Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Save A Dance For Me

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 103 — Threads: 12
Signos: 125
Vagabond Monk
Female [She/Her/They/Theirs]  |  8 [Year 503 Summer]  |  15.1 hh  |  Hth: 46 — Atk: 14 — Exp: 69  |    Active Magic: Stellar Divination  |    Bonded: N/A

V e i l N e b u l a
Visions of your pretty face send me into hyper space
Caught up in a palentary world
The dusk had long settled into night, and there was small flutters of energy from within the star in her chest. Energy that sizzled and fluxed with her worries, her emotions, her fears. Torielle had been missing for so long now, and while the stars, the cosmos themselves promised the wayward doe was alright; Veil wouldn't trust it until she saw her with her own eyes. But, as the hours passed, as couples flitted away for night's embrace; and still she felt herself held still, waiting, worrying, wondering.

What if Torielle had gone off elsewhere. What if she wasn't coming back. What if she forgot. The clenching in her chest was unfamiiliar, as if her star had skipped a reaction sequence, as if it has sputtered, as if it had lost a degree of brightness. No, surely not. Torielle promised her a dance. Torielle . . . promised. And so Veil stayed as the number of couples dwindled until only the few remained, and Veil herself leaned against the side of a tent, practically blending into the night. Sister, sister. The whispers had the star looking up slowly.

As if guided by some unseen force, her gaze immediately landed upon the hesitant doe looking over the faces. The slowly sputtering star suddenly amped up, and the previously slow dwindle of only the minimal of star dust shedding was suddenly flushing out as her star went on hyper drive. She didn't pause to see if Torielle would see her. She didn't hesitate to see if perhaps Torielle was looking for someone else. Her wings unfolded, hooves pushing off and she covered the distance of the entire clearing through the air, to avoid weaving through the bodies that would take longer, that would keep her from Tori.

She didn't hesitate, hooves touching down, and already sending her into a trot that saw her crushing her still chest against that of Torielle, her head sneaking around the other mare's neck, clinging to her tightly, You gave me such a fright! I had the entire universe keeping an eye out for you, to make sure you were alright! The star gushed, finally stepping back. Her rose-hued gaze searched the blue of the antlered mare, before she brushed her muzzle against Torielle's, the movement seeing her soon having her cheek pressed to the other mare, puffing a breath of air, and reassuring herself Torielle was safe, she was fine, letting her scent soothe her.

It took seconds before Veil flinched, back, wrinkling her nose, You smell more of just Jarek, The star whispered in confusion, giving away the fact was clearly aware of the stallion who had caused the problem prior to this moment, The stars do not like him, by the way. Mars frowns upon him in contemplation. The star added, almost thoughtfully before burying her muzzle with out hesitation into Torielle's mane, where the scent was only Tori's, no mysterious stranger, Who hid you from me? She finally asked, The stars assured me of your safety, but they would not tell me where you were, and you smell of another. It wasn't a casual question, there was a certain touch of emotion to her voice, a green goblin rising up from her belly, the sharp sting of jealousy.

But Tori's scent had a way of soothing that monster and slowly the star's muscles untensed, her wings settling more neatly and she finally was able to take a step away, her gaze only then moving to the source of Jarek's scent on her Torielle. She didn't hesitate, her muzzle trailing down Torielle's neck, and plucking the ivory fabric from the other mare's shoulders. It was followed with the peculiar book being removed and both set off the side, not too nicely, but far enough away and with a distinct air of disapproval, I do not care for his scent on you. The star frowns as she says it, It makes my stomach hurt, and I do not understand why. But it's wrong, not right. More wrong that he felt when I originally spoke to him and asked where you were and if he'd done something to you. He was better after we spoke, but the Universe still watches him closely, but it doesn't explain why my stomach twists like this. 

She glanced over her shoulder, frowning still as she looked at Torielle, the bells and crystals tied into her mane chiming with her movements, the sway of fabric on her hip having been long familiar, after spending so much time meandering about. She looked every part the sort to stand beside the veiled and chiming doe. And now that the doe was here that frown softened, and she trotted back to Torielle's side, nipping gently at a strand of those locks that shimmered so temptingly beneath that veil, You promised me a dance, will you dance with me Torielle? She finally asked, a spark in those pretty pink eyes, and an almost shy smile on her muzzle. No Jarek to pull you from me, no Jane to pull me from you. Just you. and me. Dance with me. Because she needed her scent back on Torielle's pelt. She needed to touch her, to know she's alright, she's safe, she's happy.

She really just needed Torielle right now. Dance with me. She repeated, letting go of that strand of hair, twirling towards the fire, star dust wafting, refracting the light around her, lighting up her pelt like a sunset among the stars. She playfully bowed, a smile on her muzzle; and her heart in her eyes, Dance with me.

FROM THE MOUTH
INSIDE THE MIND
@Torielle 
Notes:: She's in a state haha
Breathin' in you give me air, I'm living on your solar flare
Could you be my super nova girl?

Artist Credit to Sephinta

Messages In This Thread
Save A Dance For Me - by Torielle - 04-26-2022, 01:41 PM
RE: Save A Dance For Me - by Veil Nebula - 04-26-2022, 04:42 PM
RE: Save A Dance For Me - by Torielle - 05-01-2022, 11:11 PM
RE: Save A Dance For Me - by Veil Nebula - 05-18-2022, 12:11 PM