Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Never too Late

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline morphi [PM] Posts: 76 — Threads: 14
Signos: 310
Day Court Sovereign
Male [He/his]  |  8 [Year 503 Summer]  |  23 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 15  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Jarek
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here behind the curtain lies a darkness feeding
Pooled inside, in hunger cries, and still it's eating
Everything I had to hide is all on my sleeve
And behind the curtain lies my soul, I’m bleeding
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He felt guided by her words, her gentle touches and the welcome warmth of her side pressed to his. Her unabashed openness to both help and comfort him made him feel shyly dependent. She had been the prophet that had redirected his course from disaster. He listened to the stories of the Tempus and his children. The stallion had given his children to novus to maintain the cycles of what was natural. 

The way she spoke, he felt like he was being introduced to a well loved and precious family. Could this become his family? Was that the relationship the beings on Novus had with their gods? He hadn’t really felt any part of a family in his years. The closest he had felt to this was the fleeting short days with his mother before she passed. The days spent at the oasis where she had chosen to give birth to him.  The warmth of the day seemed to be a recurring comfort throughout his life. When there were shadows and cold, he had always longed for the relief of the warm sunlight. Perhaps this was a factor?

He listened to her advice and guidance about his dreams. He would do his best to stop acknowledging them or fighting them. He felt some fear deep inside of what would happen if he ignored them. If they would simply finally consume him in his sleep and return him to the earth. But he trusted the Veil Nebula, and he would follow her advice. He would place his faith into Veil and into Tempus and his children.  In particular he would want to connect with Solis, perhaps it was his light that would help cast back the shadows in his mind. 

He felt a rise of emotions within him, that he struggled to place when she mentioned almost in passing that he had been more worried about Torielle then her. He had been doing his best to not fixate on her. “I have not imposed my will on others, I have control over my choices and fate is not for me to worry about. I simply worried about Torielle more-so because you also seemed concerned on the night of the festival. I have not sought her, nor have I asked about her; other than at this moment” he said simply with a soft sigh. He had been trying so very hard to get his thoughts in order. In truth he was thankful to be seeing Veil again, for receiving further guidance. He felt his emotions rising, “I came to the temple to do better, to learn about the gods here. To find my place, to give up the last shreds of my past.” He felt consumed by the overwhelming doom of his previous choices. Would they ever believe him?  

The feeling of her skull pressed to his seemed to lull some of the thoughts of circling frustration. He desired nothing more than to be better. To be good, for himself. It wasn’t about Torielle. It was about Jarek, about who he wanted to be. Who he was going to be? He stilled his thoughts further as he followed her breathing instructions. He listened to the birds, to the wind and the insects outside. He followed their songs in his mind, relaxing his muscles. 

He felt the warmth of the sunshine somehow penetrating past the cold of the height of the temple. Warming his pelt in a brilliant embrace. He had kept his eyes closed, but it somehow felt as though someone was embracing him. Veil must have felt his acceptance and wrapped her warm wings around him in an embrace. It felt comfortable and safe. In a way almost cleansing of his worries. They weren’t important.

He opened his eyes with a gasp as she pulled away realizing that it wasn’t Veil snuggling him. He breathed deeply. It was both exciting and terrifying. He felt touched and warmed. “Warm, Sunshine.” he said simply, his mind a little boggled by its experiences. Was this Solis? Surely this was just his mind.

@Veil Nebula

image by:https://giphy.com/Allyouneediswall

Messages In This Thread
Never too Late - by Jarek - 04-15-2022, 12:21 AM
RE: Never too Late - by Veil Nebula - 04-25-2022, 12:44 AM
RE: Never too Late - by Jarek - 04-25-2022, 05:08 AM
RE: Never too Late - by Veil Nebula - 04-28-2022, 07:07 PM
RE: Never too Late - by Jarek - 05-01-2022, 11:34 AM
RE: Never too Late - by Veil Nebula - 05-18-2022, 12:42 PM
RE: Never too Late - by Jarek - 05-19-2022, 09:54 AM
RE: Never too Late - by Veil Nebula - 06-05-2022, 07:02 PM
RE: Never too Late - by Jarek - 06-18-2022, 05:58 PM