Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - The flow of the ocean

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Mouser [PM] Posts: 4 — Threads: 1
Signos: 745
Dawn Court Merchant
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  9 [Year 502 Summer]  |  15.3 hh  |  Hth: 15 — Atk: 5 — Exp: 10  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

The stallion walked forward and Rosemary felt her anxiety slowly, agonizingly, beginning to spike. Oh, no, no, this was all going wrong! She wasn't supposed to be caught in the act! She was supposed to remain unnoticed until the end of her sketch, and then she was supposed to leave without the subject being any the wiser...or at least that was usually how it went. Typically, her subjects like this were found in more populous places, where another set of curious eyes could more easily pass amidst the crowd without drawing such attention to herself, but there was no else beside the sea to mask her presence. She felt wholly and uncomfortably seen.

And suddenly self-conscious of her work. She took a sheepish step back as he came slowly nearer, shifting her pages behind her, but immediately hesitated; though she wanted to continue putting distance between them, she still hadn't located her pen yet, and it would have been a chore to replace it. She couldn't leave without it. Her green eyes continued to search for the pen as the blue-dappled stranger joined her beside the rocks, very pointedly avoiding any direct looks now that he was close--despite very much wanting to. Even from the corner of her eye, she could see the subtle illumination from the pale blue markings that adorned his coat and mane, something she hadn't noticed from afar, and she had the intrusive thought to wonder if his eyes did something similar. She shook her head, as much to dismiss the curiosity as to further deny his reassurances. "No no, I really shouldn't-"

As if sensing its location, he picked up her pen without much effort to find it, and her words cut off at the open betrayal by the instrument. A brief look of indignation flashed upon her face as her gaze alighted on it, held out for her to take, before shifting beyond to really take in the friendly stranger. He really was a lovely creature, full of boyish charm and youthful light, with just the hint of endearing awkwardness beneath. Rosemary felt guilty all over again for their meeting like this. With a disgruntled sigh, she carefully set her pages down upon her rump to grasp the pen with her mind and tucked it carefully behind an ear and into her mane, allowing herself the freedom to speak compared to when she had walked up carrying it in her teeth.

"I..." Honestly, what was the point of avoiding the questions now? "I suppose that's up to interpretation. I sketch, I draw, I paint a little, but...mostly for myself. Whether that makes me an artist...I'll let you decide." With the pen secure, she grasped her drawings up again and shuffled the pages as if to straighten them, trying discreetly to hide her drawing of him behind a few blank ones while continuing to hold them behind her. "Usually, this goes much more quietly...and I am very sorry for disturbing you. It wasn't my intent." While the embarrassment remained like a low, simmering heat, she found it the slightest bit easier to look Ant's way now, and she gave a vague, almost helpless, apologetic shrug. "I'm Rosemary."

ooc; @Antaeus

Messages In This Thread
The flow of the ocean - by Antaeus - 05-25-2022, 11:26 AM
RE: The flow of the ocean - by Rosemary - 05-26-2022, 12:15 AM
RE: The flow of the ocean - by Antaeus - 05-27-2022, 10:31 PM
RE: The flow of the ocean - by Rosemary - 05-30-2022, 11:49 AM
RE: The flow of the ocean - by Antaeus - 05-30-2022, 12:15 PM
RE: The flow of the ocean - by Rosemary - 06-03-2022, 08:28 AM