Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Oasis Retreat

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline morphi [PM] Posts: 76 — Threads: 14
Signos: 310
Day Court Sovereign
Male [He/his]  |  8 [Year 503 Summer]  |  23 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 15  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Jarek
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here behind the curtain lies a darkness feeding
Pooled inside, in hunger cries, and still it's eating
Everything I had to hide is all on my sleeve
And behind the curtain lies my soul, I’m bleeding
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He finished plaiting her tail and ensured that they were all secured. Her mane was secured in tight plaits that had been twirled into small tight mounds of hair that sat atop her neck. Her tail was plaited and left to hang. “There we go, now you will be safe and tidy. You’ll still have your tail to help with the insects and balance” he said with a soft chuckle admiring his own work. In time he would tie his own hair back into this fashion, but for now he was far too distracted speaking to her. 

“Generally those with their hair fashioned in this manner are warriors, so it suits you well.” he said with a smile, his voice graveled and deep beyond his control. She hadn’t outwardly commented on his story. But she also hadn’t turned and ran herself back into the sands. So in a way that was a positive reaction, she also hadn’t flinched and recoiled at his touch. So he marked that as another positive. He felt like he was still learning to dance this game between souls, when the interaction wasn’t purely business he struggled. 

He had grown from his youth and even in recent years to be more patient. To push his temper deep down into the recesses of his gut. Just a short reach away if it was needed for reasons of warfare. There was no need in peace times to walk around like a raging bull. It aged those who did quickly, and it drove them to loneliness. He had seen what his father arrogance and incompetence had bore within their tribe. It had set Jarek up to fail, he would now not let the dead man's blood within him poison his chances at a better life. 

He could still feel elements of his past fiery and fresh beneath the recesses of his skin. He fought hard within himself to be better each day. To channel some of this energy into productive ventures. He moved slowly to stand side by side so that they were facing the same direction before continuing his story. 

The oasis itself would bare witness to his story. He had not told it ever in its completeness before. The mare the Veil nebula knew a lot of his history, in particular the next segment he was about to speak about. It was the freshest of his shameful moments. It would be the true test if she would be able to stand his company. Should then, know in truth the worst of his demons. 

“My birth tribe is loyal to the gods of the desert, Not Solis. Ancient faceless dust and sand devils. They are harsh and unforgiving, they play tricks on their followers and you never quite know what you would get from them. They haunt the dreams of their followers and steer their heads and minds in whatever directions the demons desire.” He stopped for a moment to consider how to proceed. 

“After the fall of my home, the devils rode my back and spoke to me. For many years we wandered searching for something of meaning. Searching for a particular mare that was their interest. They spoke of my fate and of the fate of the destined mare. You must understand their influence is overwhelming. All consuming. So when you are told, this is how it is…your mind is so well conditioned, it accepts it as fact and as stone.” His voice was soft as he spoke the words in the best way he could manage. This was far more raw to his emotion then the previous conversation. 

“The demons had directed me to a mare in Novus, painting my mind with obsession that also bled into my own desires. She was beautiful and seemed highly intelligent. I did not know her well, but how the devils showed her in my dreams and fed me all the nonsense to believe our fates were woven. The mare of course saw through this utter bullshit and wanted nothing to do with me.” he said with a soft chuckle feeling the heat of his embarrassment rising. 

“A prophetical mare called The Veil Nebula was my salvation. She knew Torielle well. Had seen the circumstances unfolding and intervened on my path to destruction. She helped me regain sense of my mind and see how I had been fooled. Safe to say, nothing has quite been the same since. Sometimes they still haunt my dreams, but I know they have no power. I am more powerful. I have been making better decisions for myself and trying to do better with each day. I’ve never truly been freer” he stopped for a moment, almost internally wincing waiting for her reaction. 

“Close friends provided me with the information of the lands of Solterra and it sounded like just the place to start anew. Living life making my own way, not under the direction of any devil. A desert just like my previous home. Solis seems reasonable, but I can’t say I have a meaningful relationship with him yet. They say he favors this place and warriors alike.” he said softly, letting the nervous smile draw to his lips. 

There. She knew it all. He had perhaps bore his soul too early in this interaction. It had been bubbling up within him since the conversation about who he was had started. It would have been difficult to contain at that point. Knowing all of his skeletons and demons she could make her choice. If it was all too much, he figured he’d simply never hear from her and she’d flee his company. 

“I do not know what Vespera looks like. But she must be very pretty.” he said with a soft smile. This was an awkward attempt at a direct complement. She looked fierce with her hair tied in a warriors style, standing within the waters with him. He only hoped that she would accept him for who he was. “So now you know all my dirty secrets.” he said with a chuckle, feeling once more awkward within himself.

OOC: <3

image by:https://giphy.com/Allyouneediswall

Messages In This Thread
Oasis Retreat - by Jarek - 05-16-2022, 05:11 AM
RE: Oasis Retreat - by Phoebe - 05-17-2022, 09:30 AM
RE: Oasis Retreat - by Jarek - 05-17-2022, 09:54 AM
RE: Oasis Retreat - by Phoebe - 05-17-2022, 11:00 AM
RE: Oasis Retreat - by Jarek - 05-17-2022, 06:57 PM
RE: Oasis Retreat - by Phoebe - 05-17-2022, 09:59 PM
RE: Oasis Retreat - by Jarek - 05-18-2022, 09:31 AM
RE: Oasis Retreat - by Phoebe - 05-18-2022, 07:47 PM
RE: Oasis Retreat - by Jarek - 05-20-2022, 01:26 AM