Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Scars, Starlight, and Dawn

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Marthanóir [PM] Posts: 69 — Threads: 8
Signos: 10
Dusk Court Citizen
Male [He/His/Him]  |  Immortal [Year 494 Summer]  |  20 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 57  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Liam Kenway

To know that the lily only blooms between a few minutes to an hour surprises the stallion. He'd never heard of a flower doing that, but then again, he wasn't one to bury his face in texts involving flowers or anything resembling botany. "It seems a bit odd, doesn't it? That something so beautiful lasts for such a short time. I guess it's true when they say that beauty can and does fade," he points out carefully, making sure that he wasn't offending the mare before him. As she explained that she was hoping to replant and cross it with a few other lilies or to make a tea with it, he offered her a gentle smile as their gazes met again. "I hope you can get it replanted before it stops blooming," he remarks gently, watching as her smile widens as he announces he's a soldier. The gentle laugh from the mare has him smiling sheepishly as he ducks his head in embarrassment. "I find myself rising before the sun does most days, even when I don't need to. It's a horrible habit to break, and I know I probably should. There's just something about waking up before everyone else and having the world to yourself for a little while," he remarks, a slow grin spreading over his lips as he listens to her story.

Cordelia begins to talk about Solterra and Day Court, and Liam finds himself smiling tenderly as he listens. "It stays pretty warm in Terrastella, which surprises me sometimes, but with the warm coastal breeze, it can stay pretty tepid year-round," he mused, thinking about the court that he resided in. As she asked what kind of grandmother she'd be if she didn't insist on putting more meat on his bones, Liam flicked his ears back slightly to make sure that he looked slightly remorseful, nodding in agreement with a tender smile on his face at the insistence of being friends. "I think I would enjoy that, in all honesty. One can never have too many friends," Liam remarks, voice honest and diplomatic as he watches the mare carefully.

As the stallion admits that he'd be delighted to stop in at the tea shop, Cordelia squinted one eye at him and smirked in response. Her grin was contagious, and he laughed along with her, this conversation possibly one of his favorites that he'd had in some time. "I can't let someone as kind as you down. That'd be blasphemous," he points out delicately, easily following alongside her as they move off, his stride slow and purposeful as he attempts to make sure she doesn't have to rush herself. Cordelia's question startles him, and he allows the vulnerability to show on his face as he thinks back about why he became a soldier. Humming softly, he tilts his head to the side slightly as he answers. "Part of it is because my father served before I was born. He was felled in the throes of battle, but my mother always spoke highly of his bravery. I wanted to follow in his footsteps. I guess the rest of the reason is because I don't like bullies. I don't care where they come from or who they are; I prefer to defend the little guy if they need it," he replies, shrugging his shoulders as he continues walking, hoping that his explanation wouldn't scare the petite mare off.

"Liam Speaks."

Notes;; Liam adores her?!
Tag;; @Cordelia
Voice claim;; Chris Evans
Words;; 570

I'm with you till the end of the line

Credits

Messages In This Thread
Scars, Starlight, and Dawn - by Cordelia - 08-12-2021, 06:39 PM
RE: Scars, Starlight, and Dawn - by Liam - 08-12-2021, 09:22 PM
RE: Scars, Starlight, and Dawn - by Cordelia - 09-06-2021, 11:00 AM
RE: Scars, Starlight, and Dawn - by Liam - 09-07-2021, 08:00 PM