Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- The Winds of Change (veil/dyzz)

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline wild / jet [PM] Posts: 85 — Threads: 12
Signos: 1,300
Day Court Scholar
Female [she/her]  |  8 [Year 503 Summer]  |  18.3 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 28  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

art by vivihal
Jane
Veil said that she would introduce Jane to Torielle. Jane smiled and nodded, not out of awkwardness but out of the desire not to fall apart. The name Torielle filled Jane with a deep fear, a fear for what Jane felt she deserved. And when the dam broke, it broke spectacularly. Down beneath the trees, large sobs broke from her body. She saw Veil’s worried gaze for only a moment, as Jane closed her eyes.

But then Veil’s coat was there, her heat was there. Her wing wrapped tightly around Jane’s body, as though anchoring the two of them together. Jane’s sobs continued even as Veil continued to embrace her and speak. Of course I still want you around, the star said and Jane shivered with her own self hatred.

“But why should you? After how I’ve treated you, I- I should have stayed, I didn’t even pause before I agreed to come home-” And what god it had been. Back in Novus, only a hundred times more useless. “I ruined everything, Veil, absolutely everything. Every good thing that came into my life, I killed. I went away, I left you, the only true friend I have ever had and for what.” She choked on her sobs. “You want to hear something funny?” She let out a messy, broken laugh, “My husband is a gelding! I married a 15 year old gelding because I was so hungry, because I thought then my family would let me come home.”

Her tears rolled down her cheeks, glittering in the sun. “I will never have a legitimate child, my purpose is done. I will leave no trace after I pass, not a single contribution to the worldly state. I threw it all- threw it all.” She shook her head and, despite herself, pressed her face tightly against the warm coat of her sister. “This is what I deserve. I chose this fate, loneliness must be its cost.”

tagged; @[Veil Nebula] 

i've never felt more alone
it feels so scary getting old

[/b]

Messages In This Thread
The Winds of Change (veil/dyzz) - by Jane - 02-22-2022, 11:47 AM
RE: The Winds of Change (veil/dyzz) - by Jane - 02-23-2022, 06:21 AM
RE: The Winds of Change (veil/dyzz) - by Jane - 02-23-2022, 07:22 PM
RE: The Winds of Change (veil/dyzz) - by Jane - 02-24-2022, 07:03 PM
RE: The Winds of Change (veil/dyzz) - by Jane - 02-25-2022, 12:46 PM
RE: The Winds of Change (veil/dyzz) - by Jane - 02-26-2022, 07:33 PM
RE: The Winds of Change (veil/dyzz) - by Jane - 03-03-2022, 09:45 AM