Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - mojo witchcraft

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline nastyalicorn [PM] Posts: 37 — Threads: 8
Signos: 2,210
Day Court Entertainer
Female [she / her / hers]  |  10 [Year 501 Summer]  |  16 hh  |  Hth: 7 — Atk: 13 — Exp: 33  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

It is a horror cinema. 

She briefly believes with her whole heart that the heat had finally taken her from this world, that she lay dead amongst the fronds and sunshine -

Because there he is.

And he is so beautiful that it kicks her in the teeth.

He emerges out of the waters like a specter of the sea, the crystalline salt and surf sparkling on his dappled body, the gilded markings that drip down his antlers like liquified sunshine - they carve a mandala shape that is akin to the sun around his equally golden eyes. She remembers studying the intricacies of his face like a foreign language, determined to engrave every detail permanently into the gallery of her mind. Fever's breath remains caught in her throat as she scrutinizes this body - this man - who had aged and matured like a ripe fruit. She remembers him gawky, thin and boy-like, impetuous and ready to fight the world. 

She is pleased to see the triangle of small white dots on his shoulder - it was one of her favorite spots to put her nose when she needed to lean on him.

They would have followed each other to the ends of the world - she promised to deliver him to paradise.

When his feet hit the sand, the breeze curls around his body and carries his cologne to her nostrils. It is in that moment, that the familiar spice of his skin, painfully affirms that she is not in the afterlife.

Toaru is here in the flesh.

She rises from the sand in one fluid movement, the grains falling off her body with little effort, the bells on her thigh chiming softly in the air. The air between them is dead - she listens to the waves and the desert foliage whisper in the wind, but the calls of birds had ceased, everything stagnant as the tension begins to fester.

The mare stretches out her neck, her black nose pushing towards him, drinking in that smell for one last confirmation before receding into a curled arch - a rattlesnake posed to strike, her golden eyes a narrow slit as she watches him grimace at her. Fever can't help but choke on the guilt that is trapped in her airway, she wishes to swallow it and reach out to him; the flattening of his ears and his stoic posture screams unhappiness. 

She doesn't blame him.

She failed him.

She wished to spill her guts, confess why she never showed at their rendezvous. But he couldn't know that she hid away imperative information for their entire relationship - their friendship was constructed on lies, the foundation of secrets bound to fall out from underneath her. He is unaware of the horrors she endured the night she was supposed to run away with him.

How many times did you wait for me to show up?

Alas, she matches his energy - she doesn't want him to think that she missed him - she doesn't think it wise for him to know that the sight of him restored all hope in her of finding her mother. She moves just beyond the shadows of the palms, just so the sun of Solis would kiss her chimera skin, but no closer to him in fear that his proximity would cause her guard to falter and fall prey to his stare.

She says his name like silk, it drips from her mouth like nectar from an eager flower. "Toaru." 

Her own duo-toned ears pin against her head, though her lips are veiled by the glitter-sheer fabric of her face mask, they curl into a smirk and she speaks to him with a pretentious scoff,  "I thought you were going to leave this city behind."

@Toaru

CODE IMAGE

[Image: 45505141_kShAGp5UVRG2Lvt.png]

i am a forest fire; i am the fire and i am the forest
and i am a witness watching it

Messages In This Thread
mojo witchcraft - by Fever - 05-30-2022, 04:06 PM
RE: mojo witchcraft - by Toaru - 05-30-2022, 08:59 PM
RE: mojo witchcraft - by Fever - 05-30-2022, 09:59 PM
RE: mojo witchcraft - by Toaru - 06-03-2022, 05:02 PM
RE: mojo witchcraft - by Fever - 06-09-2022, 07:32 PM
RE: mojo witchcraft - by Toaru - 06-12-2022, 02:34 PM