Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - A message in a bottle

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Scapeh [PM] Posts: 65 — Threads: 8
Signos: 675
Dawn Court Scholar
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  8 [Year 502 Fall]  |  16 hh  |  Hth: 16 — Atk: 4 — Exp: 20  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

TORIELLE

It's only me who wants to wrap around your dreams

The mare was pleased to see the faint pink hues colour the woman’s cheeks. Torielle did enjoy providing a bit of flattery, even if it was only in simple gestures like the one she had provided Uzuri. She was sure that if she spoke aloud of the pegasi’s beauty that her reaction would be much the same, if not tenfold. The woman must not have been used to the attention, or the respect. Perhaps it was a bit much for a first meeting between strangers, but the antlered creature did not know of a better way to make acquaintances. She had learned to show respect to everyone she met, until proven such niceties might be unwise. 

The image of Jarek, stoic, looming before her, proclaiming all the future had foretold of them, flashed before her eyes. She held the grimace from her face, but the expression would surely reach her eyes. Though it was in her nature to be polite, to give the benefit of the doubt to strangers (one never knew when they were in the presence of a wandering deity or creature of great power after all) perhaps she would be more careful with such things in the future. She’d hoped that her encounter with the stallion was merely a fluke. Her pelt shivered as a stiff breeze blew the visage of the obsidian man away. 

Uzuri was speaking of her life among the Dusk court, as first a warrior and then as a smith, a creator with fire and metal. The doe listened, tilting her head to one side slightly in curiosity. 

“I come from a tribe of artisans,” she spoke, “But I never had much skill for the craft myself. It takes a soul of a certain kind of mettle to forge things. Patience, resilience, strength of both body and mind. Your choice in occupation speaks volumes of your virtues, Uzuri.” The mare offered a warm smile to the woman before her. 

“These days,” Torielle chuckled. “These days I wish for the warmer weather. I am not from Novus, so I’ve been spending my time familiarizing myself with the lands of Delumine. Though I must admit, I have spent much more time among the trees and woodland creatures than I have the city and its people.” She bowed her head, looking away, a bit abashed. 

“It really is something I should rectify. And I intend to. I here there’s some festival set to take place once spring is fully in bloom and I mean to attend. Hopefully to have a better understanding not only for the denizens of Dawn, but for the other courts as well.” The mare lifted her gaze and gave the pegasi woman a bright smile. 

“If the rest of Dusk are anything like yourself, I’m sure they will prove to be quite pleasant to get to know.” 

"Speech." | @Uzuri

art by the-day-of-shadow character by scapeh table by sunny

Messages In This Thread
A message in a bottle - by Uzuri - 02-01-2022, 04:25 PM
RE: A message in a bottle - by Torielle - 02-05-2022, 08:52 PM
RE: A message in a bottle - by Uzuri - 02-20-2022, 10:44 PM
RE: A message in a bottle - by Torielle - 02-21-2022, 12:41 AM
RE: A message in a bottle - by Uzuri - 04-20-2022, 07:06 PM
RE: A message in a bottle - by Torielle - 04-26-2022, 12:23 PM
RE: A message in a bottle - by Uzuri - 05-02-2022, 03:38 PM