Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Never too Late

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline morphi [PM] Posts: 76 — Threads: 14
Signos: 310
Day Court Sovereign
Male [He/his]  |  8 [Year 503 Summer]  |  23 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 15  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

J A R E K
I heard from God today and She sounded just like me
What have I done, and who have I become?
I saw the devil today and he looked a lot like me
I looked away, I turned away

Once more since his arrival to novus he found himself stopping and listening carefully to what was being said. He in truth could credit the star with saving his life. Her correction of his path from that of one of the destruction of mars, to something more neutral. Where the path in front of him led now he was not so sure. But he had to be better than where it was going previously?  It was perhaps not his right to know what the universe had in store for him. He would simply have to wait and see how it played out.  He couldn’t help but wonder how much she could see, or whether it came more as feelings. 

Nothing was ever easy, he was learning patience. It was challenging and it had tested him greatly. He was impatient with his own mind, with his feelings and his lot in life in general. His old self lingered in the back like another shadow. A former fragment of himself. The one that had been shaped and tormented by its past. That had been misled and allowed to believe arrogant and self involved thoughts. He found himself nodding more then speech to her words. He wasn't sure what to say next. He couldn't help but agree with what she had to say. It simply made sense now the blind-fold of his misfortune had been removed. 

He couldn’t help but feel the warmth of her voice when she spoke of her family. He was glad she wasn’t alone, a creature that was able to provide so much comfort to others shouldn’t suffer loneliness. He could imagine it would be hard at times to relate with others when your view of them was so far wider then what they could even see of themselves. 

“I guess the universe has more important aspects to consider than the curiosities of what's beneath the soil.” he said with a chuckle. He couldn’t help but wonder, as if there was something above, there was perhaps something below? Or perhaps it just meant there was something everywhere. The thought honestly hurt his mind just a little to consider. 

“I would be honored to know of your life, so long as it is not too distressing for you to speak of.” he spoke with humble tones and warmth. He was very curious to learn more of this majestic and wondrous mare. It caused him an internal ache to think that she too had died and reborn. He had been saved a painful death, skipped that part entirely - and shifted to a new path because of her influence. He wondered how short his path would have truly been without her influence. This he recognised was further self involved thought and he pushed it aside to focus further on what veil would say next.

Arms wide open
I stand alone
I'm no hero
And I'm not made of stone

@VEIL NEBULA| speaks

Messages In This Thread
Never too Late - by Jarek - 04-15-2022, 12:21 AM
RE: Never too Late - by Veil Nebula - 04-25-2022, 12:44 AM
RE: Never too Late - by Jarek - 04-25-2022, 05:08 AM
RE: Never too Late - by Veil Nebula - 04-28-2022, 07:07 PM
RE: Never too Late - by Jarek - 05-01-2022, 11:34 AM
RE: Never too Late - by Veil Nebula - 05-18-2022, 12:42 PM