Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Passing through; on a memory

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline morphi [PM] Posts: 76 — Threads: 14
Signos: 310
Day Court Sovereign
Male [He/his]  |  8 [Year 503 Summer]  |  23 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 15  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

J A R E K
I heard from God today and She sounded just like me
What have I done, and who have I become?
I saw the devil today and he looked a lot like me
I looked away, I turned away

Her company felt light and warm; like the first embraces of spring. Conversations with Caelum were engaging to follow, she made it easy for him to feel comfortable. There weren’t many who he could say the same about. He didn’t have the insight to understand that, at least partially;  it was his social blunders at fault.  He would have been proud if a child of his had grown to become someone like Caelum. He hadn’t stopped to think of children, and of the future in that sense before. Previous life experiences made him wary that he wouldn’t make a good parent - after all his own parents had been a poor fit for the job. 

Considering her words carefully he replied “I think we revisit some of these shadows from time to time, to see if our perspective has changed. A lot can be learnt on reflection, as long as we don’t focus too heavily upon it.” he said softly before adding with a smirk “I believe a wise mare once told me to not let the past be consuming.'' He was of course referring to Caelum’s previous advice to him, given in the cave system.  “It is important to know who is partially adept at chasing your particular shadows,” he said with a soft chuckle. 

He stopped for a moment transfixed on the concept she had spoken. They could simply push away the cold? Shed warmth and light on the world. This was staggering. “That would be a sight indeed.” he said simply, his mind still imagining how breathtakingly remarkable that would be to see. “A sandstorm strike? No, that would not be very good at all. Sand would get…everywhere” he said with a warm laugh. 

His ears swiveled at her next sentence and he whispered “Well, I didn’t know that was the purpose for this place, until I got here. It is lovely though.” he said, chuckling further. He could feel the warmth in his gut at all this laughter and joy.  He snorted after hearing her next words spoken, “I had no intention of disturbing anyone.” His tone is light and genuine. “I can certainly see why they chose such a place for such a thing. But why come all the way here? There is surely no privacy, as you have pointed out anyone could wander in anytime.” he shook his head briefly wondering how and why this custom had been started. 

“Well, should you ever find yourself wanting a walk in such a place and don’t feel comfortable alone. I would happily accompany you anytime.” he said softly with a smile stretching his body out and enjoying the sunshine. He had not felt this relaxed in a very long time. It was an enjoyable experience to simply be.

Arms wide open
I stand alone
I'm no hero
And I'm not made of stone

@Caelum | speaks

Messages In This Thread
Passing through; on a memory - by Caelum - 04-14-2022, 08:44 PM
RE: Passing through; on a memory - by Jarek - 04-14-2022, 11:40 PM
RE: Passing through; on a memory - by Caelum - 04-18-2022, 11:50 PM
RE: Passing through; on a memory - by Jarek - 04-19-2022, 06:40 AM
RE: Passing through; on a memory - by Caelum - 04-25-2022, 01:18 AM
RE: Passing through; on a memory - by Jarek - 04-25-2022, 04:52 AM