Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - We always start with good intentions but lose ourselves along the way

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline EighthWonder [PM] Posts: 21 — Threads: 5
Signos: 1,990
Dawn Court Medic
Intersex [He / Him / They / Them]  |  7 [Year 504 Spring]  |  17 hh  |  Hth: 11 — Atk: 9 — Exp: 10  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Liseli

Liseli waited and watched the golden mare as she replied to his words of age. Was he a philosopher, no, he didn’t think so. It was just the way he was raised that made him believe in such a way. Everyone was a part of the process but he did not necessarily believe in any real gods. This was usually strange for someone within a court, but he just thought that was the way the world was. Coming and going, life and death, ect.  Magick had been the only real thing that could break those cycles and that was part of his true curiosity about it. Though honestly he knew nothing could be created without the predecessor before it and that aspect was the key to him learning about magick at all. The copper equine stood still as she spoke until a bit of excitement crossed his face as she mentioned her immortality. That was a type of magick and he’d never known anyone with it before, this could be his first promising thing. However he figured it best to let the subject rest for a while, the mare still seemed a bit shook from her previous anger. 

His own suspicion had been confirmed as the mare then quickly took to speaking about the lemmings he’d briefly mentioned before he cut off his own rambles. She compared herself to them and spoke of a secret. Liseli did not look upon the mare with concern, just a gentle eye. When she spoke of throwing herself off he thought of Niele. Suicide was something he was intimately familiar with, but for someone with unlimited life the question was why. I don’t know what could’ve happened to you Io but pain is not something new. Who can control it after sometime is really out of the hands of the one caught in it. He didn’t say anything aloud realizing he may have seemed insensitive, he just listened the way he used to when Niele would speak to him of her woes. Patient and understanding. 

It wasn’t until she whispered something looking off the cliff, the his need to speak really arose. He subdued to urge until the mare looked back at him again accepting his invitation to walk down the cliff. "I’d prefer if you’d walk beside me, less you have to look at my rear the whole time. Perhaps we should take the long way seems to me you’ve got quiet a bit of time to kill" Liseli laughed a little, the tension in the air easing a bit as they seemed to make some jokes about a fairly serious confession moments ago. Liseli turned around the mares side and looked towards the path again, he started walking slowly waiting for her to join him as he ventured down the rocky face. As he stepped some of the pebbles loosened around his hooves by the movement didn’t bother him much he had at least the confidence of his wings and his strength.

As he walked his nature didn;t allow him to keep in his previous curiosities, "You know Io it is absolutely no business of mine, but for someone with unlimited life you seem awfully cursed about something. I don’t mean to be rude but I knew someone who had the tendencies of the lemming too…" he tailed off for a moment refocusing on the trail before him, letting out a soft sigh "She didn’t last but there much be some reason to keep it all up."

"Speech" | TAGS:  @IoKairavi |  NOTES: Sorry if he’s getting on her nerves

Messages In This Thread
RE: We always start with good intentions but lose ourselves along the way - by Liseli - 04-26-2022, 05:24 PM