Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- [P] Red Antlers and Black Horns

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline EighthWonder [PM] Posts: 21 — Threads: 5
Signos: 1,990
Dawn Court Medic
Intersex [He / Him / They / Them]  |  7 [Year 504 Spring]  |  17 hh  |  Hth: 11 — Atk: 9 — Exp: 10  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Liseli

For a moment she let go, in any way that she could, in any type way that she’d let herself. It was the second for her pressing close to him against his chest. Something only fleeting. For him a sensation rarely given or felt. In that instant he could tell this was for either party of the interaction. Either way he was just fine with being that thing for anyone for a moment. But an object in the space, but a cushion on the couch. There was something softer about it for him, but he didn’t take it in any type of way. Perhaps. Perhaps it was the drink, the banter of mindless voices of those much more intoxicated than they leading to that moment. For him he allowed himself to be that sounding board for another. If but for that second, the charm, that game had finalized and peaked. But in this way there was no winners or losers… only participants.

As the mare gazed at him with her eyes the hue of riches and dragons hoards. He could’ve missed it if he hadn’t been equally dazzled in that single moment. He could see in to her for that minute. He knew she could see in to him as well. As she pressed closer to his chest a deep exhale escaped him, blinking loosely as if his mind was entering some kind of core memory in to it’s cold stone of logic. As his eyes fluttered open again he was over her slightly again tilting down and his expression one of the one he could see in her. She too knew what pain came from the actions of others and what it meant to be so lost in those feeling of fear. One could loose themselves in these things and they were just two strangers, in a bar, finding something neither had been prepared for. A second of trust. Nothing would come of it as is likely as it was, but it was written as such.

His expression was one of a type of friendly love, the way one looks at their physical momentos. Like nothing could understand more than the child as they wrapped themselves in their blanky. This was fleeting and soon he leaned a little closer as the mares voice dropped in tone and rapture. The first sentence would have been understood without it even being said, but a part of him was glad to know she saw the same thing in him as well. It wasn’t always the he got the opportunity to show his past through a moment. He was generally an open book willing to share and feel the things of others for their own healing, it was the way of him and his ancestors. But rarely, if ever, had he’d ever seen a moment where a small part of him was healed too through the equal suffering of another. What a beautiful thing.

He shared her solemness as he rested, but as he did he caught himself breathing lightly, enjoying the comfort of her closeness. He knew he should answer her, to understand and recognize what was probably very difficult for her, but he chose a different path one that wouldn’t probably ever be put in a whole sentence. He pulled his wing a bit closer around her touch soft and easy. He placed his muzzle higher above her forehead and gracing her ebony horns. He looked off in to the distance for a moment and closed his eyes. Just a hug, so simple and yet somehow more. He left her a moment later and watched as she moved to the other end of the couch. 

He figured it hadn’t been due to his actions, but it was in the habit-dictionaries that they were. So he understood when she proposed a cheer to the lonely essence. He followed her with a slow nod and finished his drink as well. A clank on the table and a drop to the side of the arm of the couch. He left his moment in the bottom of that glass, but he wasn’t unhappy about it. He was back to the one enigma he’d always been. But he did admit, he liked this mare. Perhaps they’d met somewhere along the way of the cosmos, at least this night of bond wasn’t for naught. He knew then the lesson he’d found here and he’d tell her before they’d part so that she may use it too.

She started on where he was from, and he was happy to indulge. His voice loose and careful out of natural tame, "I guess I am from the Dawn Court, but I digress I don’t really belong there… This is not the issue as I go as I go I come as I come. Being alone as you said is a hell of a thing. Being lonely is a different matter entirely." He cleared his throat and gestured loosely to the keep of the inn to clear the table before them. But he returned to her, turning his head and adjusting his antlers to hang back towards his mane. This was his interest and curiosity getting through though what he really wanted to say would come soon. "As is polite, I figure it to ask you the same question. But if I may dare, the fire the change… I would initially guess vagabond…. But that’s not right at all. Your dress…" He gestured softly to her ornaments around her body… "Desert. So Day?"

His wing remained relaxed and draped over the couch, hued feathers falling out behind them. This wasn’t meant to make her come back, it was just the way of his system. Though relaxed he told her. He leaned a bit closer speaking she had done minutes before. Perhaps it was a secret as she maybe had felt. "To revisit, being alone. The pain, the pain binds everyone. The joy, the joy of all is in the seconds of kindness, of joy, of new and of old. They are rare and for some few between but the world is not dark everyone carries the light within them. Maybe somewhere we both know our own lights’ too. "

"Speech" | TAGS:  @Fever|  NOTES: Lot’s to unpack here lol

Messages In This Thread
[P] Red Antlers and Black Horns - by Liseli - 03-17-2022, 03:56 PM
RE: [P] Red Antlers and Black Horns - by Fever - 03-27-2022, 02:12 PM
RE: [P] Red Antlers and Black Horns - by Liseli - 03-28-2022, 05:08 AM
RE: [P] Red Antlers and Black Horns - by Fever - 04-05-2022, 03:36 PM
RE: [P] Red Antlers and Black Horns - by Liseli - 04-08-2022, 01:54 PM
RE: [P] Red Antlers and Black Horns - by Fever - 04-27-2022, 02:28 PM
RE: [P] Red Antlers and Black Horns - by Liseli - 05-02-2022, 05:08 PM
RE: [P] Red Antlers and Black Horns - by Fever - 05-18-2022, 03:37 PM
RE: [P] Red Antlers and Black Horns - by Liseli - 06-02-2022, 11:18 PM