Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- [AW] Kaleidoscope Glasses

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline EighthWonder [PM] Posts: 21 — Threads: 5
Signos: 1,990
Dawn Court Medic
Intersex [He / Him / They / Them]  |  7 [Year 504 Spring]  |  17 hh  |  Hth: 11 — Atk: 9 — Exp: 10  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Liseli

The stripped unicorn beside him seemed a little less intense now that a few words had passed between them, though anything said until this point was just that, words. That was at least until the mare seemed to have a response to his comment of the nature of art. Liselis focus perked up a little, though his movement slightly upwards was done slowly. Though the words seemed harmless, he still sensed the mare’s anxiety and he didn’t want to alarm her though he never thought of himself as very intimidating to begin with. Regardless, Liseli couldn’t help but twinge his maw in to a slight smirk as the mare spoke of not understanding impracticality and it’s relation to beauty. He said nothing for the moment to let her finish speaking but his eye did wander a moment to the delicate sliver earring through her ear then to the metallic adornments upon the tips of her two horns. He could see those in use in terms of war as she insisted, but the earring… 

The mare did have a point. Beauty did have it’s place in the world, but the idea of beauty itself was so fickle. The equines seemed to be the one’s most obsessed with vanity, otherwise they wouldn’t have things like tapestries. Liseli chuckled quietly to himself over his joke and he would’ve left that section of their conversation to the wind. The mare however did pose a question and well it was unlike him to not-answer, considering the amount of sheer time he’d actually had studying subjects like these from his time in wilderness."For some, yes I do suppose you are correct. Perhaps the raccoon’s white dress is the darkest eye stripe. But often I have thought that they perhaps seek something else in each other entirely. But I guess that type of attraction could happen for beings like us as well, though it seems we all are much… less skilled at it."

With his mention of her daughter, Liseli could see the moment of relief vanish again from the mare. Not in a state she was previously, but still back on edge. After what she said, he didn’t blame her. To ease her tension Liseli looked away from the mare’s blue eyes a moment, surveying the others away from them sharing their own interactions before returning his gaze to the fire. The wolves he’d observed in the woods would use this to break the tension between one another, it was the thing that made sense to him at the moment. Though his gaze was off the mare directly again her words made him smirk. For a second, he thought back to his own mother and how he’d often abandoned her for his “more important” youth-consumed whims. But his smile quickly vanished when the mare spoke of monsters, yes, those he knew. 

"I used to run from my mother too, though we had little worry. Must be a condition of the youth…" Liseli took the opportunity to draw his breath before changing his tone to something a bit more serious in acknowledgement of the mares less light-hearted statement, "I do not know all, but I do think that the young ones are the way they are because they have yet to learn of the monsters out there. It must be exhausting to be a mother. I’ve seen creatures wither under the weight, sacrifice themselves, anything really. The monsters that are the scariest are often those who walk within the souls of the selves." The last sentence did not bring peace to Liseli and like the mare his body tensed a little. He’d watched Niele die over even the possibility of motherhood, but her soul had been dead for a long time afterwards. Her monsters got her.

Liseli shook his head a bit trying to shake off the brief hurt, visible across his face even in his one blind-looking eye. He did look back to the mare now, she introduced herself. Miera… and Illia. Liseli repeated the names in his mind, he’d not met anyone in a long time or at least long enough to hear another name. Perhaps he was just making sure he’d actually remember it, it was not uncommon for him to loose some information over time. "I am Liseli. It is nice to meet you Miera," he said kindly. "I am… new, I suppose. I come for a land far away, my family has no name for it, or for themselves really. It was only recently we’d ever settled. But I came here because I guess it was my …nature. I’ve heard of Dawn from only passings, and it sounds as though there there was some help needed here. Though I am inclined to say I don’t have much of a role yet I suppose, though I can do some pretty odd things I think. I have also heard the the sovereign here is a doe…" Liseli raised his head upright and looked to his large darkened antlers humorously, swaying them slightly back and forth as to not bump in to the unicorn beside him. "So I do say if I ever were to cross paths with them, I supposed we might have something in common."

"Speech" | TAGS:  @Meria |  NOTES: I feel like Liseli is gonna get on her nerves but like in a good way lol.

Messages In This Thread
[AW] Kaleidoscope Glasses - by Liseli - 03-15-2022, 07:45 PM
RE: [AW] Kaleidoscope Glasses - by Meira - 03-16-2022, 09:23 AM
RE: [AW] Kaleidoscope Glasses - by Liseli - 03-16-2022, 03:34 PM
RE: [AW] Kaleidoscope Glasses - by Meira - 03-19-2022, 11:40 AM
RE: [AW] Kaleidoscope Glasses - by Liseli - 03-21-2022, 04:39 AM