Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Portal IC Event  - This was not my intention

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 116 — Threads: 20
Signos: 40
Dawn Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  10 [Year 500 Fall]  |  14.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 30 — Exp: 54  |    Active Magic: Natural Energy Flow  |    Bonded: N/A

i've been so wrapped up
in my warm cocoon

Callynite

but something's happening
things are changing soon

The doe had been traveling around the mountains curiously, partially to wait for her mate, her fiance, her other half to show up. She and Coy had decided they'd meet in Arma Mountains to see if it would be well suited for a wedding, particularly as it's close location to Caelum would mean that the fae horse would have an easier time helping them with decor (as Coy was determined to rope the poor mare into). Cally, didn't much care about how the place looked, so long as it was official. The horse-deer hybrid, had; however, stumbled across an odd portal, or rather another one. She'd found a couple of them now, had even ventured into another one with Luvena not long ago . . . but this one smelled of sea salt, and curious the doe was now carefully pacing around it. No sign of Coy yet though, so the doe pranced eagerly, wondering if she should leave a note, or hope he sensed her, or however he always seemed to find her, but either way, she wanted to explore.

There was still so much she DIDN'T know about these portals after all. So the doe raised her head, her horn gleaming in the light before she stepped through the portal. Instantly something was wrong, as magic flung itself to her, and she stumbled under the sudden pressure, a cry being torn through her muzzle as she stumbled, falling into the sand at the other side of the portal. Her eyes squeezed shut, feeling the magic practically ripping at her. Was this the end, was this going to be it for her? Was this how she died?! She hadn't even got to say 'I do' yet. Her eyes were squeezed shut as the magic spun around her, until it seemed to explode in her mind, and she blacked out.

She didn't know how long she was out before she slowly blinked her eyes awake. She climbed clumbsily to her feet, her limbs swaying as she stretched, and tried to take her senses in. nose twitching. She stomped a hoof, flicked her tail before pausing. Why did she feel so tall? Why was the ground so far below her? She peered down, eyes on her hooves and she hesitantly lifted it, did the portal tear weight from her limbs? Why did she look so thin in the leg?! She paused, before going to flick her mane back . . . . and nothing flicked back. She paused, before slowly she actually began to take catalog of herself. The moment she turned to look down her back, she paused.

This outline was wrong. The fluffy half pony pelt was gone. The odd tail with too long fur that mocked her as an almost horse's tail was gone. Her gaze continued to roam over her and she stared at the slenderness she had been familiar with so long ago. Her heart was hammering in her chest, and she suddenly bounded towards the sea, before catching herself, and falling into the sand in shock. Bounding. SHE WAS ABLE TO BOUND AGAIN. Almost afraid, she made her way to the sea and turned her face down to cast a look at her reflection, her breath leaving her in a puff of cold air.

She froze, unable to take her eyes off the reflection staring back. She twitched each singular ear, one at a time, the reflection doing it back. She blinked once. Twice. Yes. Yes, this . . . this was her. Cervine face. The three pronged horns. Her heart was slamming in her chest now. This was her. This was who she'd been before Novus swept her into it's embrace. This was what she'd been like back home. Tears were blinked back as she slowly smiled, and then she was bounding away, steps light, airy, graceful, the wind ruffling her face, fluffing up the fluff of her chest, as the deer bounded in delight in a way her previous hybrid form hadn't been able to let her.

She was back! This was real! She was herself again! Her magic flared out, flowers blooming all around her in her joy, and she laughed. Wait until she showed Co- The sliding stop was the result of her thoughts sliding over her like icy water, ruining her mood. Coy. What . . . what would he think. She slowly turned towards the portal with a distressed bleat, before she slowly walked towards it, nervous suddenly, afraid to cross it back into the where he might be waiting, where he might see her . . . Where he might change his mind. 

i'm pushing the edge, i'm feeling it crack

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Huehuecoyotl
Notes: Figured she could change first, and he can stumble through the portal after her. Up to you on how he goes through his form change, but . . . . this was how I planned hers, as it's almost the reverse of how she changed coming into Novus through a portal haha.

and once i get out
there's no turning back

Artwork ©Bingo

Messages In This Thread
This was not my intention - by Callynite - 08-26-2021, 08:31 PM
RE: This was not my intention - by Huehuecoyotl - 08-28-2021, 11:53 AM
RE: This was not my intention - by Callynite - 08-30-2021, 12:19 AM
RE: This was not my intention - by Huehuecoyotl - 09-01-2021, 02:36 PM
RE: This was not my intention - by Callynite - 09-04-2021, 12:13 AM
RE: This was not my intention - by Huehuecoyotl - 09-11-2021, 06:34 PM
RE: This was not my intention - by Callynite - 09-12-2021, 05:31 AM
RE: This was not my intention - by Huehuecoyotl - 09-27-2021, 01:36 PM