Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- Fortunes Revealed [Open]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline nastyalicorn [PM] Posts: 37 — Threads: 8
Signos: 2,210
Day Court Entertainer
Female [she / her / hers]  |  10 [Year 501 Summer]  |  16 hh  |  Hth: 7 — Atk: 13 — Exp: 33  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

temptable2
rip and smash through the hornet's nest

do you understand I deserve the best?

but you'll do what I want, do what i please

and do it again til I get what I Need
Past, present, future.

With a deep breath, Fever carefully scrutinizes the gilded deck that the violet- gold minx shuffles – she observes each card sliding over each other effortlessly, without falter, and she noted the edges fraying ever so slightly, well-loved corners. It told her that the clairvoyant – this decipherer of the stars, reader of the cosmos - she was well practiced and versed in her craft. The silks and glamour were to attract strangers who were curious, and although much appreciated by Fever, she wasn’t here for pretty things.

She was here for the mystic power, for the third-eye viewpoint of her crumbling life, for clarification and answers as to what path she should pursue.

No complaints on the package it came in, though.

Admiration would glaze Fever’s stare, her tongue running over her teeth as she salivated over what answers the fortune teller would give. She dreamed of many things, glorious and gilded, and yet, she was haunted by something dark and foreboding. Something had its vice around her, and she had yet to decide whether to fight the chokehold or succumb to it.

The sound of scissors would eject her back to the present.

“I often desire more than just answers,” she’d answer casually, a leer obvious in her stare, a smirk pulling up one side of her black mouth. It was clear that answers were not the only thing she was pushing for. 

“Did you furnish this tent yourself?” Fever would ask, wearing a guise of charm and flattery, hoping that a conversation beforehand would help ease this overwhelming shadow of doom. “You know, it’s impressive – but it falls short –“ she pauses, another warm simper curling her lips, “In comparison to you.”

At this moment, she would turn her head back towards the entrance, breathing out the last of her nerves as the woman’s voice would pacify her, convince her to stay. The timbre of her song would crawl into her spotted ears and make it’s bed there, a beckon to join. Fever then looks to her, her own eyes would ask permission as she sought a place at the table. A quiet spell of laughter would spill from her, effortless, almost as if in the presence of someone she could trust.

“I’m not yet convinced that you have all the answers I seek.” There was no hesitation in her voice, yet her expression would briefly harden, a slight squint as she contemplates her next words. 

She wished to ask where her mother was; she wished to know why she was haunted by strange and ominous dreams of bones and severed hair and voices weeping; she wished to know how to restore greatness to her people.

Alas, fate wasn’t so kind, and even she knew that whatever answers she would receive would be cryptic and not yet sealed into prophecy.

After all, it wasn’t the stars that told her to get blood on her hands.

Fever leans forward, hushed, paranoid that someone outside could be eavesdropping on their conversation, “May you ask the fates what is in my future? I am unsure of where to go to find what I’m looking for.”

@Nefertari <3
CODE IMAGE

[Image: 45505141_kShAGp5UVRG2Lvt.png]

i am a forest fire; i am the fire and i am the forest
and i am a witness watching it

Messages In This Thread
Fortunes Revealed [Open] - by Nefertari - 02-13-2022, 09:23 PM
RE: Fortunes Revealed [Open] - by Fever - 02-15-2022, 05:19 PM
RE: Fortunes Revealed [Open] - by Nefertari - 02-18-2022, 07:49 PM
RE: Fortunes Revealed [Open] - by Fever - 02-21-2022, 06:06 PM
RE: Fortunes Revealed [Open] - by Nefertari - 03-20-2022, 09:36 PM
RE: Fortunes Revealed [Open] - by Fever - 04-05-2022, 02:17 PM