran Zhaoiani. Just Ciaran will do - this is Karsi,” she says, indicating to the bear who merely exhaled and continued to watch.

“We have not met, are you from the court of Night?” She asks, for she was still learning all the new and strange scents and smells. Finding her own path was one she was always a little strange about, but it helped when she found others who she was able to talk with...

@Luvena

Night Court Sovereign
Female [She/her/hers]  |  15 [Year 496 Spring]  |  15.3 hh  |  Hth: 3 — Atk: 3 — Exp: 51  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Picoro (Sloth)

The stars are alive, child! Did you know that? Everything out there is alive, and there are grand purpose abroad!

I watched the bear at her side, I'd never seen one like him. At first I'd thought he was a common grizzly, just with some for of albinism, but looking at him now I could see that wasn't the case. With stronger legs and a longer body overall, a head that looked like it could plow through just about anything.  "It's nice to meet you Ciaran, and Karsi" I responded with a dip of my head. "This is Picoro," the sloth lifted his head from my neck, eyeing the pair suspiciously. "and these two are Yara and Mithra" I gestured to them respectively. 

It was clear that this one was brave, standing so close to the edge. One stumble up here, and even the strongest of equines were doomed. "I am, though I stick mostly to the mountains, with the night order as a healer.  You are as well, I gather? " I tilted my head as I waited for her response.  She is a strange looking thing, though I suppose that's not a thought I should really have anymore. With a teal coat, and gold dripping down her shoulders into her legs, catching the sunlight from overhead.

"Have you come from the court?" I asked. It was often quiet up in the mountains, and truth be told, I hadn't met as many Denoctians as I would have liked, seeing as they mostly stuck to the lands below the foothills, unless they were in the order themselves. 

@Ciaran

@Luvena

Night Court Soldier

At the slightest twitch, she would fly. A crumbling of rocks beneath hoof would signal her and she would react quick, but that time flew by. She was upon solid ground. Karsi at her flank meant she was in a place he did not find uncomfortable. Ciaran was glad for his company, as she ever was.

From the moment he had found her, trapped in ice. She had seen him through eyes clouded by terror. Alone, no one coming to help her. The bear loomed like the spectre of death over her, but he had not struck. Instead, large paws broke ice and released her from the prison she had been held in. Ciaran had been free, and the bear had named himself. Karsi.

And he had been there since.

She looked fondly to him, as the memory played out and faded back.

Blue eyes returned to Luvena, bright and content.

“A pleasure it is to meet you all,” she says, a small bow of her head following the words.

“I am of the night. The mountains are where I feel the most comfortable, beneath the wide open sky. Enclosed spaces make me somewhat … uncomfortable,” she admits, for it was a part of herself she’d realised now till recently.

Along with another.

“I have. I have been drifting, long before Novus and the Night. Aimless, so hoping to find something to hold on to more here. Have you been in this world long?” She asks, curious as always - pushing boundaries of others without pausing to wonder if she should inquire at all.

@Luvena

Night Court Sovereign

Even after many months in the mountains I was not at ease around the cliffs. I was prone to stumbling on even level ground, let alone the rocky terrain of the mountains. Even with the company of a guide fear prickled through my stomach as we made our way through each mountain pass. Every time a stone tumbled down my heart nearly beat out of my chest. 

Yet there was something exhilarating about it too, the wind whistling through each canyon, the rush of water as it cascaded down a cliffside, and just how close the moon was every night, as if you could reach out and touch it. 

How opposite that was to myself. Even still the mountains felt too open. "It's funny" I replied "It's one thing about up here that makes me uneasy. Up until now, I've spent my life under the cover of trees, where the sky is hidden from sight"  I smiled as I looked up to the open sky above, it was still strange for it to always be in view. 

I liked the girl, she didn't hold back from questions, didn't hide behind some pretense of courtesy. Small talk is dull, and I'd much rather everyone just speak openly about what they wish to know. "Two years" I answered "give or take a few months I think. Two years in Elysium before that, and six in Herstial. and you? How long have you been in Novus?"  I inquired, wondering if the girl two had been on many adventures before her arrival.

@Ciaran

@Luvena