Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - River of Fire

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline morphi [PM] Posts: 76 — Threads: 14
Signos: 310
Day Court Sovereign
Male [He/his]  |  8 [Year 503 Summer]  |  23 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 15  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

J A R E K
I heard from God today and She sounded just like me
What have I done, and who have I become?
I saw the devil today and he looked a lot like me
I looked away, I turned away

The serenity of the desert stroked his mind gently, it lulled him to a comfortable confidence. The length of time he had spent here was short compared to the time he had spent wandering to find Novus. However he felt his soul becoming stitched to the land and its inhabitants. He felt as though he had found his place, and it most definitely required Phoebe by his side. He had squashed the devils from even the darkest parts of his mind, he felt that both Phoebe and Veil had provided him the mental clarity required to do so. 

Veil had taught him how to see the world clearly, for the truths it held. Phoebe had ignited the passion within him, a personal attachment that caused him to strive for something more. He had already felt the need to have the desert recognised and appreciated for its value. Phoebe’s presence made it personal, that it needed to be better for not only the citizens, but also for their potential future children. He could feel his mind slipping deeper as the days apart passed. This was destiny is it not? Were their souls not destined to be bound? The old mental habits and grooves of his mind were still present, he had fought hard to overcome them. This however felt so right, he would not let his own paranoia detract from these rare moments of enjoyment. 

He had been gathering firewood for some time, he had collected quite a bunch without really realizing. He had been caught in his mind; working productively while awaiting her arrival. He heard his name spoken in the soft breeze. Was she here? She had come, he felt his heart thundering within his chest. He dropped the log he had been dragging to the ground and closed the distance between them. His blue iced eyes searched for her, to see a glimpse of her. There was no time to waste. “Phoebe” he called out as he made his way closer. 

There she was, standing in the shadows of the setting sunlight. The dusk coloured mare standing before him in all her glorious beauty.  Without hesitation he shifted his body closer to hers, aiming to embrace her much smaller form with his own; his crested neck and head reaching for her. He needed to feel the warmth of her touch. “It is.” he said softly letting a soft long exhale from his nostrils.  He had noticed she had tied her mane in the fashion he had shown her, it warmed his chest that she had taken the lesson to heart. She was here, it was all that mattered. He took a moment to inhale her scent and enjoy the moment. 

“It will be cold soon, so I have started to prepare a fire for us. I wanted to show you the beauty of these lands, of this place. Without civilization so close you can see the heavens above. I wanted to share all this with you Phoebe. There is much we must discuss, but for now; we can simply…be” he said softly, his voice speaking in an almost gravely whisper, he did not move his embrace while he spoke to her; he did not wish to let her go even for a moment.

Arms wide open
I stand alone
I'm no hero
And I'm not made of stone

@Phoebe <3 all good, I am so excited to be posting them! | speaks

Messages In This Thread
River of Fire - by Jarek - 07-05-2022, 02:29 AM
RE: River of Fire - by Phoebe - 07-15-2022, 05:23 PM
RE: River of Fire - by Jarek - 07-19-2022, 01:04 PM