Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Don't threaten me with a good time

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 64 — Threads: 7
Signos: 50
Vagabond Tactician
Female [She/Her/Hers/They/Theirs]  |  10 [Year 501 Spring]  |  18.2 hh  |  Hth: 7 — Atk: 13 — Exp: 29  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

P a n g a e a

champagne, cocaine, gasoline
and most things in between
i roam the city in a shopping cart
a pack of camels and a smoke alarm

She would be the first to admit she wasn't sure why she was still following them, but she was. One glance up, and he'd be able to see her ride the thermals, bound up cream curls flown back away from her face, the gold, and amber of her jewels glinting off the sunlight. However, the air was colder now, and even she could see the gathering clouds in the distance, the promise of a bit of snow later. A face was made at that thought. But, as they neared the mountains, she also knew it would be time to start thinking about landing.

Her gaze shifted, first towards the elk a little ways off, and then the area around him, a momentary silent scout for potential predators that may be watching him for a weak moment to leap. Deciding nothing threatening and worth her time was around, her gaze finally turned towards the confusing coffee and cream stallion below. Her yellow eyes watched him for a moment before she sighed and finally banked right. She followed the thermal down, twirling in lazy circles before beating her wings a few times in preparation for landing. She was hesitating, however, her gaze on the snow, trying to find the best way to land without disturbing the wounds she had reopened upon her departure into the air so long ago. But now, she needed to land again, which would be less than pleasant. Taking a deep breath, she prepared herself and finally touched down.

Her wings swept back, arching out to slow her final descent with the grace of any bird of prey, her clawed hind limbs reaching to grasp onto the ground. However, the time up in the air had allowed the pain to be numbed by the cold and lack of use, and so the sudden pressure had a startled cry leave her muzzle, her limbs buckling beneath her. Instantly she slammed her front legs down, trying to steady herself, her wings immediately flaring out, and for once showing casing their odd design had a purpose, as they seemed to come alive like a webbed appendage, as they helped brace her body from hitting the ground, the hooked thumb putting the join down flat, while webbed fingers extending out, also pressed flat against the floor until she was able to catch her breath and re-establish her balance.

Only once she was sure she would be able to support her weight would she be able to keep her balance did she retract her wings again, flapping them twice to dislodge the snow before folding them tightly against her spine. She kept her eyes carefully void to ignore the pain she felt, even as she clearly gritted her teeth. As her back legs once more began to get used to the stress and weight, and the pain subsided from sharp jabs to a dull throb did, she finally look up to meet Gareth's gaze, instantly speaking in a slightly rough voice of someone who wasn't very familiar, thus very comfortable; with being taken care of by another. "I'm fine before you ask. Forgot how much landing hurt. It's no big deal. I'll get over the pain after a bit, have had I to be. Can't just up and magically make things stop hurting." She states dismissively, even as she unintentionally displayed just how little she knew about healing with that very sentence, unaware certain plants could be eaten to dull or even get rid of the pain completely. Unaware of medicinal practices at all.

She shifts her gaze away from her current caregiver. While she was growing more comfortable with his presence, the idea of having to be taken care of was still foreign. She'd raised herself (and her brother) after all. No one had ever taken the time to check on her. No one had ever tended her wounds, checked on how she was, or berated her for letting her state decline - or at least, none before this stallion. She didn't know how to feel about that or how to feel about the slight warmth that blossomed in her belly over the attention. The twinge, the subtle flutter of butterflies - not of the romantic variation - it was far too early for that just yet, but rather the warmth and fluttering of having someone worry about her, a stranger at that.

A feeling of warmth made her start to feel a little less alone and unstable on here, in this world. It was still new, still frail and delicate, easily crushed. But it was there, a subtle sense of maybe this land could be providing, the horses she'd scoffed at for their lack of self-preservation might actually not be as bad as she'd first expected. "So," she starts awkwardly, finally looking back to him, her limbs now used to the weight enough that she was able to take steps to draw her closer to him, so they could speak a little easier, "it looks like there are clouds coming in. I don't know . . . . what the different storms of this season might look like, so you'll have to decide yourself what it might mean - I just know what the air feels like with the approach of a storm." She pauses before adding, "The world I come from . . . doesn't have a cold season like this . . . So, I don't even know if there are storms that are bad during this season. Just that it drops frozen water from the sky." She adds.

She keeps the distance between them, not encroaching too close, trying to maintain a distance to not upset him or his pack member [the elk] from being so unnerved from the close proximity of what they both were still thinking was just another predator. She shivered a little more now from the cold, at the base of these mountains that would grow colder as they climbed, but said nothing to her discomfort, as her gaze searched the paths, "Uhm, well, I guess we better keep moving." She added awkwardly, motioning for him to go ahead, she'd follow; even as she fell quiet, a simple shadow watching the area around them with caution, knowing among trees like this . . . the predators, the real predators, would be more plentiful, and with this period being hard enough on an omnivore such as herself, she imagined these predators would be hungry as well, and with both she and the elk injured . . . their temporary pack would be a walking buffet.

this night is heating up

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Gareth
Notes: Time for some bonding while stuck in a blizzard . . . . you realize this is a romance trope right? xD

raise hell and and turn it up
saying, "if you go on you might pass out in a drain pipe."
oh yeah, don't threaten me with a good time

Artwork ©Sephinta

Messages In This Thread
Don't threaten me with a good time - by Pangaea - 01-23-2022, 01:04 AM